Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SCREEN SPRITE PROBLEM (SOLVED)  (Read 2185 times)

Caparo8bit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 02:13:32 am
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
SCREEN SPRITE PROBLEM (SOLVED)
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:57:20 am »
So im setting a new PC only with NES and SNES  the problem is when i change screen size(display snaps and videos) on nes-screen it will only change on Snes . Im using only pics no videos . Help
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:51:17 pm by Caparo8bit »

Caparo8bit

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
Re: SCREEN SPRITE PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:37:11 am »
big diference on screen size and snap display ( screen and snaps r the same size on file)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:22 am »
I'm not sure I understand your problem.  Is it that you can't get the image to resize like you want?

If so I've found that doing image size adjustments inside the layout editor does not reflect in the FE.  You have to make the changes in the cfg file for the skin under the appropriate line.  If that's the case I can go through my settings at the house and point you at the right lines to edit to get the size adjusted.

The other items on screen can be adjusted also - you can really set them to accurately resize based on resolution changes - pieces of it work and pieces don't.  It's best to design it at the resolution you'll use and then go into the skin.cfg and adjust it manually to get the right size.  Once you do that you can pop back into the layout editor and adjust everything positionally.  PITA but that's Maximus for you.  What it does it does really well and anything else is like pulling eye teeth. 

Caparo8bit

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:26:54 pm »
thanks for the inf Le  screen sprite is working fine..Now the problem is when im scrolling down on game list when gets to game 11 it takes to clicks down to go to 12th game this makes the snaps run ahead like if im selecting mario bros witch is game 12 on list it will show snap from 13th game.

Caparo8bit

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »
CHECK VIDEO .This is my problem on game 11 "darkwing duck" it takes two clicks down or up to change to next game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVi9F0IFuvY&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:42:23 pm by Caparo8bit »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:57:51 pm »
well, that is interesting.  Never seen that one before.  Try this, go into settings and make a favorites page for NES and add all the roms, then change to that menu (you can set which menu to load automatically) and see if you get the same behavior. 

Caparo8bit

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:53 pm »
Nope no luck Le Chuck...........this fixed problem but dont look right cant c games on bottom :banghead:...This neva happend before.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:56:30 pm by Caparo8bit »

Caparo8bit

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 09:50:48 pm »
SOLVED:  cabinet sprite was behind game list for some reason was causing this problem.      (So i moved cabinet sprite away since im not using it)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 08:25:51 am »
CHECK VIDEO .This is my problem on game 11 "darkwing duck" it takes two clicks down or up to change to next game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVi9F0IFuvY&feature=youtu.be

I ran into this issue the other day, first time I've been able to replicate it.  My list was 12 lines deep and I was getting the same double selecting behavior.  Rather than rearrange all my sprites like the OP did I reduced the list to less than ten entries deep and the behavior went away. 

MA seems to have a number of bugs like that, it's a real shame there isn't much/any movement on improving it these days as it's still a good FE for certain applications. 

Just thought I'd share another way around the bug if anybody else runs into it.