Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 4 player setup with XinMo controllers?  (Read 2364 times)

tschneider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2014, 01:24:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
4 player setup with XinMo controllers?
« on: November 28, 2014, 04:09:06 pm »
Has anyone tried to use 2 Xin-Mo dual controllers in 4-player cab?  I am converting a 2-player MAME32 cab to 4-player, and just got another Xin-Mo controller based on some posts I read, which indicated this as a viable solution.  However, MAME32 won't recognize the second controller.  The controller shows up in Windows device manager (its a WinXP machine), but when I try to assign a button in the MAME32 tab settings, I can't get it to recognize anything from the second controller.  Any advice?

equlizer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2019, 02:56:48 am
  • All your base are belong to us
Re: 4 player setup with XinMo controllers?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:49 pm »
It also depends on what front end you want to use.  If you plan on using Hyperspin, Xinmos will not work in the menu at all.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 09:08:42 am »
I use xin mo with mame 32 and maximus arcade. Joy 2 key is your best friend. Set it up and put it in your startup folder.

tschneider

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:44:23 pm »
I just found out that one of my two Xin-Mo controllers had a problem, in that button 6 always appeared ON.  Problem with the controller chip.  Good chance that this was my problem.  I'm waiting for a replacement board now -- I'll provide an update when it gets here.

tschneider

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »
OK I got the new controller, and I can access players 3 and 4 now, though I did have to change some things in the stock MAME32 UI settings.  Initially, when I plugged in the new controller, MAME still wouldn't recognize players 3 and 4.  However, I was playing around in the MAME32 UI, and found that in Options->Default Game Properties, on the controllers tab, it showed 4 dropdown boxes for the different game controllers, but only the first two had active selections.  I enabled controllers 3 and 4, and now the MAME tab settings would recognize the players 3 and 4 controls.  Thanks thomas_surles for the suggestion of joy2key -- I wound up using that to map my player 1 coin and start buttons to "O" and "K" so that I could run the games that say "press OK to continue", without hooking up an actual keyboard.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:31 pm »
It also depends on what front end you want to use.  If you plan on using Hyperspin, Xinmos will not work in the menu at all.
More specifically, Hyperspin doesn't work well with Joysticks.  It was designed for use with a keyboard.
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: