Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: THE ARCADE SHOP at GAMEROOM DESIGNS - Arcade Systems, Kits, Parts & Accessories  (Read 246428 times)

Brian74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
Wall mount juke

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
Or these

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
I have been searching trying to find a bar display like that touchtunes one has.

macattack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2018, 05:35:16 pm
  • Cabinet builder to the stars!
Custom Bartop, Arcade and Pinball Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2013, 10:21:22 pm »

Looks cool, where are the other speakers going to be? Mids, tweeters etc ? Wall mount? Good spot for the subs but would be good to get separation for the others to get a more left/right feel.

I hadn't given 'stereo' too much thought, after the first draft that I didn't share. I was considering having three speakers on each side - in exactly the same format as the front - for left and right separation... ... while in it's current form, it could fit in between arcade cabinets, if needed. Of course, if I installed bluetooth, then any external speakers could work.

What do you think? What would you recommend?

Side output is not going to give you the best sound, maybe come up with a material style grill at the front so you can get it all forward facing, the sub could always go out the back, or raise it and fire down.

Bluetooth is an idea, but frankly there are no decent speakers I would pair that with.  Plus most are not amped enough for what you wanna do.

You could maybe give it some pods to the side to hold them.

WWW.xtremepinball.com
Pm me for custom cnc needs...

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
You could maybe give it some pods to the side to hold them.

Ah, angled 'wings' could work very, very well for this. I think I have an idea that may be good to go with that. Thanks!

mike boss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
Hey Rick,

this might be a bad idea....but I'll ask anyway.
Any thought of making some custom pedestal bases that would pair with some of the cabinets ?

Like something with the Nintendo logo that goes with the bartop ?

Rick

• Offline Offline
Any thought of making some custom pedestal bases that would pair with some of the cabinets ?

It's not a bad idea, just an expensive one, considering what you get. It takes a lot of wood to make a base - almost as much as a bartop itself - and all you get is ... a base.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:09:56 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

It's not a bad idea, just an expensive one, considering what you get. It takes a lot of wood to make a base - almost as much as a bartop itself - and all you get is ... a base.

Good point, Rick. You may as well just build a full-size if you're going that route.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

mike boss

• Offline Offline
I was thinking more from a design point, that someone could have a pedestal/cabinet of sorts.
Perhaps a logo on the front, and also serve as some storage.

I purchased two of these prior (why 2, I don't know) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-3D-SIGN-game-room-Genesis-SEGA-Wii-Motorsport-Playstation-X-BOX-/290982420041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bfe75e49

I thought it would be cool to have a base and put this on the front.

Rick

• Offline Offline
I was thinking more from a design point, that someone could have a pedestal/cabinet of sorts. Perhaps a logo on the front, and also serve as some storage.

It has always been my plan to work towards competing directly with North Coast Customs, so this certainly isn't out of the running. First, I'm still trying to figure out a way to get an Atari Cabaret out to Nitz without spending $200+ on shipping alone. (I didn't forget you, buddy!) Shipping is really the challenge right now.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
well i for are waiting for the go ahead
so i can order a few
great thing here is i live 2hr's west of u rick
so shipping is of no concern,as i can drive down and pick them/it up

on a side note here i would love it if u could look into doing a pinball cab..
as i am starting to get a demand for vp pins

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Rick

• Offline Offline
well i for are waiting for the go ahead so i can order a few. great thing here is i live 2hr's west of u rick
so shipping is of no concern, as i can drive down and pick them/it up

No problem there, sir! As soon as I have something to show you, you're welcome to visit!

on a side note here i would love it if u could look into doing a pinball cab.. as i am starting to get a demand for vp pins

Well, I've got some good news for you then! This...

...is one of the items incoming on the current cut list! So, yes. The Williams Widebody Pinball Cabinet will be available!

ed12

• Offline Offline
rick
that is the exact cab i am looking for
let me know so we can  hook up

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
These are going to kick --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules-- !

Rick

• Offline Offline
that is the exact cab i am looking for. let me know so we can  hook up

As soon as they're in, you'll hear from me!

These are going to kick --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules--!

Thanks Mike! I received an e-mail from the CNC shop earlier today that they had some problems with my designs that they say seems to originate with their CAM software, but that two of my five sheets were cut. They're working with the software company to repair the issue, and to complete the rest of the sheets as soon as possible.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:35:02 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
We want wood!  :P

Rick

• Offline Offline
We want wood!  :P

I KNOW! Nobody wants to see it more than I do. :D

I hope that they're able to fix up the issues today, and get the rest completed for pickup tomorrow. Once we've got all of the prototypes cutting at 100%, they're confident that I can place an order, and then pick it up a couple of days later.

SgtSlaughter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2021, 10:38:50 am
The anticipation is killing me here... heh.  Oh well it has given me some time to get my front end going... 

ed12

• Offline Offline
that would be sweet rick
as i said i am 2hrs away
and would love to see your handy work..touchie fellie kinda thing
plus it would give me a  time line for the vp's i want to build

ed

mike boss

• Offline Offline
The GTA is a big market, and I know that locally you don't see many items like this.
The fact that these mimic some classic designs, peoples true favorites I think is a huge plus!
I know I can't wait to see the Nintendo inspired cabinet....and lord knows I need NO NEW PROJECTS !!!
(my wife will confirm)..................... YET.................I WANT ONE !

SgtSlaughter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2021, 10:38:50 am
Hey Rick, Whats the word?  Been quiet on this thread the last week, which is not like you  :dunno

Rick

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick, Whats the word?  Been quiet on this thread the last week, which is not like you  :dunno

I'm frazzled, tbh.

My CNC guy cut two sheets on Thursday last week, and then noticed some key elements were missing from the cuts. (Holes, slots, etc.) He said my designs were fine, but that it's an issue with their CAM software, and that he's taking it up with them.

We had Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, and I've been trying to get an answer as to what's happening, but I haven't heard back yet.

I'm very sorry to everybody whose waiting on these. I thought I'd have everything in hand by now.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
Its just issue after issue huh rick? Things will pan out :))

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rick

• Offline Offline
Its just issue after issue huh rick? Things will pan out :))

I'm hoping so.

I am, however, looking at future opportunities. This includes looking for a small (likely shared) industrial space and building my own CNC machines. If everything pans out on that plan, then I'd have the ability to assemble them whenever I needed them. 

burningtoys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 02:22:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hey Rick I'm local to you (Oshawa) and would love to grab a couple of these.

Rick

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick I'm local to you (Oshawa) and would love to grab a couple of these.

Sounds good! Just so you're aware, I believe ALL of the current order have been spoken for, but once I have them in hand and have verified their quality, I will be opening up a new round of orders.

Thanks for the interest!

burningtoys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 02:22:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sounds good! Just so you're aware, I believe ALL of the current order have been spoken for, but once I have them in hand and have verified their quality, I will be opening up a new round of orders.

Thanks for the interest!

Sounds good. I'm eyeing a Pinball cabinet and one of the barcade designs.  I just finished my vertical mame cab and want to make something dedicated to horizontal games. I''ll keep an eye on this thread and get in on the next round.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:27:04 pm by burningtoys »

mike boss

• Offline Offline
I'm stoked to see these in person.
I think the product line shown here is awesome.
So many great designs.....truly awesome stuff.

Good luck, hope all works out, hope we can all see these soon.

Mamezilla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 09:19:21 am
I'm stoked to see these in person.
I think the product line shown here is awesome.
So many great designs.....truly awesome stuff.

Good luck, hope all works out, hope we can all see these soon.

I second that
Don't throw rocks to a man with a machine gun
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

mike boss

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick,

Had another question and thought I would ask here.
When you get these I know it will be one of each (if all goes to plan) from my understanding.
I know the intention is to assemble them so people can see a built project, but will you be dressing them up/staging them (not sure of a better term) with joysticks, buttons, bezel, marquee etc to show a true finished project ?

I ask for people who are perhaps less visual who'd like see that.
I've been showing these to a few buddies who forever ask me about my machines but would never pop for one
(be it cash, or wife wont let them, etc) . Telling them these would be an awesome alternative. Most of them responded with "I'll wait til I see yours!" LOL - cheap b@stards !

