Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What car do you have to drive and race around in real life  (Read 9639 times)

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Hi all, considering that this is the driving and racing forum and its kind of related.

What vehicle or vehicles do we actually own? I suspect some of us will have something cool stashed away in the shed rather than just relying on driving games to keep our urges at bay  :laugh:

I might as well start first.
I have a 2002 CLK AMG coupe as a daily driver and a Honda NSX-R for the occasional Sunday drive, wife has a Honda Euro R to taxi the kids around.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
Re: What car do you have to drive and race around in real life
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 01:31:01 am »
gonna need photos of the nsx. (dream car)

I have a g35 but, i thought my honda civic was funner. Traction control can be a buzzkill sometimes.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:36:10 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:11:18 am »
In real life I've got a 12 year old Ford Mondeo. It's only got about 35 000 miles on the clock though so it's still pretty sprightly for an old gal.

Are we talking dream cars here as well? If so it'd have to be a Ford GT for me or going waaaaay back to my childhood dream cars it'd be a Lamborghini Countach or a Ferrari Testarossa

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:57:01 am
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:55:42 am »
When I was young, I spent all my time and money on my car, mostly on the appearance and sound system.
Here's some crappy pics of what I drove as a young adult: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/148392/1983-pontiac-trans-am/photo-gallery/

These days, I pride myself on being insanely practical.
I drive a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado 4 Cylinder work-truck model.
It doesn't even have power windows or door locks (less stuff to go wrong), but it was cheap.
(I bought it when GM was going bankrupt, right before the government bailed them out)
It does however, have a modest sound system:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/25643351@N07/sets/72157634736035245/

Although it's a 4 cylinder, it doesn't get very good gas mileage.
I'm thinking about getting something else with double the fuel economy.
That probably won't be very sporty either.  :lol

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I have a motorcycle for when I want to "race around".
It's a 2000 Triumph Thunderbird, but it's heavily modified and looks very different than how it came from the factory.
Performs very differently too!  ;)  I don't have any pics.  It's one of those deals where I had the pics hosted at photobucket, then neglected the account for years and they got deleted.  I will try to take some new pics today.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:12:23 am by BadMouth »

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:36:43 am
    • Paul's Arcade
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 12:09:36 pm »
When I was willing to risk speeding tickets, I had a '72 Chevelle and an '82 280zx. Now I just drive a Scion Xa.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:27:11 am by Paul Olson »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:11:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »
I don't know about racing.  I've always been a firm believer of the speed limit. 

When I was in high school I drove a 90 Camaro RS, 6 cylinder.  After a Log truck took it out I looked for a suitable replacement and got a 92 Camaro RS 8 cylinder.  I've still got the thing... eventually it'll be ready for paint this summer (or at least I hope, I worked all damn summer on it last year, still not done).

But in terms of what I actually drive.... well these days you'll usually find me in a 99 Ford Taurus.... which is more awesome than you might think. 

When I got the Camaro the coal industry was dead around here...so the roads were smooth and pot hole free.  Now they are in full swing, so every time I take it out I'm afraid I'm going to hit a hole and ruin the rims.   

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:10:26 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 06:04:39 pm »
I had a slow F150 that leaked everything and then I moved to Houston.

Now it's do at least 10 over or die, so I got a scion xb.

My dad has the fast gene, and it skipped me.  Have driven several of his idiotically hopped up cars.  One almost killed me.  Twice.  I'll stick to Daytona USA.

Hadeys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:36:03 pm
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 07:40:42 pm »
My daily driver is a Nissan 370z.  Fun car for sure!

njgsx96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2017, 09:56:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 12:20:48 am »
My daily driver is a 2008 Nissan Titan.  For a truck, it is damn fun to drive and is pretty quick too.  I have a Nismo exhaust and intake so it sounds louder and meaner.  Doesn't do much for power, but sounds cool to me. 

My fun car is a 1994 Lotus Esprit S4.  It was my dream car growing up and when I found out they were affordable, I jumped in. 

My race car, if you want to call it that, is a 1997 Subaru Wagon. Me and a group of friends have it all done up and race in the local 24 Hours of Lemons with it.

