Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MY GAME Ver2.0  (Read 5680 times)

1evilanton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2013, 07:05:14 am
  • I Love this ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.
MY GAME Ver2.0
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:32:07 am »
I made my game before I stumbled across this forum, so please forgive the roughness, its only 2nd version.
So, I was one of those kids who would spend all day hanging around the arcade machines with no money, so as an adult, one day I said "i'ma gonna buy my own game!", and the saga began, with Big Red, which i purchased in mint cond. and SF HyperFighting PCB inside. After a while I began picking up games, mostly SF (pretty much all of them bar SF4, I got the old ones, all the CPS2 alphas etc., SF:the movie, SF3, SVC Chaos etc etc.) along with a dozen or so neogeo carts, Killer Instinct 1&2, and a smattering of others.The catalyst for change was my purchasing a 200-in-1 neogeo cartridge, it was sweet, very sweet. I began thinking outside the Big Red box, and eventually wound up with a '2600-in-1' unit as pictured------>

This was all good for awhile, didn't have to muck around changing games, and monitor sweet as still using jamma connx. Then, one day she refused to boot up, as it happens I was finally finishing up with my mega----smurfette--- crazy stabby ex, so my machine got paused and shipped along with my few undamaged possesions and myself to my mums, where it sat for about 6 months,. When i got another place of my own the itch sprang up again, i'd been jailbreaking whatever apple i could get hold of, anD HAD BEEN PLAYING WITH mame EMULATORS (sorry, caps slip), and remembering how i used to get snes9x or similar on any pc i was on for more than ten min, and i stumbled across the j-pac, which i straight away ordered, ripped out my old CRT, cut a slot into the side of BIG Red and slid a 27"HD LCD monitor in that ass, along with Bose speakers, drink holders, ash trays, and a subwoofer where the coin box used to live. I got what I hoped to be a sweet desktop to power everything.....>

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz 7.3 5.9
Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB 7.4
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560  7.7
Gaming graphics 3819 MB Total available graphics memory 7.7
Primary hard disk 296GB Free (920GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Ultimate
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

I'm not terribly knowledgable about these things, but it runs SF4 max graph settings sweet as, and thats good for me.

Then, I dunno, I got some ideas and decided to gut it and make my own setup.
I bought some MDF and came up with a kind of pedestal unit on wheels that lock for stable gaming, unlock to roll to the side for space saving. I wanted to play on projector, but it can plug into any screen pretty much. Chucked in a little amp, and four flush mount speakers, and a couple of recesses for mobile phone charging, along with drink holders and ashtrays. Under the top panel is a drawer for keyboard and ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---. I had some posters I paid way too much for laying around, so I used the 2meter tall chun li vinyl sticker. It had been sitting rolled up for ages, and was a beeyatch to put on, few wrinkles here and there, but I reckon I done alright. I was looking through a box of arcade bits I have, and found a joystick called 'perfect360, that didnt use switches, I think its uses a light sensor of sorts, needed a 5v power supply, but worked sweet and didnt click. I upgraded to gold leaf buttons, and got a Euro stick as well. I've never ever seen these in NZ, they're huge, but once used to it was alright, but I missed my old standard joystick, so I hacked up an ultrastick (hated the joystick that it came with) to fit my standard stick, the magnet fits the bottom perfectly, and works flawlessly, so P1 all usb through ultrastick, and P2 runs off i-pac. Next was the Aimtrack, which is sweet. But I wanted Daytona, so I found a G27. Since I hadn't anticipated this, the best short term solution was to remove the front panel of drawer, and attach G27 wheel and gears to that. It's not ideal, it sits in the middle 'cause I get tired of putting it on/off, and I'm 6'4", and my feet kinda hit the pedals ok, but could be better. Im'm thinking of removing top panel and making a new one with permenant recess for steering wheel, and fitting the pedals in somehow, what do you's think? Overall it's sweet. SF4, Mortal Kombat, Grid 2, all run great. Mame is all good, though i'm wrestling with CHD's, and I got Demul with full romset, and a Model2 emulator pack that work fine, lightgun and steering wheel sweet as once setup. Oh, and I still have all my old PCB's, CPS2, neogeo base and carts, KI & KI2, and broken 2600-in-1 sitting in my shed, I'll get around to selling them sometime, if someone wants the lot. Thanks.
Awesome ends with 'me',
Ugly starts with 'U'

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 10:19:10 pm
Re: MY GAME Ver2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 12:29:17 pm »
shame about that jamma pc rig. not sure how much electronics experience you have but generally, the capacitors on those units tend to blow pretty fast.