Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Buck Hunter 2 Restoration  (Read 2070 times)

angus66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 10:39:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Buck Hunter 2 Restoration
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »
So I'm new here but am excited about this site. It's a wealth of information. Am restoring a 10 year-old Buck Hunter 2 Machine. It has a rather ugly cabinet; blue and grey formica and a console that looks like it was jerry-rigged to fit as there is three levels of t-molding on each side. I know restoring a 10 year-old BBH machine is like akin to restoring a '77 Vega but there was a BBH machine and a Golden Tee machine in the bar that I worked in university so this is what I want now in my Batcave. I might do a mame machine down the road - they look fun. But I've also been thinking about maybe a bartop Altered Beast or Double-Dragon machine as those were the two big games I remember when I frequented arcades.

Anyway - my father-in-law and I have started on this and I thought I'd post some pics.

Cheers.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:57:08 pm by angus66 »

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
Re: Buck Hunter 2 Restoration
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:59:58 pm »
Nothing wrong with restoring a Buck Hunter but I'm thinking that probably used to be a Neo Geo cab. A 2 slotter maybe?? Could be wrong. Heavy beast of a cab. What all you plan on doing to it? 
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

angus66

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 10:39:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 02:03:16 am »
Console art, and reworked marquee are done and ready to mount. Replacing the blue and grey Formica with black and that's about it. Oh, and Orange T-Molding.

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2020, 12:46:05 am
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:53:46 am »
I like the way it looks like a plexi planel in the front instead of a coindoor.