AMG KC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2022, 05:33:52 am
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 07:12:36 am »
99 AMG C43

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 11:36:10 am »
I daily drive a 1999 Subaru Legacy Wagon... pretty boring...

but I also have a 1997 Nissan 240SX SE with a V8 out of a 1999 Corvette that I built myself (it's drivable but still needs a few things before I start driving it on the regular)

sorry, I don't have any good exterior shots of how it looks now.... but this is my second V8 S14 build... my last V8 S14 was a 95 that I did a JDM kouki front end swap on... the new car looks pretty much the same except it's blue:

Sadly I wrecked the black car a couple of years ago.... I hydroplaned of the highway into an exit sign after I got caught in a really bad rainstorm... I was driving grandma speeds too ... just sitting in my car while spinning out thinking "well ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, there goes 2 years worth of work".

I also have a 1989 Toyota Pickup with about 7inches of lift on 35" mud tires:

oh and if anyone lives in New England I just finished fixing up a 1998 4Runner Limited that I have up for sale :P

I love all kinds of cars but I particularly enjoy the build process... especially putting stuff together that normally you'd never see or don't expect (like an American V8 in a small Japanese car) and making it look completely OEM in the process.

Once I'm done with my S14 build I'm going to turn my attention to the Subaru Wagon... I'm really excited to pull that car apart and build something spectacular out of it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:48:25 am by twistedsymphony »

VirtuaIceMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2024, 01:32:21 pm
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 06:49:14 am »
I used to have a silver 1993 Toyota Supra twin turbo (auto), but it was starting to rust away so I downgraded to a Toyota Celica GT VVTLi (the UK specific GT version with Supra style wing and bodykit) in near black midnight blue. Though that's 8 years old now, so might get something new at some point (maybe Ford Focus RS, not sure).

The actual version of my car is in Sega Rally (Revo), as it was made by a UK team, and the car's a UK special edition!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:45:06 am by VirtuaIceMan »
Check out my racing game videos, including every PC F1 and Rally game ever, over here: https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtuaIceMan/

jackiabu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2020, 02:55:25 pm
    • http://jackiabu.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 12:25:30 pm »
in the 90' this was my frist car

Alfa-Romeo Sprint 1.7  88'  this car was bad ass >:D

I have to go to my parents find the  Original images :P

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 04:20:18 am »
Just recently I picked up a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS that I'm having a ball with...  I picked it up recently from a Pick N Pull as a salvage and just got it back on the road.  Right now it's just bone stock, just trying to get everything tip top, and with my upcoming bonus check going to make some mild improvements (CAI, exhaust, strut tie bars, prothane motor mounts, etc.).  Next to it is my 2001 Dodge RAM 1500...  But that's more utility than fun...  ;)

SlammedNiss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:03:38 pm
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 05:06:36 am »
When I was young, I spent all my time and money on my car, mostly on the appearance and sound system.
Here's some crappy pics of what I drove as a young adult: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/148392/1983-pontiac-trans-am/photo-gallery/

Always loved the PPI Art series. I was always a Rockford guy myself as that's what our local shop sold. Had a pair of Power 650's powering a wall of JL Audio 12w6's and a Power 300 running MB Quart mids/highs for my setup. This was in a red 95 Nissan Hardbody Kingcab w/ a shell. This truck got t-boned unfortunately. I don't even have a clue where my old photos are though. Buried somewhere in the bottom of a box probably.

Bought another 95 Hardbody Kingcab, this time white. Shaved, bagged and bodydropped 2.25". Sold this truck because I lost interest.

These days I drive a 2003 Matrix Xrs. Same 180hp Yamaha engine that powers the Lotus Elise. Fun little car to drive, and economical too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:19:46 am by SlammedNiss »
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

SlammedNiss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:03:38 pm
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 05:14:28 am »
double post
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

mrhowell

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 12:45:21 pm
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 06:38:20 pm »
2013 Ram crew cab express.  Love the Hemi
What is that pappy?

