Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to skip gamelist selection screen in Tree  (Read 1639 times)

ThePlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2014, 10:52:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to skip gamelist selection screen in Tree
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:52:03 am »
I have been using MaLa for a few years now and have recently updated to the newest version of Mala, I am also switching to Mala Tree.  I have most parts setup and running fine.  So far I haven't been able to figure out how to get Tree to skip the gamelist selection screen, since I only have one gamelist for each emulator when I select which emulator in the main menu I want it to just load the only gamelist it has and go straight to the emulator game selection menu.

Thanks for any help you can give.

madmonky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2015, 08:23:42 pm
  • Monky'D One
Re: How to skip gamelist selection screen in Tree
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »
I'm having the same issue. I just started getting into MALA and can't figure out how to get it to load a default game list. The tree is great but having that middle "select game list" screen is kind of killing it for me. Does anyone know if MALA is still being developed?
Trying is the first step towards failure.

madmonky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2015, 08:23:42 pm
  • Monky'D One
Re: How to skip gamelist selection screen in Tree
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:53:26 pm »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Boy do I feel like a real moron. I was messing around with the Mala Tree option (about to give up and frustrated) when I realized I'm using the wrong way. It is completely capable of "skipping" the game list. I achieved this by adding Game Lists to the root of the tree instead of adding nodes. My tree is as follows:

/Root
 -> Arcade (Game List)
 -> Sega Genesis (Game List)

When I run MaLa I presented with the choice of Arcade or Sega Genesis. Once I make my choice I presented with the list of games for that Emulator.

I feel like such a  :tool:
Trying is the first step towards failure.