Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about ChanceKJ post on setting up Pi with Mame  (Read 2686 times)

j1345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2020, 03:38:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Question about ChanceKJ post on setting up Pi with Mame
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:52:07 pm »
Newbie here...

Right now I have a setup using a laptop hooked to an LCD inside a Vigolix cab.  I have to power up the laptop and get everything set up then put the laptop in back of the cab and can play from that point on.

Would be awsome to get rid of the laptop and just mount the Pi into the cab as described in the video posted above.

My question is how new can the ROMs be before the Pi craps out?  Are we talking anything newer then Dig dug/Pac Man?  Or can we go as new as Double Dragon/Rolling Thunder/Spy Hunter/Out Run....   Or can we go to Mortal combat/street fighter era? 

The board described in the video was:
Raspberry Pi Model B 756-8308 Motherboard

(Also thanks for the video...I feel like I can actually wire some power to my LED buttons now.  Was afraid to hook up the power to it until I saw how you did it step by step.  Thansk so much for taking the time and effort to post that. )

Thanks for any feedback...

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:14:06 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Question about ChanceKJ post on setting up Pi with Mame
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »
Check out this thread to determine which ROMset works with your choice of software.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,144702.0.html

Scott

j1345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2020, 03:38:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Question about ChanceKJ post on setting up Pi with Mame
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 01:22:54 am »
I found what I was looking for on Youtube.  They had the new Rasp Pi board running Mame and Nin 64.  All looks GREAT!!!  So I'll be adding this to my vigolix after Taxes are over.  LOL