Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539461 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:55 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1960 on: February 29, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »
just drill the lock out or pry the door open. new 3/4" locks are like 4 bucks from the smithy.

Kilahill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2016, 03:12:03 pm
  • Modifying my already modified modifications
« Reply #1961 on: February 29, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »
(sigh)...

When I got my cabinet a few days ago, it wasn't turning on when I turned the rest of the machine on.  Well, it was missing the CMOS battery.  So, I replaced it with a 2032 battery.  But, when I turn on the PC, it just beeps and beeps and beeps, and nothing happens, won't start up or anything.  The PC turns on, but doesn't boot, not even to the BIOS screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1962 on: February 29, 2016, 11:12:41 pm »
Hi Tim
Try reseating everything from the ram to the video card. If the ram has a spare slot change ram to that spare slot. See if that lets you get into the bios as you need to change bios in power settings to get it to turn on automatically on power up.

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1963 on: February 29, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »
Hey, Spitfire...

It wasn't any of that.  But, I did fix it.  I just turned it on, kept hitting the reset button until it wouldn't beep anymore, lol.  It worked!  Now when I turn on the whole cabinet, the PC powers on with it (like it's supposed to, lol).

Good grief, this is a lot of work, lol.

Now I just need to find the AAP .ISO, or suck it up and pay the $17 on Global VR's website to buy it.

Now, I don't need to have ANY online access to install the AAP, right?  I have Team Challenge on there now.

Thanks,

Tim

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 01:28:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1964 on: March 01, 2016, 11:07:54 am »
One more question...
I am not able to get high rpm's with my current trackball, and it seems to pull left.  I'm going to try and take it apart tonight and clean it.  If that doesn't work, are the Golden Tee track ball assemblies and direct swap out or is it not compatible with PGA?
Thanks

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1965 on: March 01, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »
Jakerod,

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, Golden Tee trackballs will be the same exact Happ trackballs.  So, all mounting and wiring should be exactly the same.

But, give it a good clean, first.  Use some 3 in 1 oil on the bearings and you should be all good.  If that doesn't help, the bearings might need to be replaced.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1966 on: March 01, 2016, 03:28:36 pm »
Got my AAP disk to finaly patch my old online version of TC. Had to use the dongle emulator which seems to work just fine. Just keep getting the warning screen about not connecting in the last 72 hours. Nice to have my courses back.

Feeling more confident after getting the dongle emulator and AAP patch installed onto my old "World Tour Online" hard drive. I decided to reinstall TC on my new hard drive. I now have my AAP running again and no connect notice.
Guess I'll keep the other drive waiting in case we ever figure out how to play online again.

Had a pretty good first round.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:43:32 pm by TimBoch »

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 10:26:30 pm
« Reply #1967 on: March 01, 2016, 03:37:23 pm »
I'm happy to look at hosting a server if it doesn't look like Boost will be back.

From a software perspective, does anyone know where to start? Did Boost have access to some of the Global VR server software, or was the entire thing reverse engineered?

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1968 on: March 02, 2016, 04:14:47 pm »
Alright, I'm really gonna need your help here...

Picked up a machine.  Once in awhile the computer would beep forever, but nothing would show on the screen.  If I push reset a couple of times, sometimes it would work and boot up normally.  Yesterday, it wouldn't boot up at all.  Just the stupid beeping.  I took the PC out, I did every test you can imagine to try to fix it, to no avail.  I have a spare PC with the same exact MOBO, video card and other components that was in the one inside the machine.  I swapped out the MOBO, same thing, constant beeping, moved RAM all around, tried different RAM, and nothing.  Cleaned out the whole inside of the PC, reseated everything numerous times, NOTHING.  Everything turns on.  All fans spin, including the video card.  I swapped out the power supply, got nothing.  I even replaced the CMOS battery.

Now I don't get the beeping at all.  Everything starts up, but now no beeping, and of course, nothing post on the screen.  The chances that BOTH MOBOs are bad are astronomical.  Now I can't even hear the HDD spin up when I turn the PC on.  But, even if the HDD went bad, the BIOS would still post something on the screen...  So, even if I have a bad HDD, that wouldn't make the PC act this way.

