Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: got my dream screen, small issue, please help  (Read 1694 times)

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
got my dream screen, small issue, please help
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:06 pm »
hi guys,

had a few drinks and was browsing ebay one night and stumbled upon new/old stock, 29" true flat xvga (1024x768) Effinet EFG-2902F-TA01 so i snapped it up and it arrived yesterday.  i promptly installed it and the screen is gorgeous and i can now use my act-lab guns again!  but there is one thing that seems to be wrong.

along the center horizontal, about a 6" band, gets distorted about every 30 seconds for about a second.  it's hard to describe the effect but it looks like someone grabs the left edge of the screen, pulls it into the center and then it snaps right back into place.  this lasts only a second but is annoying. 

now i only got to play around with it for about an hour last night and i'm hoping it goes away with use but does anyone have any suggestions of something i could look at.

many MANY thanks, T

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
Re: got my dream screen, small issue, please help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:01:48 am »
Oh. It's just a tri-sync. Analog probably. Fairly inexpensive, though.
-Banned-

sandheaver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: got my dream screen, small issue, please help
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »
hi guys,

had a few drinks and was browsing ebay one night and stumbled upon new/old stock, 29" true flat xvga (1024x768) Effinet EFG-2902F-TA01 so i snapped it up and it arrived yesterday.  i promptly installed it and the screen is gorgeous and i can now use my act-lab guns again!  but there is one thing that seems to be wrong.

along the center horizontal, about a 6" band, gets distorted about every 30 seconds for about a second.  it's hard to describe the effect but it looks like someone grabs the left edge of the screen, pulls it into the center and then it snaps right back into place.  this lasts only a second but is annoying. 

now i only got to play around with it for about an hour last night and i'm hoping it goes away with use but does anyone have any suggestions of something i could look at.

many MANY thanks, T

Is the warping regular?  does it happen every X seconds on the nose?  Does it happen at the same interval on a dark screen vs a bright screen?