Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539635 times)

mictas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2017, 12:49:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2200 on: November 28, 2016, 04:14:23 pm »
did u get the iso ?
if yes and u need more i will up-load them
if not your welcome

ed
hi i have got the rescue disc now thank you :-)
hi i have now got down install 1,2,3, and recovery ..i have a blank 40 g hard drive and amd ready to go will i be needing anything else before ...and thank you so much so far i reaaly do appreciate what you have done

Pm sent matr

mictas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2201 on: December 01, 2016, 07:28:44 am »
will be starting this tonight ty for the help will keep you informed

mictas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2202 on: December 01, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »
hi all upon loading rescue disc I am getting operating system not found" after following the instructions take out cd turn machine off turn back on and wait up to 9 mins for the earth logo ...my question is should I be waiting with the operating system error or not

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #2203 on: December 01, 2016, 04:14:34 pm »
what the hell did u load >earth-logo< ? for champ 3 ? huh

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:36:40 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2204 on: December 01, 2016, 04:48:37 pm »
earth...logo?

wut?  :dunno

you sure you have the right disk and or the right image written to it????

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2205 on: December 01, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »
i just wonder if that is not some "hack ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---" which 3's mobo will kick right out

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mictas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2206 on: December 01, 2016, 05:14:30 pm »
sorry auto correct meant ea logo

mictas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2207 on: December 01, 2016, 05:38:01 pm »
no alls changEd am stuck at verifying DMI pool data

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:36:40 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2208 on: December 01, 2016, 07:19:01 pm »
stuck at verifying DMI pool data

try entering the bios and doing a "load default settings" kind of thing. also check that the boot device (harddrive) is being properly detected.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2209 on: December 01, 2016, 08:34:50 pm »
ok do as shawn stated

ed

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #2210 on: December 11, 2016, 09:03:55 pm »
Hey guys! Any news on getting back online?  :dunno

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2211 on: December 18, 2016, 12:11:30 am »
Since playing online is still to be determined.  I thought I would post again that I have been running an "offline" tour on Facebook.  There is one more "unofficial" event that will run over the next 2 weeks to get us to the end of 2016.  Then the "official" tournaments should return with the PGA Tour in 2017.  These events are handicaped to try and make it fair for all levels of play.  All you need to do is take a picture of your scorecard at the end of the round and send it to me in Facebook messanger.  If you don't use Facebook, I could make an "Offline" Tour thread here to post tournaments and weekly results and you could just send me a PM with the picture of you scorecard. It sure would be great having more people play while we wait to play online.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1130912480330506/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Example from a past event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/339483889747239/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:13:45 am by TimBoch »

mictas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2212 on: December 19, 2016, 04:31:33 pm »
ok do as shawn stated

ed

hi all quick update after weeks of trying I have come to the conclusion I need a new motherboard and ao card ..I have amazingly got nowhere with the machine so am weighing up the odds on whether to carry on or scrap it
the machine freezes on the very start up the bios on the titan 533 will not let me change it in any way either ..it is detecting the HD and cd rom but will not let me reinstall the game or even load ex and tonight it has decided to freeze while in the bios .....to technical for me lol

martie911

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2020, 09:57:59 pm
« Reply #2213 on: December 21, 2016, 05:27:52 am »
FYI, I have a motherboard for sale on eBay - GLOBAL VR PGA TOUR GOLF - DFI NB32-SL MOTHERBOARD W/ PENTIUM 4 CPU - 512 MB MEM

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 01:28:20 pm
« Reply #2214 on: December 22, 2016, 05:26:46 pm »
The last couple times I have played my game it will freeze up mid round.  Is this common and is there anything I can do about it?
Thanks
Jacob

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2215 on: December 27, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »
I have added events that will get us through January and week 7 of the "PGA Tour Offline Tour". I have also made the scorecards for events all the way up to the Masters in April. There is a WGC Match Play event the end of March that I have created a special scorecard for, just in case we have enough players to have a Match Play event. Here is what it looks like. Also, in week 12 for the Valspar event, I have 2 different course ideas. TPC Sawgrass or fantasy course Emerald Dragon. Since most of the upcoming events are "real" PGA Tour events, your actual running calculated handicap will be applied week to week. When I originally thought of doing this "offline" tour, I had thought if enough member had the courses from Championship 1,2,3 and Challenge editions, we could use more of those real courses to correspond with the real tour events. It would be a lot of fun to play TPC Scottsdale, Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, Poppy Hills, Pinehurst #2 and others if we can get everyone using them. If not, I'll keep shuffling the courses to try and match them up as best I can. Let me know your thoughts.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #2216 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:43 am »
Hi All Happy New year to all of you all be it belated.

Some good news on the server front. My it guy has made good progress and i am meeting him for dinner tomorrow to get the latest.

