Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Do I have anything good?  (Read 2429 times)

entomophile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 09:19:47 am
    • My Favorite Stripper
Do I have anything good?
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:40:27 pm »
A friend of mine gave me three games; TV Ping Pong, Astro Invaders, and Cyber Police ESwat.  Pong works but I think the screen image is a little small.  Astro Invaders just makes some obnoxious noise when I turn it on.  ESwat works but the image is fuzzy.  Any of these games significant/worth restoring?  I am thinking I may sell two and convert one to a MAME cabinet.  Should I bother fixing them, or just part them out?  -Greg

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Do I have anything good?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:07:34 pm »
 Awesome score !!!  Those are some old school games... DO NOT DESTROY , If you can fix them, at least sell them to to somebody who can/will. You can easily get a cab (and a newer style) with the profits... The pong was one of the first commercial games ever made.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:53:00 pm »

Top two games are special.  Basically, you've got a classic piece of the Pong Clone era.  Then you've got a classic early dedicated Stern game.  Third one, less so, but still a decent game.

At the very least ensure that the Ping Pong and the Astro Invaders stay safe. 

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2024, 07:41:50 am
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »
I like ESWAT  :)
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

entomophile

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 09:19:47 am
    • My Favorite Stripper
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »
OK, thanks.  I think I'll try to get them working well and sell them to fund my MAME project.  Anyone know where I can find a manual for the ESwat game?  It is the Sega System 16B board.  I found the other two, but no luck on that one.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »
I MIGHT have an Eswat manual around here somewhere as I used to own an Eswat. Really the manual for any of the system 16 games should give you all the info you need. A lot of good boards swap directly into that machine, like Shinobi and Alien Syndrome.

If the image is fuzzy on eswat it might very well be as simple as just adjusting the focus knob on the flyback.

I wouldn't even try to do any repairs to the Pong clone or the Astro Invader, your target buyer for both of those will almost certainly be well versed in the art of game repair.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:47:07 pm by paigeoliver »
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:12:48 am »

I wouldn't even try to do any repairs to the Pong clone or the Astro Invader, your target buyer for both of those will almost certainly be well versed in the art of game repair.
Sometimes you just amaze Jennifer with your insightful information.... As for that Eswat, Well, It does have a nice Mame style look to it, I could possibly [although not cheerfully] get on board with its sacrificial demise as a project cab.