Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyGameGear.com Packaging / Shipping / Customer Service Review  (Read 4411 times)

Slig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2013, 08:58:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
First off... I am brand new to the hobby, I just started researching it less than a month ago. I was worried about ordering from an online site I had never heard of before. Mostly about the level of quality, shipping times, and customer service I would receive.

I had seen pictures and videos of control panels with buttons lit up by RGB LEDS, and knew that is what I wanted. So I started doing searches for the perfect button. I was only finding buttons that were either pure solid colors with 0 translucency , fully clear, or not concave style (which I wanted). Then finally I randomly stumbled on a post by RandyT here on these forums, stating GroovyGameGear.com had the "Electric ICE 2 Lightable Horizontal Pushbutton" back in stock. I instantly knew they were what I wanted when I saw them. Sadly there was only 5 left though :(

Well I bought the 5, and added the options of True-Leaf Pro™ for the switch, and RGB-Drive II w/ 24" Color Coded Wires for the illumination of each button. They arrived today, which was much faster then what I assumed it would be for processing and shipping.

I was VERY impressed with professional and organized packaging they came in! The fact that one of them was fully put together so I now have a perfect guide to follow for the others, was an awesome touch! The quality of the parts are impressive as well, they seem very well made.  I have attached a picture so you can see how I received them (hopefully anyway, as it is not showing up in preview).

Also I had sent them 2 emails, one about an ETA on more buttons in stock, the other with some questions I had about another product. I got very fast responses from Randy both times.

In short, I am very glad I purchased from GroovyGameGear.com and will many more times in the future. I am also very grateful for RandyT's post leading me to this SUPER EPIC site!

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
GroovyGameGear.com Packaging / Shipping / Customer Service Review
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:55:09 am »
What is the ETA on having the Electric Ice 2 buttons back in stock?  I am currently working on a cocktail cabinet and think I will be using them for this build.

What will you be using to light them?

Slig

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2013, 08:58:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GroovyGameGear.com Packaging / Shipping / Customer Service Review
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:53:31 am »
He stated in the email he would have more in a week or so (which was on the 17th). I checked the site everyday after that. Well like 3 days when I was about to leave work, I saw there was 10 in stock. In the 45 minutes it took me to get home, they were already sold out lol.  :'(

I will be using the LED-Wiz board from GroovyGameGear.com to power them.