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:59:59 pm
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 12:52:22 am »
I drive a 2006 Honda Civic back and forth to the office everyday.   Its actually pretty fun to drive for being such a "basic" car.

When I lived in Japan (Okinawa specifically) years ago, I had a 1988 Nissan Skyline.  That car was FUN, even though it was older.  (it cost me a pack of cigarettes...  no joke).  I was tempted to bring it back home to the USA with me, but getting it through DMV would have been a nitemare - if not impossible.  I used to sit on the edge of base I was stationed on and watch the locals drift late at night.  Technically, its against the law to even watch people break the law in Japan (contributing), but since I was on US soil, they left us alone.  :)

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 08:20:16 am »
I drive a 2006 Honda Civic back and forth to the office everyday.   Its actually pretty fun to drive for being such a "basic" car.

When I lived in Japan (Okinawa specifically) years ago, I had a 1988 Nissan Skyline.  That car was FUN, even though it was older.  (it cost me a pack of cigarettes...  no joke).  I was tempted to bring it back home to the USA with me, but getting it through DMV would have been a nitemare - if not impossible.  I used to sit on the edge of base I was stationed on and watch the locals drift late at night.  Technically, its against the law to even watch people break the law in Japan (contributing), but since I was on US soil, they left us alone.  :)

That's pretty awesome.

As for your skyline, unless the model was originally sold in the us and crash-tested and emissions tested it needs to be at least 25 years old in order to be elegible for import...

So your 1988 skyline, since it was never sold in the US, only became legal for import last year.

With that said I have indeed seen members of the military manage to get illegal cars into the US through whatever channels that military uses (since I guess you can somehow bypass the normal port authority?) most states don't care if the car is imported as long as it passes the local inspection laws. The only real restrictions are at the federal level.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2024, 06:07:53 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:59 am »
started with a 1994 Dodge Shadow as my first car, then I had a 98 Eclipse RS, then a 93 Eclipse, then a 97 Eclipse GSX, now I have a Scion tC. I was a total gear head (read: NOT RICER) with my eclipses. Bored and stroked the GSX motor to a 2.4 with a giant ass turbo, it got nearly 500 HP at the wheels, but after the SECOND blown head gasket I decided to get a fairly fuel efficient car that happens to have the same initials as me.

Warborg, HAHN still makes turbo kits for that car, night and day difference (had a STAR kit on my 98 RS) much better investment than a CAI.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 01:36:12 pm »

I've owned four of those little Toyota trucks with the 22R engine. (an 83, 84, 88, & 93).
They keep going forever and if something does break, it's usually cheap to fix.

It's a shame we never go the diesel version in the U.S.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 01:40:38 pm »
Very true. this is my 3rd Toyota pickup, though the first one with a 22RE... believe it or no that truck has over 275K miles on it  ;D

Though I'm heavily considering swapping out the 22RE for either a 3RZ-FE or a 5VZ-FE... despite running like a champ the thing rattles and barely has enough power to get out of it's own way.

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 10:36:05 am »
started with a 1994 Dodge Shadow as my first car, then I had a 98 Eclipse RS, then a 93 Eclipse, then a 97 Eclipse GSX, now I have a Scion tC. I was a total gear head (read: NOT RICER) with my eclipses. Bored and stroked the GSX motor to a 2.4 with a giant ass turbo, it got nearly 500 HP at the wheels, but after the SECOND blown head gasket I decided to get a fairly fuel efficient car that happens to have the same initials as me.

Warborg, HAHN still makes turbo kits for that car, night and day difference (had a STAR kit on my 98 RS) much better investment than a CAI.

Oh, I realize that a turbo would make MUCH more power than just a CAI...  But I'm just putting a generic CAI intake on there to tinker, I don't expect a huge gain...  I bought this car because for the past several years I had to have more practical cars because of having kids, but now that they are all grown and drive themselves around, I got something just to have some fun with and never had any intention of setting it up as a balls-to-the-wall speedster...  Just open up the intake and exhaust a little, and do a couple of tweaks to the suspension and I'll be happy.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:59:59 pm
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 12:37:55 am »

That's pretty awesome.

