Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 538958 times)

edowen55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1880 on: February 01, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »
Jason,

Here's what I've got:

PGA TM Challenge - US
H4 M1   5.0
EMMMQ  205289

Championship III
HASP4 M1   1.5
EMMMQ  UK 251126

vespertillio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:15:40 pm
« Reply #1881 on: February 01, 2016, 03:55:50 pm »
Hey all. I've been wanting to get one of these for a while and now I think I can. I'm thinking about purchasing this one. Will it work for tournament play? I have not seen it in person and am in negotiations at this time. IS there anything I should look for? Thanks all.

--Don't count your weasles until they pop, dink!--
--I don't really like my friends.
Yeah, I don't really like your friends either.--
-Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're ---gosh-darn--- right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- were.-

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1882 on: February 01, 2016, 04:56:26 pm »
The marquee says team challenge all access, but confirm with the main screen.  If it is a team challenge all access it works perfect, just have to downgrade software.  The dongle is the same so don't need another.  Confirm computer has dongle on it, although we can re=un an emulator it is good to have. Other things to see if card reader works, test can be performed in operators menu.  The rest can be fixed with a little work.
This is my 2 cents when looking at PGA cabs.
Jason

vespertillio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1883 on: February 01, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »
Jason. Thank you for the reply. I'll have him check. Where is the dongle located? I'll see if he can get a couple pictures. Will he have to have a card to test the card reader?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

-Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're ---gosh-darn--- right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- were.-

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1884 on: February 01, 2016, 07:09:44 pm »
Dongle located on back of computer, operator s button inside coin door leads to screen for testing card reader.
Jason

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
« Reply #1885 on: February 01, 2016, 09:35:58 pm »
Hey all, been awhile since I have been on here but seems like a lot has happened as I now see leaderboards on all courses. I was one of the first to beta the connectivity of the server but cant seem to get my name to show up on the leaderboard. Was there something else that needed to be done to get this to happen? Im also looking to get some artwork done for my glass, wondering if anyone out there is capable (wanting wet application only)

Thanks
Hi 96 glad to see you back mate. Once you play a game on world tour and then call in you score and name should automatically be updated on the world tour leaderboard. If your nick isnt there after call in it may show up as no name if so you may have been registered twice I think. If you send boost your player login number and nick you want he can fix this for you. However he is under family lock up at the moment due to a new born baby. I think their was another fix posted but can't remember how. May be worth re running the online patcher. This will issue you with a new nick and number once you register again but you also need to start world tour again.

Thanks Spit, I will take a closer look and see if my name is being uploaded after the next call.

Im also looking for someone that does vinyl work, looking specifically vinyl for wet application, I make too many mistakes and really want to be able to situate before affixing to the glass

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #1886 on: February 02, 2016, 03:48:25 pm »
 PGA Challenge
HASP4 M1 1.5
EMMMQ Uk 276525

Champ Ed 1
HASP4 M1 1.5
EMMMQ KG 97678

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1887 on: February 02, 2016, 07:02:58 pm »
Thanks Guys

Thank you for posting your dongle #s but after a few days of emails, the only way to determine version of dongle is to send them back to customer support. Have not decided if thats what i am going to do, but would tell me what cds i need.  I also learned this week that challenge is different than team challenge.  Great now i have one more dongle to track down.
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1888 on: February 02, 2016, 11:11:11 pm »
Hey all, been awhile since I have been on here but seems like a lot has happened as I now see leaderboards on all courses. I was one of the first to beta the connectivity of the server but cant seem to get my name to show up on the leaderboard. Was there something else that needed to be done to get this to happen? Im also looking to get some artwork done for my glass, wondering if anyone out there is capable (wanting wet application only)

Thanks
Hi 96 glad to see you back mate. Once you play a game on world tour and then call in you score and name should automatically be updated on the world tour leaderboard. If your nick isnt there after call in it may show up as no name if so you may have been registered twice I think. If you send boost your player login number and nick you want he can fix this for you. However he is under family lock up at the moment due to a new born baby. I think their was another fix posted but can't remember how. May be worth re running the online patcher. This will issue you with a new nick and number once you register again but you also need to start world tour again.

