Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Does anyone have XBCD (Xbox Controller Driver) 0.2.7?  (Read 12777 times)

Monkee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 09:37:30 am
Does anyone have XBCD (Xbox Controller Driver) 0.2.7?
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:10:47 pm »
Hi guys, XBCD is a software that permits to use Xbox and Xbox360 pads with DirectInput rather than Xinput (in opposition with the official drivers for the Xbox) so at the end some new games will be unplayable. But then you can combine it with X360ce to make it compatible with everything!

Only trouble, the latest version 0.2.7 (supporting x64) is nowhere. Can someone upload it?

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:26:40 am by Monkee »

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Re: XBCD and Win7 64Bit
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »
XBox Controller Driver?  TIL

Monkee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 08:28:12 pm »
Sorry yes it's exactly that. It works also with the X360 controller and doesn't add any lag (not like this :censored: official drivers).

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 01:57:39 am »
Sorry yes it's exactly that. It works also with the X360 controller and doesn't add any lag (not like this :censored: official drivers).

Without wanting to sound argumentative, can you point to these drivers for reference?  As I have not had any issues with the genuine XBOX 360 controller driver for 64 bit.

I'm all for improvement, as your post has me a little intrigued.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:31 am
Re: XBCD (Xbox Controller Driver) and Win7 64Bit
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 02:56:39 am »
I have no clue about the win7 64 bit compatibility, but XBCD v1.07 are Xbox, not Xbox 360, drivers. They are turned into Xbox360 drivers via a patch (the 0.2.6 you wrote, even if the latest i was aware of is the 0.2.5)

Hi guys, latest thread I've found talking about XBCD on Win7 64bit talked about the v0.2.6 and we seems to be at the v1.07 now, can anyone tell me what's up with those drivers and the Win7 64bit compatibility?

Thanks a lot.

Monkee

• Offline Offline
Re: XBCD (Xbox Controller Driver) and Win7 64Bit
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:12:19 am »
You're right baritonomarchetto, XBCD was for the Xbox pad only until the v1.07 then someone created a patch and finally they made some versions (0.2.x) that combined both and usable on every Windows system as you can see here.

Only problem: I have no idea where you can still get the 0.2.7 mentioned on this forum. And it's a pitty because this version is directly compatible with x64 and there is a config for x360ce included!

Be careful: those drivers makes the X360 controller compatible DirectInput rather than Xinput (in opposition with the official drivers) so at the end some new games will be unplayable. But then you can combine it with X360ce to make it compatible with everything.

Note to ark_ader: It seems that the lag problem is not true, but the lack of DirectInput is clearly true though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:27:44 am by Monkee »

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Re: Does anyone have XBCD (Xbox Controller Driver) 0.2.7?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 11:26:04 am »
I googled XBCD, a youtube video 29, SEP 2013 came up.  It has a link to a download for XBCD 0.2.07.  The download works.  I can't check it now.

Here is the link: http://kitor.pl/software/dl.php?id=xbcd
[Edit by forum mod:  Click on the "Skip Ad" on this link to get the download to start.  Clicking on the Ad will download spyware]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:45:31 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »

Monkee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:29 am »
Awesome! Thanks a lot Generic Eric, I canno't check it now neither but the download works indeed!  :notworthy:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 04:17:54 am »
I did extensive research on this for mamehooker and since I seem to be battling a bout of insomnia yet again tonight I'll try to fill you guys in. 

Xinput controllers are also direct input controllers.  So you'll be able to use a Xinput controller on most older games no problem.  The thing is Xinput controllers do NOT support force-feedback, they support xinput rumble, which is a far simplier protocol. 

So a lot of people seem to think the issue is Xinput and it's drivers... it isn't.  The problem is the direct input descriptor's lack of force-feedback support. 

I wish we could track down Headkaze, he's good at this stuff.  What we need is a fake joystick that shows up with force-feedback support.... that fake joystick could in turn send a rumble command to a xinput joystick when ff commands are sent to it. 

Now on to XBCD....

Eh it works, but it's not super great.  It doesn't have a driver signature so it's difficult to get it to install properly on vista or beyond.  Once you get it installed you'll find that it's third party controller support is rather lacking and that obviously it has broken support for all the games that DO support xinput. 

Now while installing 360ce on top of this might be a solution, remember you are now emulating a DI device by translating a XI device and then emulating a XI device and translating the already emulated DI device.  Talk about lag. 

For the record xinput is inherently quicker in terms of packet transmission and response time.  So any lag you've experienced in a particular game is probably due to bad coding more than anything else.  XI works a bit differently.  While with DI you can setup a message callback to tell you when a input has changed, with XI you need to manually poll the joystick in your main game loop.  So if your main game loop is setup poorly....well there you go.

Oh also some other stuff.  It IS possible to read the status of the guide button but it's rather hackish.  The xinput1_3.dll has a few unlabeled api calls.  If you first load the xinput1_3.dll via a "load library" call to get the address of the dll and then get the address of the unnamed function via calling get process address and sending the ordinal 100 as the message you'll finally stumble upon the address of the unnamed function.

Call this address like you would XinputGetState and you'll get the same data back, except now the status of the guide button is sent back in the report with a bitmask of 0x400.

I haven't have much luck with this (probably because vb has an issue with this sort of trickery... need to switch to c) but there are ahk scripts and some helper apps out there floating around. 

I hope some of that is useful.  Guess I'll try to sleep again.... (UGH!).

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:31 am
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:11:43 am »
What we need is a fake joystick that shows up with force-feedback support.... that fake joystick could in turn send a rumble command to a xinput joystick when ff commands are sent to it. 

This would be a great program: there's not a real way to have both (DI and XI) on the same controller whatever is the game played (with emulation you dont have all the games supported ... MAME, i.e., is not supported by Xbox360ce)