I will mess around with swapping a couple more things tonight, but I'm sure nothing will work.

This all being said...  If I were to have to buy a new PC, does anyone have a suggestion for one that will guarantee to work with PGA Tour software?  Will any GX260 and GX280 work?  No matter that some of the specs on them are different (like processor speed and such)?  I just don't want to waste $100 or so if it's not going to work.

Please, I'm begging for input here.  Especially a PC that is guaranteed to work with PGA Tour.

Thank you,

Tim

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1969 on: March 02, 2016, 06:51:32 pm »
Well, it seems to be both of the MOBOs are bad. 

Does anyone have an extra they want to sell?

Thanks,

Tim

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1970 on: March 03, 2016, 05:24:53 am »
Well, it seems to be both of the MOBOs are bad. 

Does anyone have an extra they want to sell?

Thanks,

Tim
Hi Tim different beeps at startup mean different things are they short are they long and how many is what you need to tell us as it identifies exactly what the problem is. Saying this have you tried a different video card? As you never mentioned this in your post and they are the first thing to go and you will get nothing displayed if it's bad. 
Also I have a gx260 running Pga team challenge with very little modification needed other than some sound drivers and xp drivers added.

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1971 on: March 03, 2016, 09:18:51 am »
What size trackballs are used on the PGA arcades?
Thanks

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1972 on: March 03, 2016, 09:21:25 am »
What size trackballs are used on the PGA arcades?
Thanks

Jake, 3" trackballs are the standard size.  I'd only get a Happ trackball, if I were you.

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2017, 08:52:01 am
« Reply #1973 on: March 03, 2016, 11:31:55 am »
Does anyone have the AAP iso i know a couple of us are looking for it now the server is down?

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1974 on: March 03, 2016, 11:34:43 am »
Does anyone have the AAP iso i know a couple of us are looking for it now the server is down?

I just acquired the AAP .ISO.  It's only like 8mb.  How would you like me to send it to you?

Thanks,

Tim

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1975 on: March 03, 2016, 11:48:56 am »
Hello All,
A while back in this forum and also on the FB page, Joe had asked for people to better identify themselves and where they were from.  This was helpful to know who was playing the World Tour and Tournaments. I took that information and added it to an Excel file that I have been using to data base stuff about the game and also create conditions for tournaments and stuff.  There have been many new names in the last few months and if you are willing, I would like to update the list. Never know, maybe someday we can all compete online again.

Attached is an example.  Thanks for any info you provide. 

Tim Boche (TimBoch) Farmington, MN USA
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:10:11 pm by TimBoch »

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
Needed, Solo thread to start a new online tournament group.
« Reply #1976 on: March 03, 2016, 11:31:37 pm »
fir3b0x, that would be awesome if you started your own server deally job so we can play tournaments again! The threads get lost in messages but for a lot of us its a priority, MISS IT!!!!!!! Let's do it!!! :applaud: 

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1977 on: March 04, 2016, 03:36:19 am »
Thanks Bev, would love to but hoping that there was some information about the server software itself. Does anyone know if Boost had access to GlobalVR's server software, or did he create his server software from scratch?

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1978 on: March 04, 2016, 09:10:00 am »
Pretty sure Boost built the server on his own. Not sure what information his patch contains, but that is the only file that was used to make a machine connect to the Private Server instead of GlobalVR.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1979 on: March 04, 2016, 03:28:37 pm »
Pretty sure Boost built the server on his own. Not sure what information his patch contains, but that is the only file that was used to make a machine connect to the Private Server instead of GlobalVR.
Thanks Tim, and wow, building from scratch is significantly more work than having a base to start with.

I believe the patch was just making a hosts file modification to "trick" the cabs to connect to Boosts server. This unfortunately is the easy bit!

I'm guessing that Boost was just inspecting the requests the cabs were making to the server for various functions, and "filled in the gaps" so to speak?

