Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Point me to the post  (Read 3501 times)

Slimonce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
Point me to the post
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:49 pm »
Have a maxx sapphire 2. Every time I turn it on it asks for f2 so I have to open it and plug in a keyboard. Believe it says its a date and time issue. Would this be the battery on the mobo?  Also what are my options on upgrading?  Had it for a couple years w no issues other than super loud fans. Just wanting to get all I can out of it or to sell it and move to ion.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:56:03 pm by Slimonce »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Point me to the post
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:09:16 am »
yes, the bios battery on the main motherboard needs to be replaced, then just enter the BIOS and load the default settings, that should get things up and going again. (and not ask you to press a key)

i belive CROWN was the last version that will work on the maxx hardware. you will need to upgrade the ram too. (requires >64mb)

Slimonce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:18:41 pm »
That fixed it!  Thanks Shawn!!!  Also replaced the fans while I was in there. Thing is still super loud. Is that the hd?  Normal?  Gotta say the old fans were nasty w old smoke grease. At least it might smell better. Btw the pub time dart board rocks!!! 

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:50:53 pm »
Yeah, the hard drives get pretty noisy (metalicy whine) they will keep on going though.