Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyArcade live-CD New Release 2019  (Read 174901 times)

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:54:23 am
  • Web Developer.
Re: GroovyArcade live-CD New Release 2019
« Reply #920 on: November 14, 2019, 07:39:29 am »
I know, but in this case is different, if I launch mame from bash the game start normally, the problem is with attract, I need to verify if the lastrun log is created as in windows.

Sent from the sixth floor

Windows
  • attract.exe - type is windows application
  • attract-console.exe - type is windows console (STDOUT visible)

Unix
Code: [Select]
// Output STDOUT to file
./attract --config /Users/keiljr/Projects/attractmode/attract/config > log.txt

// Append output STDOUT to file
./attract --config /Users/keiljr/Projects/attractmode/attract/config >> log.txt

// Output STDERR and STDOUT to file
./attract --config /Users/keiljr/Projects/attractmode/attract/config &> log.txt

// Append output STDERR and STDOUT to file
./attract --config /Users/keiljr/Projects/attractmode/attract/config &>> log.txt

// Output STDOUT to console and file
./attract --config /Users/keiljr/Projects/attractmode/attract/config >&1 | tee log.txt

// Output STDERR and STD STDOUT to console and file
./attract --config /Users/keiljr/Projects/attractmode/attract/config 2>&1 | tee log.txt

I am not sure if these unix commands work in windows. If anyone wants to try them and report back, that would be great. Iíll add a section on arcademvs and perhaps the attract wiki I have been working on.

Edit: I added a section to arcade mvs wiki on unix error logging. https://arcademvs.org/unix/error-logging/

beernut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:53:25 pm
« Reply #921 on: February 21, 2020, 09:58:12 am »
Anyone know how to get the linux-headers package for the installed version of linux (4.20.5)?  I need to install a driver for my usb wifi adapter and can't compile due to missing kernel headers.

Alternately, I could recompile the kernel but can't find the current groovyarcade kernel patches anywhere.

Anyway, GroovyArcade + GroovyMame + AttractMode is fantastic.  Thanks all.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:14 am
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • GroovyArcade active fork
« Reply #922 on: February 21, 2020, 12:12:48 pm »
Arch linux is not really the kind of distribution that is looking over the shoulder to past versions ...

This version of groovyarcade will probably never get any update. You may have a look at my fork (which followr the rolling release philosophy or Arch and is already on kernel 5.5.x)

beernut

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:53:25 pm
« Reply #923 on: Yesterday at 10:09:19 am »
It actually updated fine. I simply edited /etc/pacman.conf to ignore  package linux and upgrading to latest arch went swimmingly.  With Yay installed I have been able to add pretty much any package needed.  Compiling the latest groovymame was trivial also.

It looks like I will just need to compile the kernel myself with the 15 khz patches to finally get the wifi working. 

I probably could have started with your fork but at this point as 99.99% of everything is working great and I don't look forward to reinstalling/fixing everything I think i'll just work on patching the kernel.

I did check your github repo https://github.com/substring/os but can't seem to find the kernel patches there to apply.  I presume you are using Doozer's patches https://github.com/D0023R/linux_kernel_15khz or something very similar?

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:30:14 am
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • GroovyArcade active fork
« Reply #924 on: Yesterday at 12:54:00 pm »
Kernel patches are at doozer's repo, yes. I also make arch packages of the kernel, groovymame, attract etc ...