I may be able to have a crack at this, but can't make any promises I'll succeed.

If your still out there Boost, and willing, I'd love to get hold of the server code you have put together, and then direct my effort into making sure we have a working server accessible for the community, with as much uptime as possible. I have no interest in stealing glory or taking credit for your awesome work so far, I just want a server available for me and all my byoac mates to keep playing this awesome game.

Building from scratch is definitely not an easy task, and will no doubt be quite time consuming.

If this is the only way to move forward however, then so be it. I will have to approach this as I do with many things that seem hard or impossible by simply asking "how hard could it be?"

Cheers,
Scott.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:31:12 pm by fir3b0x »

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1980 on: March 04, 2016, 05:58:37 pm »
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1981 on: March 04, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »
Just don't understand why boost has disappeared like this deleting his profile and email address. He has for. It in the past but always was able to send him an email.

Yep can't bring myself to play golf anymore now that the server is down and we are not playing against each other or for a spot on the leaderboard. Just doesn't feel right anymore. Would be great if someone could get it up and running again however it's well out of my league. I wish you luck scott but if one person has done it we know it's possible!!!

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #1982 on: March 05, 2016, 12:27:16 am »
Spitfire
yes u can do alot more of the leg work then u think u can. :cheers:
as i stated before..
now i often have to think when i look at my first post's about ($ea sports)
and pga golf,why they brought the turnnie's back so fast ?? after killing it ??
lord they even went as far as letting out a app,to add..s/w,a hack if u will..
gee i said do this that,set this up that up,away u go!!!!!  i stated that in a thread,the 1 i started by a simple (video-card-swap-question)
u did it by telling ppl about the (hash) routine (dongle),usage

personal take is boost either worked for $ea-sports
or got the same little  hey there mate..

it's not hard to change the cab id's
it's not hard to mask the vpn
it's a little tough to change the country code,(if u do not secure it down)thanks fir3b0x.for the pointer

my other take on boost is win10 and cloud server..have been thinking that way for a few week's
as i run crappy xp,yes xp,but i cannot trust 10 to lock me into my dos stuff...

server over head in canada is large..

with that out of the way
i know u can do all of it
but the server part..
U NEED TO NAIL THAT 1 DOWN

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1983 on: March 05, 2016, 02:31:10 am »
I hate to say it but we have now come full circle!! Ha ha ha ha :banghead: :hissy:

vespertillio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:15:40 pm
« Reply #1984 on: March 05, 2016, 10:12:35 am »
I'm still new but after starting to read this thread about a month ago, there is a bit of deja vu now.

Good luck on your server build Scott. We are alll rooting for you.

Boost, wherever you are; thank you for all of your efforts. I hope you are enjoying a cold one somewhere with your family. Best to you and yours.

I hope to be playing a round with all of this board in the near future.

V

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

--Don't count your weasles until they pop, dink!--
--I don't really like my friends.
Yeah, I don't really like your friends either.--
-Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're ---gosh-darn--- right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- were.-

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1985 on: March 05, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »
Hey V until Boost came along mate all we did was go around in circles it was very frustrating and he delivered with the holy grail of online play in very little time where others only talked about it or spoke in riddles. I also hope Chuck is ok and he will return one day and let the good times of online play roll again!!  I do wish anyone else with the skills to do so all the luck with getting another server running and I will help in any way I can. So good luck Jason or who ever else is capable. But I will not be returning to the days of old of false promises and going around in circles as that bit of déjà Vu is scraring me a lot!! Ha ha ha

BOOST CHUCK WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US AGAIN!!!! :angry: PLEASE  :censored: COME BACK  :burgerking:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:43:25 am by Spitfire »

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1986 on: March 06, 2016, 10:48:15 am »
Played on the "very hard" setting last night.  Makes putting a lot harder.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1987 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:39 am »
Played on the "very hard" setting last night.  Makes putting a lot harder.
I have mine set to 4 (hard) because that seems to be about the right size hole. Setting 3 (normal) which is what the tournaments and WT were set at, made the hole look like an ice cream bucket, but setting 5 (very hard) make the hole look like a thimble with the flag almost filling up the entire hole. It is very challenging, but not very realistic. Of course, shooting -20 isn't very realistic either ;)

