Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade not recognizing IPAC Ultimate  (Read 2247 times)

Fat-Tug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2014, 06:27:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Maximus Arcade not recognizing IPAC Ultimate
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »
I've been scouring message boards for a solution to my problem.  I am running an IPAC Ultimate I/O from Ultimarc, Windows 7, Mame .155, and Maximus Arcade 2.10.  My computer is a laptop (if that matters).

Mame works great with the IPAC by themselves.  However, Maximus Arcade refuses to recognize my controls running off of the IPAC.  All other Windows applications recognize them.  Neither the frontend nor the preferences will register any of the controls.  The worst part is, when I plug the USB into my laptop, not only does my control panel not work, but my laptop keyboard refuses to work inside the frontend as well.  When I plug a second keyboard into my laptop and run MA, MA works fine with that other keyboard.  It's just got some gripe with the IPAC.

I've read dozens of other complaints like this on message boards, but none of those threads lead to any solution.

Anyone have this problem before?