Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Joysticks & Buttons :D  (Read 1120 times)

zsonance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2013, 06:04:09 pm
Joysticks & Buttons :D
« on: May 17, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »
Hey all! I had a question for all of you experienced ones out there regarding joysticks and buttons, hopefully just to get a good reference.

My first project I got my 2 joysticks and all of my buttons from Tornado Terry's ( which I believe are HAPP ) ( I could be wrong though. ) ANYWAY, couldn't beat the price, and I don't mind the joysticks at all, but I have a problem with the way the buttons seem to feel..they have that kind of cheap feel to them.

My latest cabinet I just bought is a kit cabinet Magic Sword capcom machine, and I love the way the joysticks and buttons just feel..the buttons have a nice spring action to them, and that's how I want it to feel!

So my question is, where are some great online stores that have these kind of buttons i'm looking for?

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:24:45 pm »
Hello and welcome

Pics are always the most helpful so we know what your dealing with here.

I'm assuming the buttons you're liking are maybe Happ Horizontal concaved buttons.
I really like these classic buttons.

Do not buy happ ultimate buttons, they are anything but ultimate

There are a few good vendors that are regulars here

Ultimarc
Paradise arcade
Groovy Game Gear
Arcadeemator.net (he carries the happ line)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:26:22 pm by mgb »

zsonance

• Offline Offline
Re: Joysticks & Buttons :D
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:03:46 pm »
Thank you for your response!
Yes, the ones I have are the classic HAPP ones you are describing, got them here.

http://www.tornadoterrys.com/surplus.htm

I am still a beginner, and these are my first buttons purchased. I think really all I am looking for are ones that are similar in style, just more "springy" feel, and more sturdy. These HAPP ones just have a real cheap feel to them. What other brands are there?

zsonance

• Offline Offline
Re: Joysticks & Buttons :D
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »
Yes, they are the concaved ones by the way , 1.59 each.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 12:24:43 am »
I have been using the Electric Ice 2 from Groovy Game Gear and I like them a lot. They're meant for lighting with LEDs.
GGG also has the Classx which seem to be a pretty good concave switch.

My old control panel had Happ Competition switches which are slightly convex instead. I thought those were pretty good.