In other server news our crazy magician of a man Alias Boost Alias PGA Server has returned from the dead and emailed me.  Not to go into details on what was said in the email but the most important thing was the suggestion of getting the server back up and running independent of him on an external server. 

I will keep you updated on both fronts and hopefully we will be playing online again in the near future.

Might have to start getting some practice in as havent played at all in the new year.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 11:44:24 am
« Reply #2217 on: January 18, 2017, 10:54:53 am »
That is great that you have another person trying to work on a server.  I hate to see the guy or girl spend a ton of time on it just to find they dont posess a manditory skill needed to make the server work.  Ask him or her if they are able to reverse engineer AES encryption?  If not, they might as well stop as they are running down a rabbit hole that ultimately leads to that.  The data transmitted between the machine and server is encrypted.  You have to reverse engineer it to obtain the encryption keys and salts.  If you mention encryption salting and they dont know what that is, its best to save a ton of time and just stop.

Yes, I will be reserecting everything but not on any of my personal servers.  This will be ported a touch and served by a major hosting company.  Length of time needed is unknown at this time.  Old leaderboard data and pages will be uploaded first to show intent.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2218 on: January 18, 2017, 06:06:34 pm »
That is great that you have another person trying to work on a server.  I hate to see the guy or girl spend a ton of time on it just to find they dont posess a manditory skill needed to make the server work.  Ask him or her if they are able to reverse engineer AES encryption?  If not, they might as well stop as they are running down a rabbit hole that ultimately leads to that.  The data transmitted between the machine and server is encrypted.  You have to reverse engineer it to obtain the encryption keys and salts.  If you mention encryption salting and they dont know what that is, its best to save a ton of time and just stop.

Yes, I will be reserecting everything but not on any of my personal servers.  This will be ported a touch and served by a major hosting company.  Length of time needed is unknown at this time.  Old leaderboard data and pages will be uploaded first to show intent.

Well it seems now your back mate and the server is going back up there is no need for my guy to continue his work. Cant wait for online play to be back and we can all start enjoying some friendly competition again.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2219 on: January 18, 2017, 06:33:51 pm »
Did someone find a TARDIS and have we gone back in time? Let me know if I can help in any way or if any of my "offline" stuff might be helpful.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2220 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:32 pm »
Yea I think we have jumped into a Delorian, hit 88 MPH, greated 1.21 jiggowatts, and blasted back in time.  This time things will be different because im not going to be creating tournaments and all that stuff.  Im going to set the server and database up offsite (Already created account), give you guys the tournament tool, and let you guys manage the day to day stuff.  Everything except domain name registration "should" be free for 1 year.  Thanks Amazon.  So yea Tim, your help will be greatly needed as you will be the tournament master.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2221 on: January 19, 2017, 10:06:16 pm »
Off site web server and database server are up and operational.  Uploading database tonight.  Tomorrow will be server and tournament tool changes to work with external system.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2222 on: January 20, 2017, 05:38:01 am »
Me likey. Let me know if you need me to test anything? I better start playing again as havent played much since you disappeared again. No fun if not online.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2223 on: January 20, 2017, 09:34:59 am »
I appreciate the testing offer but I think I have everything under control since this time the server is not local to me.  We will actually be in a better situation because these servers have a ton more horsepower than the previous one.  If I had to take a guess on when the server will be ready for everyone, I would say monday, tuesday at the latest.  This will enable your world tour again.  Then I dont mind doing the first tournament myself so I think you guys should be battling against each other by wednesday night.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2224 on: January 20, 2017, 11:19:23 pm »
Did we ever get all the answers about course conditions setup determined?  I think this is what we were thinking each setting meant, though I don't think we knew that they were all working.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2225 on: January 21, 2017, 12:01:51 am »
I remember we tested a lot of settings.  We nailed everything if I remember right except time of day.  I think that one had people wondering if things were really changing.  But cloud cover was effecting peoples opinions.  Guess everybody will just have to play a tournament and judge for themselves.

Server status.......database replicated, code currently being modified for external server.

Joe, Tim, in the next few days I will need to know your IP addresses.  Just type "whats my ip address" in google and it will give it to you.  Send that to me over pm.  I need them so I can open the firewall and grant you access to the database server.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2226 on: January 21, 2017, 05:51:39 am »
I remember we tested a lot of settings.  We nailed everything if I remember right except time of day.  I think that one had people wondering if things were really changing.  But cloud cover was effecting peoples opinions.  Guess everybody will just have to play a tournament and judge for themselves.

Server status.......database replicated, code currently being modified for external server.

Joe, Tim, in the next few days I will need to know your IP addresses.  Just type "whats my ip address" in google and it will give it to you.  Send that to me over pm.  I need them so I can open the firewall and grant you access to the database server.