I think for us involved in the hobby simply taking a look at the MDF model built gives us a good idea, but for others who'd like something for a man cave and are not in the hobby that idea makes sense.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
+1

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, since I think he has sold all of his initial line... 

mike boss

• Offline Offline
Perhaps not these inital ones , but a run shortly after.
Again, I feel that these bartops could have sooooo much appeal.
I'd also be willing to bet that locally (Durham, Ontario) there would be people who woulc/could offer such servies with a kit of this nature. If not even buy in bulk, fix up and sell.

None the less, I think a fully assembled (not working, but built) would be a good idea.

Rick

• Offline Offline
When you get these I know it will be one of each (if all goes to plan) from my understanding. I know the intention is to assemble them so people can see a built project, but will you be dressing them up/staging them (not sure of a better term) with joysticks, buttons, bezel, marquee etc to show a true finished project?

I ask for people who are perhaps less visual who'd like see that. I've been showing these to a few buddies who forever ask me about my machines but would never pop for one (be it cash, or wife wont let them, etc). Telling them these would be an awesome alternative. Most of them responded with "I'll wait til I see yours!" LOL - cheap b@stards!

I think for us involved in the hobby simply taking a look at the MDF model built gives us a good idea, but for others who'd like something for a man cave and are not in the hobby that idea makes sense.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, since I think he has sold all of his initial line... 

It's certainly an idea that I'm going to work with, yes. Haruman is right, unfortunately. Right now, this "first order" will be in the door/out the door, with a quality control check followed by a brief photo op. I do plan to place a new order almost immediately afterward, as I will be opening the pre-orders of the products, and I do want to have a couple of 'spares' available for my own projects... ...especially considering I spent a part of yesterday disassembling a couple of 17" LCD's from TKW4rr10r - so, there's that.

:D

Now, for the bad news...

I've just (like, just) got off an hour long phone call with my CNC provider, as we were discussing the ongoing delays, and when I hope to receive the wood. As it turns out, the specific issue isn't with my designs at all. It was determined that the CAM program is ignoring most of the arcs in my files. I was asked what program I had designed in, as the CAM software technicians thought that it was because of an import issue, but I have been working natively in Solidworks, so my CNC guy agrees that it's the CAM software that's at fault.

In his own words, "we've spent considerable money on this CAM software, and they told us that they will work 100% with Solidworks, so it's up to them to fix this for us." So, he's back on top of them, pushing them to put out a fix as soon as possible.

So, I'm pretty happy with that. Sure, there's a delay, and I'm forced to 'suck it up' and tell all of you who have been very patiently waiting that yes, there's another delay. But, the fact that it's not a problem with the work I've done makes me very happy. My CNC guy will work through it (hopefully quickly!) and we'll be able to put out a great product.

Thanks again!

macattack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2018, 05:35:16 pm
  • Cabinet builder to the stars!
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2013, 07:02:43 pm »
Well your other option is send it over here and I can convert it to something he can deal with right away, I ran into this with several files sent over by users and how Mach 3 etc deals with arcs. Open offer.

WWW.Xtremepinball.com
Pm me for custom cnc needs...

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness

ebarlow99

no Trap...Greg's a stand up guy for sure!!!!

FYI no line up on my CNC  ;D

Rick

• Offline Offline
FYI no line up on my CNC  ;D

You're not working hard enough!

:lol

Monkeyvoodoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 03:01:51 am
  • I swear I can stop at one. Or two.
    • threefoldhorse Custom
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »
I'll be watching for your second run Rick. No room in the wallet this soon before Xmas but the girlfriend is bugging me for a wreckit Ralph cab. Your minitendo cab would be perfect.

Rick

• Offline Offline
I'll be watching for your second run Rick. No room in the wallet this soon before Xmas but the girlfriend is bugging me for a wreckit Ralph cab. Your minitendo cab would be perfect.

I hear you! Thanks for the interest! I'm pretty sure I'll have the second run in time for Christmas... ...but we'll definitely see.

Once we're in the swing, and have all the kinks worked out, I'm hoping to run orders once every couple of weeks, so there shouldn't be much of a delay. I certainly don't want to keep people waiting for their cabinets, as it's been killing me up to this point as it is.