Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: last issue (i hope) xml list  (Read 2170 times)

cush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 02:46:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
last issue (i hope) xml list
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:26:45 am »
Ok well been working through some newbie issues I suppose but finally getting somewhere. I have my jukebox set up the way I like and pinball working so my last issue is with mame in MA frontend.
When MA starts it obviously goes through all the loading ect and I see it reads the gamelist xml everytime, this seems to put in the full list of roms in the game list for mame and at the moment I only have around 30 games which I have as favourites in mame.
Even though I set the config (game lists - then mame)to import my favourites ini in mame it just seems to ignore that and lists the full xml list.
Can anyone tell me where im going wrong here, its driving me bonkers. :'(

Juddy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm
Re: last issue (i hope) xml list
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:34 pm »
Have you toggled the favorite list? check out the controller tab - setup 2

cush

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:46:24 pm »
Have you toggled the favorite list? check out the controller tab - setup 2

Hi thanks for reply, Yes I tried changing to the favourite list but it was empty.. I have not actually put any in there manually in MA.
Basically what Im trying to do is have a list of working roms that I have put into a favorites folder in mame, according to what ive read I should be able to use my favorites.ini from mame imported into MA but I just cant get it working.
If I manually build a faves list in MA is there then a way to show just that list when MA boots and basically hide the games list ?. Hope that makes sense  :lol

Juddy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:25:24 pm »
Yup, use MA for favorite lists, it's better anyway as you can add stuff on the fly, whatever screen you left it on on quit should be there when you next start.

cush

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 04:31:24 pm »
Ahh ok, thought I was going barmy here trying to get this working .. :lol so much for the import option then.
Many thanks for the help, I can now sort a list out that suits us.