Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where to acquire an Immersion FFB PCB?  (Read 4688 times)

Hadeys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:36:03 pm
Where to acquire an Immersion FFB PCB?
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »
Hey there everyone, I've come to a place in my Driving Cabinet build where I am just unhappy with the feeling of the Logitech FFB hack.  I struggled to get it working correctly, and now that I have, I'm just unhappy with the centering feedback problem (as many others are as well).  Anyways, it seems to me like the only way that I'll be happy with this build is if I change out to something that has a few less issues, and the Immersion PCB seems to be the way to go.  I just can't seem to find where I could purchase one? Where are they being sold? Could anybody link me to them? Also, I hear that they are in Need for Speed cabinets, any chance of finding one used? Thanks in advance!

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
Re: Where to acquire an Immersion FFB PCB?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:28 am »
http://parts.globalvr.com/

Search for part # 990-0040-01

You have to call to order it.  Expect it to be expensive.
It says there is a core charge now that you'll get back when you send them your old board.
Another company was using them to make expensive home wheels.
They might be trying to discourage people without Global VR machines from buying them, so they'll have parts available to service the machines they've sold.

According to the description, it was used in Need for Speed GT, Need for Speed Underground, Need for Speed Carbon, NASCAR Racing, & Twisted - Nitro Stunt Racing.
So look for used parts from those games.  (Sega NASCAR Racing is different from Global VR NASCAR Racing btw)

Someday I'll get back to trying to improve the logitech hack.
My latest theory is that if a smaller gear is put on the feedback motor, it might not overshoot the centering.
The current gear is 1/5" pitch, 16 teeth, 3/8" bore. 
I haven't found smaller gears with the correct bore yet, but I haven't put a ton of time into looking either.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:00:08 am by BadMouth »