Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 SP (jpn) PCSX2 setting help  (Read 4747 times)

Sp3c7r3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2016, 02:09:52 am
Outrun 2 SP (jpn) PCSX2 setting help
« on: December 25, 2014, 06:19:12 am »
I need some help for getting this game to run well in PCSX2. I tried someones settings for getting Gran Turismo 4 to run well, and it ran well on my PC, but with those setting Outrun 2 SP have huge slowdowns in some parts, and with so many options to set in PCSX2 I'm at a loss.

My machine:
Intel i3 540 2,9ghz
3GB DDR3 Ram
GeForce GT630 w/ 2GB DDR3 Ram
120gb SSD

I'm interested to run the japanese version of this game as it has very good Force Feedback compared to the EU and US versions who has no Force Feedback

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
Re: Outrun 2 SP (jpn) PCSX2 setting help
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 06:45:35 am »
ive got a better setup and I still get slowdown here and there. make sure you are using the latest pcsx2. I just tried the 12-24-14 git version and I was getting a near constant 60fps at native res with default setting and with the exception skipdraw set to 2 with my i5 2500k (4.2 OC) and r9 270. 

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:23:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 04:44:59 pm »
ive got a better setup and I still get slowdown here and there. make sure you are using the latest pcsx2. I just tried the 12-24-14 git version and I was getting a near constant 60fps at native res with default setting and with the exception skipdraw set to 2 with my i5 2500k (4.2 OC) and r9 270.

Bookmarked to remember these settings....thanks SegaOutRun  :cheers:

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 03:36:12 am »

Bookmarked to remember these settings....thanks SegaOutRun  :cheers:

Well I finally got around to trying Outrun 2 and I'm afraid to say it runs like dog ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- ....*still* ! I have a Devil's Canyon 4790K processor OC'ed to 4.6Ghz and a nVidia 980Ti and the game suffers from MEGA stutters during certain parts of the track! Particularly when transitioning from one stage to another. Big time pauses.

Furthermore, the so called "FFB" is extremely weak for some reason. I'm using the QEMU2 wheel plugin from Jackun and it's got several options, but one of them being setting the gain slider from weak to max. I've got it all the way to the max and the in-game FFB still feels very very weak, and my wheel is no slouch! Not sure what's going on. Can anyone tell me if this version of the game allows you to adjust the force feedback in one of the menus? I can't read Japanese unfortunately :(
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:55:46 am by BadMouth »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 06:49:56 am »
Why not just stick to the PC version with Howard's FFB hack and other improvements?

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:56:03 pm »
Why not just stick to the PC version with Howard's FFB hack and other improvements?

That is my next course of action. ;)

I just figured I'd try it in PCSX2 first because I'm testing out that QEMU2 plugin.