Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New(ish) HTPC/Emu box  (Read 1345 times)

hypernova

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
New(ish) HTPC/Emu box
« on: November 02, 2014, 01:19:26 pm »
After getting a desire to play Xenoblade again, I decided I wanted to do it using the high-def textures available via Dolphin.  In doing so, I'm going to have to move my desktop from upstairs and connect it to my TV.  I also needed to upgrade my video card, and perhaps my CPU in order to play in full 1080P, but since I'm doing this, I'm thinking I may get into the HTPC gig now, and just have it as a dual box that supports the TV and emulation.  Maybe I can even finally get rid of the PS2 and Wii I've been holding onto just for those systems.  Right now I'm mostly concerned with a few things.  Mainly is the tuner card I'll be needing, and especially how will that work when I have two inputs:  OTA antenna for locals, and Dish Network.  If I get this going, I'm thinking I may be able to nix the Dish, though.  Also, how can I get the content to other TVs in the house.

Seems to be a lot of information on the internet about all this, but it's all very overwhelming right now.  I'd rather do this as cheap as possible.  So what tuner card do you recommend?  I've seen Hauppauge cards for less than $15 on ebay, but the current ones are much higher. 
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!