Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: megatouch upgrade??  (Read 4602 times)

didgey101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2015, 04:56:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
megatouch upgrade??
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:23:48 am »
Hi everyone,  I have just bought myself another megatouch for my shed as my other one died. The one I have now is a megatouch xl titanium bartop machine. Its got a lot less games on it than my last machine so want to know if and how it can be upgraded please. Also how on earth do you remove the hard drive on these? I have removed the little metal slot so I can see the hdd but cant figure out how to remove it.  Lastly I have a megatouch 2006 machine with a blown monitor I dont suppose I can use anything out of that to upgrade my xl titanium can I at all. Many thanks in advance. ...Tim

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:06:06 pm
Re: megatouch upgrade??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:09:47 am »
I would suggest fixing the monitor of the force. Is it the radion (old tube crt) or the evo (flat lcd)

Anyway, you can mount everything from the force except the monitor (obviously) into the XL titanium cabinet. You will need to make a few brackets and buy some standoff screw mounts, or use the ones in the XL and force cabinets. I have donea few conversions like this. I even made a custom lcd faceplate to mount a 15 inch lcd in a XL cabinet and had 2009 ion software/parts running in it.

One note, if you use the XL monitor (13 inch) you will be forced to run only games in low res mode. (640x480) Im pretty sure low res mode is default with 2006 software. I believe 2008 or 2009 low res was no longer default. or the option was removed, its alittle fuzzy, been awhile since i did the conversions and played around with the low res settings.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:13:56 am by mahkeymike »

didgey101

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:24:57 am »
Hi thanks for the reply. I would much rather fix the force if I can. It has the older crt monitor. Sad thing is I only picked it up on friday and it was working perfectly when I collected it. I layed it down in my estate car to bring it home and now the monitor doesn't come on at all. The motherboard springs to life and the hdd is spinning but no screen. Its obviously something thats happened by me moving it but dont know where to start fault finding...thanks

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:06:06 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:15:01 am »
Hi thanks for the reply. I would much rather fix the force if I can. It has the older crt monitor. Sad thing is I only picked it up on friday and it was working perfectly when I collected it. I layed it down in my estate car to bring it home and now the monitor doesn't come on at all. The motherboard springs to life and the hdd is spinning but no screen. Its obviously something thats happened by me moving it but dont know where to start fault finding...thanks

Its possible that the power plug that goes from the monitor to the power switch has came loose or disconnected from you moving it. I would check to see if you hear power being sent to the monitor. The usually make a hissing sound. It would be first thing i check.

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:25:18 am »
When you first turn the FORCE monitor on what does the LED on the monitor adjustment board do?

Flicker quickly and stay out?

Come on orange in color only (no green)?

Stays out completely (no flicker)?

The first 2 conditions point to a monitor board problem but the third condition
could be that the power cord to the monitor board itself is loose inside the cabinet or the monitor has shut itself off.

The monitor has an ON/OFF switch located on the front of the board.  To get to it,  you have to completely remove both front and rear cabinet halves.  It is a small tactile button on the right side of the front edge of the board.

I have seen this happen to some of these OEM  RADION monitors lately.... must be something to do with old age I guess.

didgey101

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:54:41 am »
Hi again. Yes the power lead to the monitor had come out so put that back and it kept coming up with bootdisk error. After lots of voltage checking the hdd, some of the fans and the touch screen module were getting no power. Turns out they had put a new psu in it before I picked it up and some of the output plugs were giving no voltage. So after some cutting and joining of wires to send the right voltage to the right places it all works lovely. I now have two working megatouch machines. Thanks guys...