Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ACTLABS Force RS - Uses Immersion Drivers???  (Read 2329 times)

jdevane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 09:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
ACTLABS Force RS - Uses Immersion Drivers???
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »
Somewhere, I have a Force RS, with the Shifter, and I recently got a Need For Speed Global VR because I learned I could mame it when I get tired of it...  I have a Hard Drivin I want to mame now because the video ram is bad and the monitor needs work...  so I was wondering since the Force RS uses the immersion drivers, and the wheels has those cartridges in it, maybe somehow it would talk to a happ wheel setup like the Global VR machines do?  Of course, I think the reason I quit using that wheels years ago was because the shifter crapped out, so I may just use it's guts as my wheel, but from the online pics I found, the insides are setup similar to a happ ffb setup for a regular arcade...  any thoughts?

Btw, first post but have been trolling for a while now...   I wish we could get those immersion cards easier, I hooked a regular machine to my need for speed and the card was working within seconds...

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
Re: ACTLABS Force RS - Uses Immersion Drivers???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:30:07 pm »
so I was wondering since the Force RS uses the immersion drivers, and the wheels has those cartridges in it, maybe somehow it would talk to a happ wheel setup like the Global VR machines do?

The immersion boards don't talk to the Happ setup, they direct high current 24v power to the motor via two wires.
I don't think the Force RS would be useful for anything except maybe a hacked interface like we use hacked Logitech wheels.
You'd still need something like a servo amp to crank up the juice.  Results of using servo amps with Logitech wheels have had mixed results with most people being dissatisfied with the results.  I don't know if the Force RS would fair any better or not.