Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hacking Outrun 2006  (Read 157233 times)

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:03:52 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Hacking Outrun 2006
« Reply #1120 on: November 13, 2019, 04:58:10 pm »
Very keen for this new release :)

nathanjay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2019, 04:43:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1121 on: November 15, 2019, 09:59:49 pm »
Wow page 1 of this came up in a Google search - I can't believe how long it been going!

Big thanks to Howard for his work on this.

lI used to have that trainer mentioned back in 2013, and I'd disable the time limit, stick a CD on and go for a nice leisurely drive admiring the scenery with the Tridef 3D software rendering the game in anaglyph (red/cyan) 3D.
So I have a small request... for the next build would it be possible to turn off the time limit to enable cruising along at Sunday driving speeds? :)

Also, the 3D effect in tridef is very impressive with FXT, even though anaglyph "technology" is pretty ancient.  If there was a way to render two view simultaniously ingame in red/cyan, other players could experience the awesome 3Dness.  The red/cyan glasses are about 1/$1 for a pack of 3 online, but Tridef no longer exists as a business.

BIG THANKS again.

https://imgur.com/a/AW39NIY
https://imgur.com/a/fbozJkq
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:27:24 pm by nathanjay »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:43:55 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #1122 on: November 16, 2019, 12:55:14 am »
Quoting from the readme.txt:

"Bonus Features/Easter Eggs
--------------------------

Launch the wrapper with the command line flag "-OuttaTime" to freeze the timer, giving you infinite time to screw arou...err beta test for me."

Anyway that's pretty cool.  I could never get a good 3d effect with old school glasses though.  If you can find a wrapper that did side by side 3d that would work with most VR goggles and 3d tvs. 

nathanjay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2019, 04:43:09 pm
« Reply #1123 on: November 17, 2019, 09:28:13 am »
Hey thanks for that! sorry I missed it in the .txt
Tridef can render in various 3D methods, I've had it running in a Google Cardboard type headset using Tridef + Trinus3D.

The company went bankrupt so I'm not sure on the morality/legality of downloading a cracked version...

Thanks again

RenegadeR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2019, 06:54:23 pm
« Reply #1124 on: November 18, 2019, 07:11:49 pm »
This hack is great!

I am implementing it on my Daytona USA 2 Deluxe cabinet and one thing I am still missing is the sparks address I can't find it in the last OR2006C2C.CT file?

I am using my own program to send the codes to the Daytona 2 driveboard so all seems to work, stuff like force on the wheel coming from xforce and wheel vibration when you drive offroad, also started to change the vibration depending on the surface (snow will vibrate only a little while others rumble a lot more) also when hitting the sides the wheel rotates the opposite direction of the wheel, this gives a nice effect.

So want to use that sparks address to rotate the wheel when hitting cars.

Thanks!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:15:03 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1125 on: November 18, 2019, 10:26:09 pm »
Howard now that you seem to have a very good understanding of how the game works and its code, would it feasible or practical to someday hack the game to work in VR, and support VR headsets like the Oculus Rift? Or is this something only Sumo would be able to do?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:43:55 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #1126 on: November 19, 2019, 12:54:10 am »
I think, if it's going to happen, it'll happen via a proxy dll like the aforementioned tridef.  That being said, due to the way the game renders a scene you'll probably never be able to look around... it'd be a simple stereoscopic image.

Btw, I'll look up the spark address when I get a chance. 

BigTinz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 21, 2019, 09:37:41 pm
« Reply #1127 on: November 19, 2019, 04:21:49 pm »
It doesn't glitch in the new version.... I did some endless loops.

Sweet! Can't wait to try it.

SpaceFolding

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 03:30:11 am
« Reply #1128 on: November 19, 2019, 09:42:16 pm »
Posted this in the other FXT thread not knowing there is a longer thread:

Found a bug.

I'm playing in windowed mode but the proper resolution is not being correctly used. For example, if I use 1024x768, my screenshots are coming out as 1022x744. This causes massive tearing where rows and column of pixels would be missing. The easiest way to spot this is in the car selection screen where round wheel arches would tear and look a few lines of pixels are missing.

Also, the PC version is known to look inferior and "grainy" because of the lack of mipmapping where textures would have this ant crawling effect when in motion. Do you think integrating mipmapping is possible?