Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRTEmuDriver for Windows 7 and V-sync with Type X Loader  (Read 2972 times)

Andypc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2021, 11:25:45 am
CRTEmuDriver for Windows 7 and V-sync with Type X Loader
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:59:12 pm »
I have GroovyMame all set up and working and all my other emulators are working fine with the CRTEmuDriver for Windows 7. Running a few games with the Type X loader (i.e. Street Fighter IV), but there is no option to turn on V-sync and I have some screen tearing. Is there any way to force V-sync with certain applications.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2024, 12:02:51 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: CRTEmuDriver for Windows 7 and V-sync with Type X Loader
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:34:53 am »
I believe you can do that by installing the proper CCC version. You'd need to download the whole official suite and install it, then maybe installing CRT Emudriver over it to overwrite the driver part might work... or it might mess your system up.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:36:50 am by Calamity »
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Andypc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »
I found a really neat solution that works perfectly. D3DOverrider is a small program that allows you to turn on V-sync for individual applications. Works without causing any problems with the CRTEmuDriver or Groovymame and removes tearing from Type-X games and other Emu's without a v-sync option.

bulbousbeard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2015, 11:58:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 03:15:01 am »
I found a really neat solution that works perfectly. D3DOverrider is a small program that allows you to turn on V-sync for individual applications. Works without causing any problems with the CRTEmuDriver or Groovymame and removes tearing from Type-X games and other Emu's without a v-sync option.

Why wouldn't you just install Ultra Street Fighter IV in your cabinet? There's a native PC version.

Andypc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 04:02:04 am »
It's not just for Street Fighter IV, I have other Type-X games set-up that are not available for the PC. I have Ultra running on my other cab which has a tri-sync monitor. Unfortunately running Type-X games on a 15Khz screen without V-sync produces bad tearing. So this is a really neat solution.

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 02:59:06 pm
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 05:11:58 am »
Why wouldn't you just install Ultra Street Fighter IV in your cabinet? There's a native PC version.

Which requires extra middleware to be able to get rid of the keyboard requirements. I have USFIV but it gets no playtime whatsoever because it's impossible to map everything natively to a 2L12B panel. The Type X older one works without fussing about.

bulbousbeard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2015, 11:58:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 07:44:08 am »
That's why I like the J-PAC and the I-PAC. I have no trouble mapping everything in Ultra Street Fighter IV with those.

twistedsymphony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 04:37:06 pm »
That's why I like the J-PAC and the I-PAC. I have no trouble mapping everything in Ultra Street Fighter IV with those.

I love how you assume SFIV represents the entity of TTX games when there are at least a dozen TTX games that can't be played anywhere else. Not to mention many people (myself included) prefer the clean, arcade-style, no-menu version of the game over any console or PC variant, even if the initial setup is more painful.

Also, unless Capcom released a patch in the last week (since thats when I last reinstalled USFIV on my cab), every PC variant they've released of SFIV so far has required the use of the x-input hacked DLL in order to map more than one player to the keyboard. I know this because I had to use said dll in order to get it to work with my ipac.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:42:43 pm by twistedsymphony »