Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rockola 437 vs. 440 Interchangability  (Read 2555 times)

3BadBirds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2014, 04:37:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rockola 437 vs. 440 Interchangability
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:58:38 am »
Hi!

Several months ago I picked up a Rockola 437 Ultra.  I'm new to the hobby and thought restoring it would be a good way to lean more about how they work.  Shortly I started tearing in to it, however, I noticed this juke was in much worse shape mechanically then I had originally thought.

I recently noticed a local ad from someone selling parts from a Rockola 440 including a complete working mechanism.  I know the electronic components between these two models are slightly different but was wondering if the other physical pieces were a direct swap - they looked very similar.  If they are that would save me a lot of time and aggravation.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!
York

Doghouse Riley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2023, 05:16:10 am
Re: Rockola 437 vs. 440 Interchangability
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »
I've no way of telling as I've never seen inside either one of them. I would think the mechanics are pretty much the same  with 160 selections. They even both have the same configuration of selector buttons. These were only a year apart as for date of manufacture. But someone may yet tell you, they are completely different which would surprise me.

I've a 443 and a 468. Seven years apart. There's big cosmetic differences and in the selection button mechanics.  One's 160 the other 100.
But the mechanics look identical other than the different sized wobble plates.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:07:19 pm by Doghouse Riley »
I don't mind if you don't like my manners.
I don't like them myself, they're pretty bad!
I grieve over them on long winter evenings.

3BadBirds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2014, 04:37:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »
I picked up the 440 and will keep my fingers crossed.  I already have a manual for 437 Ultra so once I get one for the 440 I should be in good shape.  These machines are only a year apart and the cabinets are very similar in size and design - the biggest difference being that you could still see the record play on the 437. 

More to come....

Thanks for the help!

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:26:32 pm »
Any luck?

Chris
--Chris