Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Water Cooler - Artwork Thoughts?  (Read 1591 times)

Hornpipe2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2014, 02:09:52 pm
The Water Cooler - Artwork Thoughts?
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:51:34 pm »
Building a bartop for the office.  Need opinions on the artwork.  Going for a gaudy blue-and-yellow aquatic theme.

Attached is the bezel (in progress).  Text needs better positioning and a bit more cleanup.  What about the bubbles?  Anything else you'd change?

The same background, without the text and with button labels, will be used for cp overlay.

Nephasth

Re: The Water Cooler - Artwork Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 10:28:37 pm »
Going for a gaudy blue-and-yellow aquatic theme.

AzureKnight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2022, 12:22:17 am
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 10:06:13 am »

I like the pipe font  :)

I think it looks good so far, what color do you plan on making the cabinet?  Will you be using the bubbles on the cp for button decoration?

It also makes me want to see something like this running up the side of the bezel or in place of side art...

Hornpipe2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2014, 02:09:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »
I had a difficult time making bubbles that didn't look bad, and ended up taking them out entirely for a cleaner look.

Office Depot did the prints.  Marquee is just a transparency, and the CP overlay is on card stock with #12 Glossy finish.