Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovy arcade running 300% speed?  (Read 2719 times)

jtslade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2024, 08:02:12 pm
  • Keep it looking originallish!
Groovy arcade running 300% speed?
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:33:33 am »
Got groovy arcade running on my cocktail cab, booting from USB..

Problem is all the games are running at 300% or more speed.

Tried groovy mame options of throttle on of synch refresh, but nothing is helping..

Any ideas?

It's a AMD based gigabyte mobo with on board ATI graphics..

Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

jtslade

• Offline Offline
Re: Groovy arcade running 300% speed?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:47:12 am »
Sorry double post from taptalk..

This is the stock install from the latest iso I have not ran any updates
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:52:46 am »
Hi jtslade,

Enter Video Grub submenu in gasetup and disable the splash screen. This will fix the speed issue probably.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:16:58 am »
Calamity Thank you that worked like a charm.!!!

One interesting thing I powered down the system while trying to troubleshoot why Galaga and Digdug don't work (very strange as almost all the other vertical 4 way two button or less games all seem to work and have cocktail modes).  I'll have to search for where the mame log or adv menu log is that will describe why these act like the will start and then crash back to the front end..

I copied roms from my other system that runs the latest Groovymame (romset) inside a Fedora VMware system to the USB and then when I booted It of course went into emergent mode / did the whole fsck and then booted the frontend.

None of them Galaga (various midway and namco versions / or Digdug atari or standard versions will run)

What is interesting is after the file copy then boot the games went back to the 300% speed thing, I just enabled the video grub splash boot then re-disabled and voila it was back to normal speed.

Where should I be looking at to figure why Galaga and Dig Dug wont start?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 12:02:42 pm »
You need to create a log, launch LXDE instead of the frontend, open an lxterminal and type this:

groovymame galaga -v >galaga.txt

That file will contain some information, attach it here.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »
Will do tonight.. Thank you.

One last question to pester you.

Is there a way to have a button combo that will shut the system down while in the front end?

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 03:35:11 pm »
I may have figured it out. Galaga and Digdug will require the Namco roms in order to work correctly.

I'll update with the namco set and then get a log output.

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »
The namco roms were missing..