As for your skyline, unless the model was originally sold in the us and crash-tested and emissions tested it needs to be at least 25 years old in order to be elegible for import...

So your 1988 skyline, since it was never sold in the US, only became legal for import last year.

With that said I have indeed seen members of the military manage to get illegal cars into the US through whatever channels that military uses (since I guess you can somehow bypass the normal port authority?) most states don't care if the car is imported as long as it passes the local inspection laws. The only real restrictions are at the federal level.

Ya, that was back in 2002/2003. 

I never had the military ship any of my cars around, so I'm not sure of the exact details.  At the time, for $2000 you could pack a shipping container with whatever you wanted and get it shipped to a US port.  Getting it through customs was your problem though.  The little I looked into it I'd have to bring the glass up to US code, install safety bars / supports in the doors, AND swap it to a left side driver (since no US versions were ever made, that would be one hell of a hack job). 

The thing about Japan is that every two years they've got a "JTI" - "Japanese Technical Inspection".  Its similar to the US version of a "smog" check, but they go over the whole damn car.  If anything is leaking, you have to fix it before you get it back on the road.  So you'll find almost brand new cars in the junk yards over there - its cheaper to buy a new car than it is to fix a lot of the stuff.  At least that's how it was in Okinawa. 

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 11:54:26 am »
I don't think left hand drive is a requirement in the US since it's perfectly legal to buy and own right hand drive vehicle for use as delivery vehicles (like the right hand drive Subarus and Jeeps that the postal service workers use)

You definitely have to have safety and emissions equipment up to spec though  :-\

here in NH we have to have annual safety inspections in addition to emissions testing. They fail you for any leaks fluid or fume leaks, rot, lose suspension bits, people just keep patching ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- up though... it's a shame I'd love to have practically new cars in the scrap yards to pic parts off of  :lol

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:11:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »
LOL emissions testing.  Try living in the coal fields.  We don't do emission tests here.... unless you count making sure you have an exhaust system in place. 

Every state has annual inspection requirements though, it's just how much of an inspection you actually get varies dramatically from state to state. 

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 01:09:35 pm »
I got one of those low mileage motors from Japan for my '83 Toyota after gunning it a bit too soon finishing up a stream crossing.
The water came up over the engine and down through the carburetor.  :'(
Although it was flooded and looked more like a river at the time, the stream is usually so low any little beater car can cross it.
It was over 20 years ago and I'm still embarrassed when I pass that tiny little stream.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:45:59 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:21 pm »
LOL emissions testing.  Try living in the coal fields.  We don't do emission tests here.... unless you count making sure you have an exhaust system in place. 

Every state has annual inspection requirements though, it's just how much of an inspection you actually get varies dramatically from state to state.

Yeah, I had that Trans Am when I lived in WV.  The catalytic converter was hollow.  It was cheaper to bust all the clogged innards out than buy a new one.  There was also pretty good performance boosts to be had by removing all the smog control stuff.  Stock, that car was choked down to like 150hp.

My primary car was smashed into just before I moved to northern VA.
So, I had to get my old 1988 Toyota (which was previously mainly used to haul trash to the landfill) to pass emissions tests.
It was a lot of work (done myself), but in the end the truck was running like new and I was glad that I did it.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:18:22 pm by BadMouth »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 01:42:29 pm »

Believe it or not there are only 17 states in the US that have some form of annual inspection, and some of those are only in select counties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

njgsx96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2017, 09:56:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »

Believe it or not there are only 17 states in the US that have some form of annual inspection, and some of those are only in select counties.

I am so lucky to live in one of those states too!  LOL  ON the bright side, the Esprit passed inspection last week.  Not that I expected it to fail but with my luck, you never know!

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:58:08 pm
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 06:09:34 am »
Chevy Avalanche.  I have always been a pickup truck guy but the Avalanche won me over.  Bummer they are no longer in production.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2024, 08:02:46 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 02:03:43 pm »
Well...  I just got this thing running and back on the road.  1980 Plymouth Arrow pickup:

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 06:04:13 pm »

I am so lucky to live in one of those states too!  LOL  ON the bright side, the Esprit passed inspection last week.  Not that I expected it to fail but with my luck, you never know!

