Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Free Hoops v1.0 (Arcade Basketball Software)  (Read 3297 times)

thatpurplestuff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:55:29 pm
Free Hoops v1.0 (Arcade Basketball Software)
« on: February 03, 2015, 02:57:15 am »
This little project started because another user is creating an arcade basketball "cab" and needed some software to count baskets.  It's a pretty basic bit of code... most of which was ripped directly from my upcoming Free Skee software.  It should be ready to play as-is but it is also very configurable in regards to both functionality and aesthetics.  It's made for 16:9 screens and the default resolution is 1600x900 but as long as it is running fullscreen it should auto-scale fairly well.  You can replace all visuals by replacing the PNG files in the \images folder, and all audio by replacing the MP3 files in the \sounds folder.  Fonts are set in stone so you will have to work around them with any themes you make.  I typed up a readme.txt very quickly (which also contains some sweet ascii art) that is in the zip and should answer most questions.  It's a pretty obscure piece of software with limited uses but hopefully a few people find it useful!

Menu

1 Player

2 Player

Default buttons:
Up Arrow: Up
Down Arrow: Down
Right Arrow: Start
A: Basket 1 trigger
S: Basket 2 trigger

www.punchdance.com/FreeHoops1.0.zip
For personal use only.  Commercial use is prohibited.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:33:57 pm by thatpurplestuff »

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

JimmyU

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:54:42 pm
  • I believe I can fly!
Re: Free Hoops v1.0 (Arcade Basketball Software)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:03:09 pm »
I just saw these things on Gizmodo.

I wonder how hard it would be to hack one or two of these things to use your software.

ventrra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2020, 02:29:29 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:17:21 pm »
It's not useful to me yet (maybe in the future), but after testing it a bit on my computer, it seem like a nice bit of coding. Thanks

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:55:29 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:20:00 pm »
JimmyU- Very cool!  Love the idea of a hoop that changes size... would be awesome to have more info on how it works because that would be a fun thing to play around with.

ventrra- Thanks!  Yeah it's a pretty niche piece of software considering I don't know of a single person yet that has created a working arcade basketball rig, but hopefully it might help get some builds going (at the very least I will be doing one eventually).

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

ventrra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2020, 02:29:29 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:00:57 pm »
ventrra- Thanks!  Yeah it's a pretty niche piece of software considering I don't know of a single person yet that has created a working arcade basketball rig, but hopefully it might help get some builds going (at the very least I will be doing one eventually).
I had actually thought about building one when I saw you post this since my wife sometimes plays the one at Wal-Mart .
Unfortunately, not only do I not have most of the parts at the moment, but I'd have to build it in the garage...
with no heat...
where it was 36F/2C today...
I think I'll wait a few months before seriously thinking about it.  ;D

Akin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:17:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 05:53:37 am »
Good day folks.

I know this is 2024, but I have tried to get the FreeHoops software but no luck.

Could anyone here please help me with the file. I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.