Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Project: PGA Tour Golf pedestal MAME conversion  (Read 1608 times)

liquid134

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2018, 07:58:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Project: PGA Tour Golf pedestal MAME conversion
« on: July 18, 2014, 12:29:16 pm »
hey everyone!! ive been lurking around for awhile now, finally got an account. i recently acquired the pedestal from a Global VR PGA Tour Golf game. I could of gotten the back half as well but i just dont have the room in my apartment for something THAT big. It seems as there was a few variations of this game, and i haven't found the exact one that i have.

anyway, my plans right now, are 2 player cp, 8 buttons and a mag stik plus for each, while keeping the original trackball and maybe adding a spinner or 2. I have been contemplating if i should do 49ways but other than like blitz, im not sure what i would use them for (and they aren't cheap!) so i do have a couple questions that, i haven't been able to answer with the internet.

is there like a master list of control panel setups for the original games? i plan to use LED buttons and using either an LEDwiz or one of the controllers from ultimarc.com to light up the according buttons for each game.

is there lists for what games originally used what controls? such as 4-way, 8-way, 49 way, etc?

and i haven't dug that deep in the reviews section of the site, but who all uses one of the varietys of IPAC from ultimarc.com?  im just trying to finalize my plans here and get going on this MAME!

last question for now...... whats the best way to get a template for this control panel to creat graphics on? i havent been able to find any in this size/shape.

THANKS!

liquid134

• Offline Offline
Re: Project: PGA Tour Golf pedestal MAME conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:33:34 pm »
so today, i went and took out the trackball. Ran to my local menards, and grabbed 1-1/8th inch dowel rod and some wood epoxy.  here are a couple pics.

stripped of parts and off of the pedestal

I tested fitted a cut piece of the dowel rod. nice snug fit (hit it in with a rubber mallet)

Here it is right after i epoxied them in.

i did start sanding it tonight, and its almost perfect. I probably will post pics as i figure out and cut out the new layout.

liquid134

• Offline Offline
Re: Project: PGA Tour Golf pedestal MAME conversion
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »
Got my new arcade buttons today!!!!!! ordered from Paradise Arcade Shop. I ordered a couple extra because im not 100% on my configuration yet, plus incase i ever break one, itd be good to have a couple on hand. Im going to wait to start drilling until i get my joysticks this week.  getting very excited to get this thing done!! one step at a time tho