Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MOVIES: Megalopolis Expressway Trial  (Read 3005 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
MOVIES: Megalopolis Expressway Trial
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:53:19 pm »
This is a 1988 Japanese movie that fans of Initial D & Wangan Midnight might want to check out.
The roots of both those series are here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalopolis_Expressway_Trial

Forum rules prevent me from posting a link to the full movie here,
though it's easily found under the name Shuto Kousoku Trial

This was listed as a trailer, but it seems more a slow pace collection of scenes.
It's the closest thing to a trailer I could find.

I enjoyed the first one. 
It's the usual Japanese formula of guy races, guy stops racing, someone less talented gets hurt racing, guy has to race again to avenge their friend.
As far as I know the formula started with this movie.

The movie was banned for glamorizing street racing.  The following movies in the series were straight to video and get progressively worse as the makers tried to appease the government.  The second one has an anti-street racing message and by the third one, they are only driving fast if someone is being rushed to the hospital!  :lol

The first one is worth a watch.  The second and third I'd only recommend if you want to see how bad they are.
There were a few more after the third, but I haven't watched them.