Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Initial D options and Mario Kart GP 2  (Read 3703 times)

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Initial D options and Mario Kart GP 2
« on: March 09, 2015, 04:59:57 am »
Hi, what initial D options do I have. I just tried the PC version and it was terrible. I alos tried Initial D 2nd stage on PS2 emulator. Great frame rate etc but all in Jap, is there a EN patch for this?

Whats the progress on Demul? I haven't tried for years.

Reason being is I have an initial D stage 3 cab, no game boards. I want to best replicate the original game.
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:20:25 am by vandale »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
Re: Initial D options
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:03:15 am »
I just tried the PC version
:lol

I just tried the PC version

:laugh2:

Sorry but it is so bad that when I learn that someone else endured trying it, I have to laugh.

I know at least the first Initial D works in Demul with only minor glitches if you have a blazing fast computer.
You may have to tweak the video options for that specific game.
SegaOutrun will probably chime in and give you the lowdown.  He probably has video of it running on his youtube channel if you want to see how well it runs.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:19:47 am
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:16:21 am »
is getting Initial D stage 3 boards not an option?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 06:28:20 pm »
I know at least the first Initial D works in Demul with only minor glitches if you have a blazing fast computer.

The Naomi games don't seem to be quite as CPU intensive as the HIKARU ones. I can run Initial D Arcade Stage on my i5 full speed at 60 fps with only the odd minor frame rate stutter on DEMUL 0.582, but by comparison I can only run the HIKARU games (like Sega NASAR) at around 50 fps, (which actually looks OK speed wise, but makes the audio sound like a cat being put through a mangle it's so badly distorted). I think you still need a Direct X11 compatible GPU for both though.

Another option Vandale, if you're a big Initial D fan is the PSP version played on PPSSPP, although it's a bit bland looking in my opinion. I think there are prototype builds of PPSSPP with link-up options, so could be good for your two player cab.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 08:49:10 pm »
The only way to get the english version is with Demul. ver1,2,3 all play well. They each have there own glitches here and there but they are very playable with a good cpu and gpu. I recommend Demul version 0.581 over 0.582. The speedometer does not show up for me on 582. The card reader system is not emulated so the only way to save progress is with save slates.  There is no english patch for the ps2/ps3 version but there are websites that translate the game and menu for you. Its not that hard to navigate in the japanese versions.

In demul, you will need to go into the service mode to turn off the card system or the game will not play. You can use this spreadsheet to map the buttons. Although shift down changes depending on what version of demul you are using. You will also need the demul version of the rom, the one from mame wont work. Please dont ask for roms here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xNJ5rfGPnalYF_PtL-MOHsNtO42-cRev6CGtgP5NsIU/edit#gid=0

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 04:09:41 am »
Thanks guys I will have a play around.

Next question, not sure if another topic is needed.

Dolphin Triforce, Mario Kart GP 2.

Currently using DT 4.0-315-x64 with the GP2 rom. I can load dolphin, select the rom but when it boots the program just hangs. This was after a number of random dll errors and dx errors of which I resolved.

I have searched and fund Sega Outrunspost on the simple config but no luck getting it to work. I cant find the version he speaks of anywhere, its old and all links are dead, maybe SegaOutrun can mega it for me?

Cheers

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 06:20:02 am »
Thanks guys I will have a play around.

Next question, not sure if another topic is needed.

Dolphin Triforce, Mario Kart GP 2.

Currently using DT 4.0-315-x64 with the GP2 rom. I can load dolphin, select the rom but when it boots the program just hangs. This was after a number of random dll errors and dx errors of which I resolved.

I have searched and fund Sega Outrunspost on the simple config but no luck getting it to work. I cant find the version he speaks of anywhere, its old and all links are dead, maybe SegaOutrun can mega it for me?

Cheers

Don't worry, found a post on you tube that linked a pre configured version that works a treat!! I get 60 fps with an old 6600 c2d and g210 NVidia card, win 7 64bit, 2gb ram.

Hit me up if you want the link as I cant post it here
Cheers

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
Re: Initial D options and Mario Kart GP 2
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 05:28:39 am »
Ok so I have it all setup in my cab, all is working well. A few tweaks to get the audio 100% which makes it far more enjoyable however I have a bug that I am not sure others also have.

Could somebody check the following on their MK GP2.

If I choose the 100cc car and win the first race then decide I don't want to continue with 100cc I can select to not continue at the end of the race, it then hangs on a black screen, I suspect its meant to go back to the intro and allow me to choose another class as long as credits are present.

Segaoutrun/Badmouth can you please check yours?
Thanks