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1988 on: March 06, 2016, 12:43:42 pm »
If anyone can please tell me what the hell Ed is trying to say, that would be nice.  My God dude, slow down, breathe, and think about what you're typing.  Have you even passed the sixth grade?  No one is going to take you seriously if we can't even decipher what you're trying to say.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1989 on: March 06, 2016, 06:38:12 pm »
Ed speaks in a coder speak, quick and not easy to follow.  For most of us on this forum we are your everyday arcade user (Geek(Self Proclaimed)).  For those who have taken the time to get us up and running (Boost) and those who are trying to tackle it now, we truly appreciate it.  My goal when I purchased my setup was to just add another game to be shared with my kids, but the ability to talk ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- with those on the leaderboard made it a little better.  You arent going to get a straight answer that you can follow, but I appreciate your willingness to break Eds code (postings).

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1990 on: March 06, 2016, 06:45:13 pm »
If anyone can please tell me what the hell Ed is trying to say, that would be nice.  My God dude, slow down, breathe, and think about what you're typing.  Have you even passed the sixth grade?  No one is going to take you seriously if we can't even decipher what you're trying to say.
I thought those days of feeling dizzy after reading one of Eds posts were gone ha ha ha Why boost??? Just makes no sense!!! :dizzy:

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1991 on: March 06, 2016, 06:49:28 pm »
Any of you attempting to setup server, download boost patch and than extract files via 7zip.  There is a setting for host and IP address inside.  I am unsure if these are update or replaced with your server we would be able to connect.  I am sure it isnt this simple but I just went poking around to see what was in it.
Jason

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:55 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #1992 on: March 07, 2016, 02:10:50 am »
All the patch contains is an edit to point the game to a different server hosted by boost.

As far as the game thinks,  it's still connecting to a legit EA/GVR server.

All the legwork is on boosts end where the server doles out the data the cab is looking for.

Not sure what's happened to boost,  he posted over in merit/jvl touchscreen games a while back looking to hack up an online server for megatouch...seeing if there was any interest.  That was theast I heard Of him :(

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1993 on: March 07, 2016, 03:21:46 am »
Hello

It surely was nice playing online.   :cry:

I have a couple of AAP Dongles if any one is interested in buying one.  Let me know.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1994 on: March 07, 2016, 04:59:58 pm »
Hello

I have a couple of AAP Dongles if any one is interested in buying one.  Let me know.
Yes it would have been nice being on top of every leaderboard. Maybe you got rid of Boost so you could remain the undisputed champion of online golf!! :angry: ha ha

digdug3030

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2016, 08:35:04 pm
  • LetsBuildItThenWreckIt!
« Reply #1995 on: March 07, 2016, 07:59:24 pm »
gvdvdyver--- How much for a dongle AAP???
982y3956928ty fhgbjk

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1996 on: March 08, 2016, 05:23:18 am »
Hello

Yes it would have been nice being on top of every leaderboard. Maybe you got rid of Boost so you could remain the undisputed champion of online golf!! :angry: ha ha

Maybe I did get rid of boost, but you will never know.   hahahahh

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1997 on: March 08, 2016, 05:28:11 am »
gvdvdyver--- How much for a dongle AAP???

How about 60$ excluding postage

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1998 on: March 10, 2016, 12:18:59 am »
I hate to say it but we have now come full circle!! Ha ha ha ha :banghead: :hissy:

DAMNIT!!!!!! I want to play online again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1999 on: March 10, 2016, 01:04:24 am »
Alright, guys, I need help...  PLEASE!

So, I got a Dell GX260.  Installed everything, including drivers.  Game runs great.  But, the trackball and sound do not work.  The buttons work, but not the trackball.

I am SO confused, and have been working on this for HOURS.  I just don't understand what is going wrong.

Please...  Any help?  Suggestions?

Thank you,

Tim