Hey mate doesnt the IP address change every time you connect to the internet unless you pay for a static IP??
I do have static IP i think for one of my security cameras but no sure if my pc is or any of my routers??

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2227 on: January 21, 2017, 07:40:59 am »
Correct, almost all home internet service providers are dynamic, but the lease time they use is normally very very long.  The original server was hosted out of my house with a dynamic ip address.  Yes, your internal ip that gets assigned by your router has a very short lease time, but that is not the number I need.  I need the WAN side ip, hence the need to query google for it.

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2228 on: January 21, 2017, 11:44:32 pm »
Any ideas what would cause my CRT monitor to all of a sudden go dim.  When I turn the game on now you can barley see the golfer or the course.  I turned my brightness all the way up and it looks washed out... any ideas on how to fix this problem. 

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2229 on: January 22, 2017, 01:05:31 am »
Any ideas what would cause my CRT monitor to all of a sudden go dim.  When I turn the game on now you can barley see the golfer or the course.  I turned my brightness all the way up and it looks washed out... any ideas on how to fix this problem.
Nevermind.  Got it fixed

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2230 on: January 23, 2017, 03:13:16 am »
Well, the modifications to the server code have been made and everything has been uploaded.  The leaderboard and tournament results pages are working.  That should mean machines can register and connect right now.  I need to put my pga machine back together to test this but if any of you guys want to try and register now be my guest.

Everybody will need to edit the machines hosts file AFTER running my old patcher disk to point their machine to the new server.  Patcher points it to the old server.  Edit the file c:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and change the ip address associated with pga4.globalvr.com to 54.153.0.232

You can see the leaderboards at:
54.153.0.232/WT_Leaderboards.aspx
54.153.0.232/Tournament_Leaderboards.aspx

Ill start putting my machine back together, let me know if any early adopters have success connecting.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2231 on: January 23, 2017, 06:38:20 am »
Tried to call in and fatal error occured ha ha WTF powering to try again and machine died ummm not sure what the issue is??

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2232 on: January 23, 2017, 06:43:17 am »
Cant get my machine to stay powered up it always shuts down after game loads or as its loading? Ummm strange

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2233 on: January 23, 2017, 07:04:35 am »
Oh well after first attempt and fatel error machine always switches off once it gets to attract screen?? Hope others have better luck than me. Any thoughts lee??

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2234 on: January 23, 2017, 08:17:50 am »
Server shouldnt cause a fatal error.  Especially if the call in failed.  No problem, Ill have my machine back together in a day or two.  Thanks for trying Joe.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2235 on: January 23, 2017, 06:29:11 pm »
Server shouldnt cause a fatal error.  Especially if the call in failed.  No problem, Ill have my machine back together in a day or two.  Thanks for trying Joe.
Not sure whats going on call in didnt fail as got the fatel error has it was trying to connect to the server. Will give it a good once over today and try again.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2236 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:07 am »
100% complete call but failed.

So close!! Urghhhh!!!

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2237 on: January 24, 2017, 07:39:03 am »
Not bad for right out of the box.  Almost there.  Were you calling in like your machine was already registered or were you attempting to re-register?

If you were doing a normal call in then has anything changed on your machine since it last called in?  If you deregistered, installed AAP, new software, anything like that then you must reregister.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 10:26:30 pm
« Reply #2238 on: January 24, 2017, 08:21:28 am »
Hey guys, you don't need to use old obsolete mainboards or IDE drives or even old Graphics boards. Our current builds use Asus H61 mainboards (as they have parallel ports on-board), 32gig SSD drives and Nvidia 610 graphics cards, 2gigs ram and a plain Pentium G3020 dual core processor, but even i3 i5 or i7 will also work. Everyting works 100% with that hardware setup, and is blazing fast. You just need to make a few tweaks in the bios and run a patch on the registry to make XPe think that SP3 is installed. That's it.
Hi mate, did you happen to have any more specific information on this? I'm sure that there are a number of people with busted PGA PC's that would be interested in the bios tweaks and registry patch you mentioned.

Cheers.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 10:26:30 pm
« Reply #2239 on: January 24, 2017, 08:24:16 am »
Well, the modifications to the server code have been made and everything has been uploaded.  The leaderboard and tournament results pages are working.  That should mean machines can register and connect right now.  I need to put my pga machine back together to test this but if any of you guys want to try and register now be my guest.

Everybody will need to edit the machines hosts file AFTER running my old patcher disk to point their machine to the new server.  Patcher points it to the old server.  Edit the file c:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and change the ip address associated with pga4.globalvr.com to 54.153.0.232

You can see the leaderboards at:
54.153.0.232/WT_Leaderboards.aspx
54.153.0.232/Tournament_Leaderboards.aspx

Ill start putting my machine back together, let me know if any early adopters have success connecting.
Hey Boost/Lee, great to see you back. Really appreciate the work that you have/are putting into this!

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk