Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Games were running great. Now everything lags.  (Read 3056 times)

rtpb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2013, 05:12:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Games were running great. Now everything lags.
« on: March 20, 2013, 10:20:53 pm »
I recently installed lubuntu on a space PC of mine. I have mame installed using wahcade front end. Everything was going great. I last used the machine Monday and the ROMs were running great. Game play was smooth and enjoyable. I turned it on to play with the layout and noticed all of my games were lagging. Both sound and video were very choppy. I rebooted with no luck as well. Anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

rtpb

• Offline Offline
Re: Games were running great. Now everything lags.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:52:53 pm »
Ok I was playing around a little more with the machine today. I do get an error every time I run wahcade saying

"Error: Resource not found. gstplaybasebin.c(1655): gen_source_element (): /GstPlayBin:player"

I don't know what that means. Any ideas? The roms run slow and lag with both wahcade and just running the game through mame. Everything else about the system runs great. I do not get choppy music when I play mp3s/stream. I am running a pentium 4 2.8ghz with 2 gig of rams and lag playing the Simpsons (and every other rom) :( I will check over at the wahcade forums to see if anyone has gotten that error as well. Does anyone have any ideas about what could have caused this?

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2024, 07:38:23 am
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:35:11 pm »
Save your shizzle and do a reinstall of the OS.  Sorry i don't have any better advice than that. 

welash

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2020, 04:52:44 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »
The error message sounds like it is from gstreamer.  I don't think that mame uses gstreamer, but the frontend might.  Is it possible that you upgraded something between the time things were working and when they weren't?  I've had problems with pulseaudio before, so you might want to try uninstalling that and falling back to alsa.

rtpb

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 08:50:03 am »
So I lowered my resolution from 1920x1080 to 800x600 and all of my games ran smooth again. All the music and video was perfect. I guess that's ok since I will be running my cab at the lower resolution. I still get the error. I'll give your suggestion of uninstalling pulseaudio.

thanks!