Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Edgedamage's Xbox adventures.  (Read 3000 times)

Edgedamage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 12:21:23 am
Edgedamage's Xbox adventures.
« on: November 21, 2003, 06:39:45 pm »
Well finally after owning/playing two of the three current consoles. I finally got a xbox I plugged it in entered the time and date. Put a game disk in it waited and waited. Thought maybe the disk was bad put another disk in the machine. Waited and waited the xbox was just sitting there all nice and quiet. Pressed eject and looked at the bottom of the disk and saw in the middle of the disk a nice 1/4" scratch. Looked at the first disk and it also had the scratch in the middle hmmm time to take this sick puppy back to the store. Was given another unit Wow all I can say is I am really happy with my new console. I like that you don't have to fork out extra money for a memory card. And yes I still love sony and nintendo. But I find that the xbox is the quiet one out of the three.
Curls in the squat rack !?!?!

Shieldwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
Re:Edgedamage's Xbox adventures.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 11:43:07 pm »
edge do me a favor what game were you trying to play?

Second when you open your xbox what kind of cd tray do you have?

Is it Circular,  U Shaped or Rectangular/square?

Let me know and I'll be able to help you more

Shieldwolf

Edgedamage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 12:21:23 am
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 09:20:22 am »
Thanks for trying to help but I bought the machine with a one year exchange. I now have my second one and it works great.
Curls in the squat rack !?!?!

Shieldwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 10:49:23 am »
Glad to hear.

While microsoft will deny it, They are aware that some of the dvdplayers on the xboxs will not work or quickly go bad. Hence the different shaped dvd tray. Usually you have to yell at them, but they will replace the dvd tray or the xbox.

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 04:00:22 pm »
Glad to hear.

While microsoft will deny it, They are aware that some of the dvdplayers on the xboxs will not work or quickly go bad. Hence the different shaped dvd tray. Usually you have to yell at them, but they will replace the dvd tray or the xbox.
Microsoft has used 3 different manufactures of dvd players in the xbox's. They have also revised the motherboard 6 times. For a short period of time they even tried not putting a fan in them.

If its under warranty, of course they will replace it if it fails.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

BombProofPlane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2009, 04:14:14 pm
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 02:19:48 pm »
um it hasn't had a second fan since version 1 they put a bigger heatsink on it since then.

it never had no fans.

the best dvd rom is the one with 3 holes in the tray
i still have the "worst drive" from rca but it works fine for me

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2003, 09:25:25 pm »
the best dvd rom is the one with 3 holes in the tray
i still have the "worst drive" from rca but it works fine for me
The 3 hole is a samsung. What drive is in it is usually is only relevant to people that are modding them. For playing origanel games and dvd movies most people will never notice  a difference in what drive they have.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.