Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lovin' the dosbox  (Read 1239 times)

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
Lovin' the dosbox
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:47:05 pm »
Well i've had a slow february with all the snow so I decided to delve into dosbox on my window7 machine--I must say, once I got it setup I'm really digging it!  The game at the moment is Privateer--one of my all time favourite dos games--once I figured out the credit cheat I could dive right into the missions with decent weapons/ship etc.

Next up--star wars dark forces...

edit credit cheat (for posterity)-- to create credits, open up the .sav file in a hex editor and look for a text string CCARGI followed by dots or random letter--your credit balance is in there somewhere (depends on where you are in the game).  so if you have 12,000 credits this is 2E E0.  it will be written as E0 2E.  if you have 300,000 (04 93 E0) you'll see E0 93 04..pick a number, convert it to hex, reverse it and bingo, you're a thousand-are!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:35:41 pm by menace »
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...