Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rotated monitor help!  (Read 2457 times)

lbeckm3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2016, 03:59:42 pm
Rotated monitor help!
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:28:33 am »
I've started to build a small bartop cabinet with an old pc and an 18" monitor.  I want to rotate the monitor so I can play old-school Donkey Kong, Pacman etc. on it and I'm having screen rotation issues.

With Maximus Arcade do I;
1. Rotate the theme and set flags on mame launch to rotate games. (thinking maybe this is what most do?).  Just got the theme editor open now and digging through it.
2. Rotate Windows XP through the graphics card options. (when I launch games after doing this - they are really really skinny and tall taking up less then 1/2 the screen width wise).

Anyone else out there with a bartop with this orientation, or a cocktail lcd setup like this?

Thanks!!

FYI - I'm after basically this: https://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=123302.0

Caparo8bit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 02:13:32 am
  • Hyperspin/Maximus
Re: Rotated monitor help!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »
IMA NOOB AND IF YOUR USING MAME YOU CAN ROTATE THE SCREEN   :   SELECET GAME  WHEN GAME IS LOADING PRESS TAP ON PC AND THAT BRINGS MAME MENU THEN GO TO VIDEO AND WALLAAAAAA....... (THI IS ONLY FOR MAME MEULATOR) HOPE HELPS YOU