Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need some help with dartstar/spectrum dartboard  (Read 6353 times)

seatacwhat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2015, 01:04:10 pm
Need some help with dartstar/spectrum dartboard
« on: April 25, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »
i just picked up a dartstar/spectrum dartboard and it has couple problems. hopefully someone here can help. ive added some pics and i believe 2 of the issues that are causing my problems so far is the transformer and dip switches.  as you can see from the pic of transformer one of the wires is not connected and dont know where it should connect. and i have a book for the dip switches but not sure if its for my board or not. i have the 1994 medalist board. i cant even get the monitor to come on. also there are 2 wires that are not connected to the power supply and have no clue where they go. any help would be great

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Need some help with dartstar/spectrum dartboard
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »
You have a Dartstar 2000 cabinet which has had two conversion kits installed:

1. Converted from Dartstar hardware to a "Spectrum Genesis" hardware setup.

2. The light circuit was converted from incandescent light to fluorescent lights. 

Contact the folks at Medalist in Pacific, Wash. (just down the street from you) tech support for obtaining manuals.

http://www.medalistgames.com/contact.asp

Medalist parts are sold through distributors. Locally, that would be Specialty Coin (who recently purchased Mountain Coin their competitor):

22220 84th Ave S
Kent, WA
(253) 395-2939

3902 B St NW
Auburn, WA
(253) 736-6073

seatacwhat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2015, 01:04:10 pm
Re: Need some help with dartstar/spectrum dartboard
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:55:01 pm »
thanks for reply ken. do you know much about these boards? do you know if not having that transformer hooked up would prevent my monitor from getting a connection to the board? also does it look like all my jumpers are in correct spots?

You have a Dartstar 2000 cabinet which has had two conversion kits installed:

1. Converted from Dartstar hardware to a "Spectrum Genesis" hardware setup.

2. The light circuit was converted from incandescent light to fluorescent lights. 

Contact the folks at Medalist in Pacific, Wash. (just down the street from you) tech support for obtaining manuals.

http://www.medalistgames.com/contact.asp

Medalist parts are sold through distributors. Locally, that would be Specialty Coin (who recently purchased Mountain Coin their competitor):

22220 84th Ave S
Kent, WA
(253) 395-2939

3902 B St NW
Auburn, WA
(253) 736-6073