Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to map "insert coin" and "exit game" through buttoncombinations in ArcadeOS?  (Read 4141 times)

Leader98

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2014, 05:05:37 am
  • Arcade dude
    • Terminator 2 Arcade Machine
I am building a mame arcade for my kids (and myself!).
The base is a regular jamma cabinet with an original arcade monitor connected with a J-Pac to a computer (and occasionally to my jamma 1942 and 1943 boards).
It is running on ArcedeOS/advanceMame now but I am not able to get the "insert key" and "exit game" functions connected with a button combo.
Now I have to leave the cabinet open because it has an insert coin button inside (and a pc keyboard).

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

CHRIS-F

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
Hi, As you are using a j-pac you can re program the keys to match what you need, see the Ultimarc website here

http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac3.html

There will be more info on the j-pac FAQ page about using shift keys etc. Also you could just put a small push button switch under the control panel and wire it to the j-pac one for insert coin and one for exit game there should be more info on the ultimarc website on adding extra buttons, hope this helps.

Chris.