Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: iL Translucent Pushbuttons  (Read 2569 times)

Brutick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2014, 09:41:37 am
  • Working on my project!
iL Translucent Pushbuttons
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:00:57 am »
With Ponyboy MIA, where do you guys prefer to get your iL Translucent Pushbuttons from?

I'm planning on picking up a bunch of clear translucent pushbuttons and putting solid colour plungers in them :)

For those of you who have iL Translucent Pushbuttons, how do they compare to the Happ Pushbuttons? Are the plungers interchangeable?

Thanks,
Brutick

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:26:08 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: iL Translucent Pushbuttons
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:34:43 pm »
Check out Paradise Arcade.

AFAIK the molds for the HAPP and IL buttons are identical and the translucents are made in the same molds as regular buttons.

Scott

Mr_Numbers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2017, 10:49:05 am
  • Long time lurker, first time builder
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »
I just ordered a bunch of these from paradisearcadeshop.  I would buy now as they were out of stock for quite awhile and just recently received this new batch in.

Brutick

• Offline Offline
  • Working on my project!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies!

If I were to light these up with RGB lighting, which of the three lighting options would you guys recommend?

Option 1) iL-lumination 5VDC LED Rectangular PCB

Option 2) iL-lumination 5VDC LED Button-Shaped PCB

Option 3) Pele 30mm LED Rings

Thanks,
Brutick

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
Option 1 - The rectangular ones are single color IIRC.

Option 2 - If you get these, use the drill mod that Nephasth did in post #15 and the wiring harness in post #69 of his build thread.

There's a LED roundup thread here.

Scott

Brutick

• Offline Offline
  • Working on my project!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:01:53 am »
Thanks for your input PL1!

I read through a portion of Nephasth's build thread, and he mentioned a really good point of the light bleeding from button to button. I will need to consider possibly painting the outside portion of the button black to avoid this. I will probably go with Option 2 as I mentioned earlier, but currently they are out of stock :(. I need to have a hard think about whether I really need RGB or if I could just settle for a solid colour scheme for my project (which I will post about eventually ;)).

I guess I will send armi0024 a PM to see if these LEDs are coming in any time soon.

Thanks,
Brutick

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:43 pm »
Glad to assist.

On the light bleed problem, IIRC someone ordered an extra nut for each button to block the light. (shown with 3/4" MDF)

A little paint on the parts that are still showing should block the rest and keep you from clogging the threads with paint or chipping the paint while tightening/losening the nut.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:39:59 pm by PL1 »

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2016, 05:19:07 pm
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:48 pm »
Hey @PL1, @Brutick:

I hope it's not a problem to step in.  I'm kinda new to BYOAC and just recently got enough posts to comment on vendor topics.

On the topic of translucent IL buttons, I'm able to get those in stock soon on my website, focusattack.com.  We're moving towards supporting home coin-op enthustasts in addition to fighting games, as we became a Happ reseller recently (ordering initial stock now), and and bringing IL products in some time later.  That said, we can get IL translucent buttons pretty quickly.  From that point, we'll work to keep them in stock to avoid the gaps in supply.

If there are other IL products that players need, let me know and I'll look into bringing those in. 

I'll have a vendor sticky here in a few days, but in the meantime, I hope you'll check out the site sometime. 

Jaleel Beck
Final Boss
www.focusattack.com
Toll Free: 855-95-FOCUS (855-953-6287)(M-F 10a.m.-5p.m. EST)
Fx: 610-978-3009
PO Box 284 Macungie PA 18062
service@focusattack.com
Get what you need to win.

armi0024

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2023, 09:57:36 pm
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 02:10:37 pm »
Just to clarify, there are a few different things that people are talking about.
There are the original Translucents,

As well as the Hoku Style

Also based on BYOAC projects we are the first and only company to bring out the combination black plunger write rimmed buttons (thank you for the inspiration Nep)

We asked IL to make a new button for the Howler Project, and they delivered! (they actually delivered them to us today)

Introducing the Convex Hoku button.
These competition (convex) style IL buttons will be a great addition to your arcade cabinet or fight stick! Combine these with the Howler or Kaimana and the IL-lumination LED boards for an amazing effect!

Howler Preorders are available through the website!

IL products aren't something that we are adding on, we have been dedicated to IL since we started.  These are a stock items in the store, and available to ship today. 
IL-Lumination LEDs work great with any of these buttons!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:15:43 pm by armi0024 »

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »
Here Brutick, this might help...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135459

I'm using them in this...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135116.0/all.html

I bought all my buttons/RGB LEDs from Paradise. It was the way to go after seeing what Neph built with The Beast. I'm not a fan of the white solid colored buttons and much prefer the clear IL with the black plunger look. I decided to pick up a few extra LED modules just in case, (which was worth it because I had a couple fail, but Susan at Paradise replaced them for me).

Also, as for light bleed I feel that an extra button nut is the way to go. Price wise there are pennies difference between them and heat shrink. Not as messy or troublesome as paint, and if for whatever reason you need to pull a button it's a reusable solution that is better then heat shrink. I even messed with Velcro tape. Spend a couple extra bucks and get extra ring nuts from Paradise.

Brutick

• Offline Offline
  • Working on my project!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »
Thanks for the information ChanceKJ, that post on how you modified the buttons will really help me out with where I should be drilling holes!  :applaud:

As an update for everyone, I have recently ordered 20 RGB Helio9 Lighting Modules from GroovyGameGear, and will be ordering 20 clear buttons (with extra nuts) in the near future!

Thanks for the help everyone :)