I was just about to reply to Howard when I saw this...  :)  California only has the bi-annual smog inspection, but that's it...  Well, for some cars they consider "gross polluters" they might have you smog it yearly...

I had to also run my Eclipse through brake/lamp inspections, but that's only because I was reviving it from a salvage title...

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:36:10 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 08:26:16 pm »

I've owned four of those little Toyota trucks with the 22R engine. (an 83, 84, 88, & 93).
They keep going forever and if something does break, it's usually cheap to fix.

It's a shame we never go the diesel version in the U.S.

Bristol! Awesomness, that's my home town at the start of that thar Top Gear video.

codeena

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2023, 06:23:54 pm
  • This site is cool
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 11:51:52 am »
2013 Silver Subaru BRZ Limited. I'm at the dealership getting it serviced now.

dkersten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 11:47:30 am
  • If you are gonna do it, do it right..
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 06:00:30 pm »
This was my toy up until about 4 years ago.  After divorce it was just too expensive to have on hand, plus I realized after a few street races that I was going to wind up in jail if I kept it up.

And it had the power to back up the flash.. 550 ponies at the crank, 440 to the wheels w/ 400 ft lbs of torque.

Then after about a year of being without something really fun to drive, I picked up this:

It didn't have near the power of the mustang, but it was about 1500 lbs lighter and still had 285 hp at 7500 rpm.. perfect 50/50 weight balance, the same suspension and brakes as the 911, and nice and low to the ground and I was taking residential turns at 45 mph without blinking.  Driving it home for the first time I thought I was doing about 55 but realized my chase car (had my son driving my regular car home) was no longer in the rear view, so I looked down and realized I was doing 120 mph, not 55.. Ooops..  Never would have known if it weren't for the speedo.

6 months later my son blew up his car 2 states away and I ended up selling the Porsche so I could get his car towed home and put a new engine in it.  Plus everything on that Porsche was $700, lol.. broken light, $700, broken convertible top motor, $700.. Every spring I get the itch to get another toy, but so far I have practiced better judgment.  Besides, if I was dumping all my money into a car, I wouldn't be able to build arcades..

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:10:26 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 08:23:53 pm »

How do you like that?  I test drove an FRS and it was fun but felt a little rough.  The same month I bought my xB, a little person that parks in my garage bought an FRS.  I mean no disrespect, but I'm enormous and he's barely three feet tall.  I've looked in his windows and I'm still perplexed at how he does it.  I'm still working up the nerve to approach him and get a tour.

Re the Porsche.  Dad had a minty 1978 928.  Practically brand new in 2012.  All original.  Made us so nervous to even touch it he eventually sold it.  Seriously, the widow showed him how open the doors and hood without touching the paint minty.  I'd rather a mid-80s Nissan rip off, to be honest.

codeena

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2023, 06:23:54 pm
  • This site is cool
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 08:46:37 pm »

How do you like that?  I test drove an FRS and it was fun but felt a little rough.  The same month I bought my xB, a little person that parks in my garage bought an FRS.  I mean no disrespect, but I'm enormous and he's barely three feet tall.  I've looked in his windows and I'm still perplexed at how he does it.  I'm still working up the nerve to approach him and get a tour. 

It's a fun car to drive. I agree that it felt rough especially compared to my 99 Maxima SE but I got used to it. I'm a small guy (a little taller than three feet) so it's a good fit. I think that if you're tall, you may feel uncomfortable after long trips lasting five minutes or more. It handles really well but is under powered. I think you made a nice choice with the xB.

hiljak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 01:27:25 pm
  • be good or be good at it!!
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 11:45:41 pm »
I dominate the pavement in a 2009 Pruis..  The ladies drop their panties as soon as they see this amalgam of masculinity!!  :laugh2:

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2024, 05:23:33 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 02:18:58 am »
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

I drive around chewing up Mustangs, nothing major.....

No really its been a fun car but Its time to get a truck or something to tow my toys with.