Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sonic Allstar Racing On sale - $7.49 on Steam - Free to play until 7/8  (Read 2272 times)

Fursphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:15:23 pm
I wasn't going to post this, as I hadn't played it yet.   But now that I have.. I will  :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212480/

Its on sale for $7.49, with the DLC (one more karts and Outrun Bay Track) for $0.74

If you like Mario Kart games, and you like Sonic the Hedgehog, you'll probably enjoy this game.  And since its free to play for the weekend, you can give it a try before you buy! 

The "free demo" link is a little tricky - if you've got Steam installed, just click this:  steam://run/212480
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:14:12 pm by Fursphere »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
I bought it when it was $10 or $15.  I like it, but haven't had the time to play it much.

On the few courses I've run, the cars transform, but there is no need for a Y axis, so it should work fine with a wheel.
I've only played it with an xbox controller, so I don't know if any workarounds are required for a wheel or if it would just work.

Not sure about the new Transformed version, but Antonis, the author of 90's Arcade Racer had a hand in the artwork of the previous one.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
Can you drive the cars in bumpercam/hood view? Also is there force feedback?

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:15:23 pm
I had to use the Y access while flying, so I don't know how that would work out with a wheel (use the paddle shifters for Y access maybe?  or gear shift?)

I don't know about force feedback - since this is basically a console port which is made to be played with a gamepad, I kinda doubt it.  I'm hoping to get my wheel hooked back up today.  I'll let you know if I get that far.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
I would also like to point out that there is an Outrun stage, that is an over-the-top high res version of the beach level from 2k6.  Not that this makes it worth buying, but it is a nice bonus.  ;)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
I would also like to point out that there is an Outrun stage, that is an over-the-top high res version of the beach level from 2k6.  Not that this makes it worth buying, but it is a nice bonus.  ;)

It's the reason I bought the game.  It loses the Outrun feel after you transform into a boat and go across water.  The music is a dubstep remake of Splash Wave.  I don't care for it as much as the arranged versions on Coast to Coast.