Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problem With Pedal Configuration In Mame  (Read 2504 times)

rawfltrevor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2015, 08:54:27 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Problem With Pedal Configuration In Mame
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:45:58 am »
Sorry in advance if this isn't the right area to post this but I'm having trouble getting the pedals that came with my Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend steering wheel to work in MAME. I have set them to the pedal analog input and they aren't working in any game. The steering wheel works fine but the pedals don't register at all. I reversed pedal 2 in the analog settings and it allows the car to move (california speed) but it is as if the gas pedal is pressed all the way down and I'm not pressing it. Please help me, this is very frustrating.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Problem With Pedal Configuration In Mame
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:29:48 am »
I had an issue like this in MAME awhile back when I was trying to set up the pedals for something (gas registering as always on and then actually slowing the car when I depressed the pedal)

See if this helps; Use the MAME option to configure your controls in-game (the menus you access with the TAB button) and when you get to the option for the gas pedal, fully depress the pedal BEFORE you do anything. Then hit the button to configure it (I think you just press enter off the top of my head) and then release the pedal and hopefully you should see MAME recognise an axis like Y, Z or RZ as you return the pedal to it's 'off' position. Do the same for your brake as well and it should hopefully work for you. This was just with all the wheel options in their default settings, not reversed.

rawfltrevor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2015, 08:54:27 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Problem With Pedal Configuration In Mame
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 01:27:31 am »
Thanks for the response. That did do the trick for all of my games except for Cruisin USA and Cruisin World. The pedals are registering during the calibration in the beginning however they are showing 0 when fully depressed. While in game the car does not respond to the pedals at all.