Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kega Fusion ESC key assignment?  (Read 14148 times)

mpavlic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2013, 08:32:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Kega Fusion ESC key assignment?
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:29:54 am »
I've been working on building my own arcade unit and currently have Hyperspin installed on my PC. I have themes, videos, and multiple emulators including NEStopia, Kega Fusion, MAME, ZNES, etc.  When I am in Hyperspin, playing a game, I have assigned the pinball button on the side to exit the game at any time and bring me back to the Hyperspin game menu for that particular system. I have been able to do this for MAME, ZNES, and NEStopia. 

However, I can NOT seem to find a way to assign the ESC key to my X-Arcade Dual Joystick in Kega Fusion.  It seems that you can only exit Fusion by hitting the ESC key on the keyboard. I obvioulsy have figured out how to choose the buttons on the joystick for Fusion, but it seems you can't change the default for ESC.  Is there a way to exit/close fusion or change the ESC key in Kega Fusion, or am I stuck using the keyboard every time.  Please don't reccomend a different genesis emulator. I know they exist, I want to see if I can use Fusion first. Thanks for any help!

empardopo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2024, 01:29:03 pm
    • My personal forum
Re: Kega Fusion ESC key assignment?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:17:00 am »
Do you know AllInOneFYC?
With that program you can remap buttons or keys, launch program, kill program, ect.

Greetings.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:50:45 pm »
Joy2key may be able to do this as well.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2024, 10:10:04 am
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:03:00 pm »
Or Autohotkey, but really Hyperspin should be able to handle this on it's own.
There have to be many others using this emulator with Hyperspin.
Have you tried the Hyperspin forums?
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?16380-kega-fusion-exit-key-change

I love Kega Fusion, but I'm using Mala.

mpavlic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:28:36 pm »
Thanks for the resposnes so far. I'm at work now, and can't test it.  However, BadMouth, are you stating that in Hyperspin, I should be able to assign a key to close every emulator? 

If so, I never tried that as I've just been changing the keys in each individual emulator.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:13:54 pm »
However, BadMouth, are you stating that in Hyperspin, I should be able to assign a key to close every emulator? 

The thread I linked to (which was the first thing that popped up when I searched google)
looks like it's specific to Kega Fusion and is done in Hyperlaunch.

I haven't used Hyperspin other than trying it once with MAME to see if I liked it, so I can't give you specific instructions...just know enough about this stuff in general to give you a kick in the right direction.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 06:19:38 am »
It is possible without the use of other programs - I have it setup, although I can't remember how I did it.

I seem to remember there is a 'cabinet mode' setting or similar in the ini file, which when enabled means that hitting Escape when in full-screen mode quits the emulator. I will try to have a look on my cabinet.

empardopo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2024, 01:29:03 pm
    • My personal forum
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 07:47:28 am »
Exactly!  In fusion when you press ESCAPE then the emulator exits.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

mpavlic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 09:25:32 am »
It is possible without the use of other programs - I have it setup, although I can't remember how I did it.

I seem to remember there is a 'cabinet mode' setting or similar in the ini file, which when enabled means that hitting Escape when in full-screen mode quits the emulator. I will try to have a look on my cabinet.

Well, what I'm trying to do is, assign the ESC key on the keyboard, to the pinball button on my xarcade jostick.  The issue is, the emulator itself (Fusion) doesn't allow you to re-assign that key. So I have to edit it somewhere else.  I have to see if I can assign it in Hyperspin itself. I never thought of checking that.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 06:20:45 am »
Well, what I'm trying to do is, assign the ESC key on the keyboard, to the pinball button on my xarcade jostick.

Sorry, I misread what you wanted to do. I am not sure how you can do that...good luck!

mpavlic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:32:15 am »
So, I went on Hyperspin (HyperHQ) to see if I could assign Hyperspin to assign a key to exit every emulator.  I haven't been on in a while as I've been working on cabinet.  You can't (as far as I can tell) assign a key on the keyboard (Hyperspin and the PC read the Xarcade stick as a keyboard not a joystick/controller) for the ESC key. You can assign it an EXIT key, but that's just to exit out of whatever game set you are in. 

marioxb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 01:54:31 pm
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 10:36:48 am »
Did you read this specific thread on HyperSpin-fe.com? (I can't go to that forum from work, so I don't know what it says).

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?16380-kega-fusion-exit-key-change

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »
it says to add "exit_emulator_key=3" to your Settings.ini file (/Hyperspin/settings) folder  (Replace 3 with whichever key you want to use) Then check that your module for kega has the following.

CloseProcess:
   FadeOutStart()
   WinClose, Fusion ahk_class KegaClass
Return

Hope that helped.