Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Slimline Spike'ish Design, finally almost ready to proceed.  (Read 1216 times)

jimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 06:03:11 pm
  • I want to play Defender like at the arcade.
Slimline Spike'ish Design, finally almost ready to proceed.
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:28 pm »
Having spent lots of time trying to design the perfect multi-williams panel, I have now decided to go with swappable panels instead. This is a great relief as it free's me up to build lots of panels without having to try for perfection.

I will build my Defender panel first and use it on my kitchen table to finalise the dimensions of my cabinet, but I think I'm pretty close already.

Here is my kitchen set-up, and my cabinet design.

The control panel sticks out quite a long way, that's because I like the screen 30" from my face. The panel folds down to save space when not in use.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:19:57 pm by jimmer »
On forums jimmer speaks for himself as a Defender fan, not as proprietor of www.jbgaming.co.uk  << Is that advertising or disclosure ? or both ?

Acids

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2023, 05:50:45 am
  • Bring It.. Smart arse!
Re: Slimline Spike'ish Design, finally almost ready to proceed.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »
If kids are going to be all over this you might want to add some weight to the base?
Id hate to think what damage it will do to the cabinet / monitor should it fall.

( it would also be a good lesson for the child to give respect to equipment )