Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mystery Monitor Fault  (Read 626 times)

BorgScan73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2013, 04:26:15 pm
  • New to the game....
Mystery Monitor Fault
« on: May 17, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »
I have just been given a JAMMA cabinet and I am attempting to get it up and running.  I have a JAMMA PCB installed, when I turn the cabinet on the monitor fires up but this is all i see....

Just to start me off on the right track, should I be looking at the monitor or PCB first?

mgb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
Mystery Monitor Fault
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:03:36 pm »
The blue and lines are a monitor issue but I don't see any game behind the blue haze so you may have a double whammy that will need to be figured by first going through the simplest steps first.

First off try and set your monitor controls all to half.
That's a lot if blue.
May be set wrong, may be a bad transistor but always try the easiest first.
And also turn down the screen knob on the Flyback to bring down those lines.

Some other things that may be helpful no matter what are to reseat the jamma connector at the game board. While its off, clean the connector edge with an eraser or contact cleaner.
Also one thing that should always be done once you get a machine, is take a digital multi meter and meter for the 5 volts at the jamma connector. It should be at 5.1 volts. Adjust the power supply accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:05:17 pm by mgb »