Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: !!IMPORTANT!! Trident Blade T64 owners  (Read 2610 times)

desmatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2006, 02:25:53 pm
    • Easy MameCab
!!IMPORTANT!! Trident Blade T64 owners
« on: December 25, 2003, 06:18:06 am »
The latest versions of advancemame and advancemenu default to the svgaline driver on Trident's Blade T64.  This driver almost always selects the wrong hclock.  You need to change

device_video auto

to

device_video vbeline vgaline

if you do not, you will almost certainly put your monitor in harms way.

Happy holidays, desmatic.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 06:20:58 am by desmatic »

uepa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2004, 08:38:17 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re:!!IMPORTANT!! Trident Blade T64 owners
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 08:46:48 pm »
Hey desmatic, are you gonna update the rc files on your site?  Man, I tell ya, just when I get advancemame working perfectly again, they come out with a new version and mess it all up!!!  It's unbelievable how each new version messes everything up, isn't it???

desmatic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2006, 02:25:53 pm
    • Easy MameCab
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 06:33:26 am »
Ya, I know it can be a bit frustrating at times.  It's pretty much a framebuffer issue though.  Whenever a new framebuffer driver is added or tweaked, another takes a bashing.

I'll update my rc files and easycab when I return to the states (in about 2 weeks).  Right now I'm on vacation in Wales.  

I'm pretty sure that if you just change device_video auto to device_video vbeline vgaline you should have no problems running the latest version.  Beware though, a lot of rom changes have taken place since .74.  Without an updated rom set, you're likely to loose as many games as you gain.

uepa

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 08:48:10 am »
Thanks desmatic!  If it weren't for you, I'd be stuck running Mame32 in my cabinet, LOL!

I keep the most current romset (.78) currently on my PC and update my cabinet accordingly.  Therefore the updated sets are not the problem, it's the ever changing advancemame.

Hey, enjoy your vacation!

Auntie MAME

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2007, 09:18:00 pm
  • badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 05:53:23 pm »
... I'd be stuck running Mame32 in my cabinet, LOL!

Speaking for those of us that use and like MAME32, ouch!

uepa

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 07:56:25 pm »
Not meant to offend my friend.  But I have a cabinet and a Wells Gardner D9200.  I didn't spend all that money so I could run Mame32 with it.  AdvanceMame is the only way to harness its potential.

Superdude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 11:53:48 am
  • Mo' Betta Butter with da Betta Playa'
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 05:48:26 pm »
Thank you for the tip about the Video Card.  I run a machine thats medium rez arcade mon. with the TBLade 64.

gravity242

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2020, 05:51:52 pm
    • Super Pacman Restoration
Re: !!IMPORTANT!! Trident Blade T64 owners
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 02:12:25 pm »
This is an older post, but it's still totally relevant to AdvanceMAME as of version .92.  (and probably higher) Cheers to desmatic for posting the tip!   :)

This problem manifested itself for me in a rather strange way.  Because the SVGALINE driver didn't choose the wrong hclock every time, I was able to run almost any game without issue.  Here's what I did notice while having the setting on "auto": 

NeoGeo games (and every other game using the same resolution) had a slight hula effect.  (hclock must have been slighly off) 

Pacman wouldn't display in it's native resolution at all.  (hclock must have been WAY off)

Once I made this change, suddenly all the games were rock solid stable on my WG 25k7191 with Trident Blade T64. 

I wish I had seent his post before installing a new cap kit.  :-[  Oh well, probably needed it anyway. 

Too bad you can't just grab a tree by the very tiptop and bend it clear over the ground and then let her fly, because I bet you'd be amazed at all the stuff that comes flying out.  - Jack Handey