Thanks Spit, I will take a closer look and see if my name is being uploaded after the next call.

Im also looking for someone that does vinyl work, looking specifically vinyl for wet application, I make too many mistakes and really want to be able to situate before affixing to the glass

Hey 96 STPCore does that kind of stuff. I would pm him mate

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1889 on: February 03, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »
Looking for iso of PGA Challenge disk (050-0085-01)  and recovery disk (050-0072-01).  These have a pic of golf bag on the disc.
*looking for any challenge disk (not team challenge)
Dont make me buy the off ebay, someone has them!!
Thanks
Jason
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:09:26 pm by yukonblaze »

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #1890 on: February 08, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »
I tried burning the restore disc 3 times. Keep getting the same error. Disc Boot Failure, Insert system disk

Torin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2021, 11:57:56 am
« Reply #1891 on: February 08, 2016, 03:56:12 pm »
Have there been any recent tournaments?  My power supply went down and I'm now back up and running. 

It doesn't look like Boost has been on here for a while and I was wondering if this is still ongoing.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1892 on: February 08, 2016, 11:10:11 pm »
Have there been any recent tournaments?  My power supply went down and I'm now back up and running. 

It doesn't look like Boost has been on here for a while and I was wondering if this is still ongoing.
Hi Torin busy times all round. Boost as a new born so he is on family duties so no new tournaments but world tour is still running. Hopefully want be too long before he returns and some new tournaments will start. Saying that I haven't played for a while so need to get some practice in. Hopefully work slows down as miss my golf!!

Jthain

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2016, 12:13:03 pm
« Reply #1893 on: February 09, 2016, 11:02:18 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone know why when I turn on the cabinet switch on my machine, everything starts up except the computer?  I need to reach around to the front of the tower and press the power button.  If I turn the system off for a couple seconds and back on, the computer starts. If I let is go about 20 seconds or more, I need to manually push the button on the front.

thanks all!

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1894 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:13 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone know why when I turn on the cabinet switch on my machine, everything starts up except the computer?  I need to reach around to the front of the tower and press the power button.  If I turn the system off for a couple seconds and back on, the computer starts. If I let is go about 20 seconds or more, I need to manually push the button on the front.

thanks all!

I had the same problem and it was my bios battery.  Seems to be a common problem as the  PC are aging.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1895 on: February 11, 2016, 05:12:48 pm »
Think I will put my Championship 1 drive back in for this weekend and play the courses played on tour.  Too bad we can't get these iconic courses into TC.  If anyone would like me to set up conditions for a tournament let me know. I was thinking Edgewood Tahoe would be a nice fit.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1896 on: February 11, 2016, 06:04:23 pm »
Hi Jthain welcome mate. Has Tim said its your bios battery replace that with new one and then you must go into your bios on reboot so connect a keyboard before hand once there you have to go to the power settings and make sure turn on on power loss is selected this will solve ur problem.

Tim sorry I haven't sent you the players folders it has been a crazy start to the year and haven't played a golf game yet. Will try my best to get to it over the weekend. Hate this time of year to much work!! Urghhh!! :banghead:

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1897 on: February 11, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »
No worries Joe. I haven't played much myself. Had I remembered that championship 1 had TPC Scottsdale,  I could have played along with the pros last week.  Wish I could find a championship 3 dongle and try and install that one. I wonder why the Championship series has crowds, but the TC and AAP only have tournament objects. Think I would rather have the crowds.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:28:42 pm by TimBoch »

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1898 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:00 pm »
  In the process of dumping challenge dongle, but game shuts itself down each time another program attempts to run.  There is a .bat file that kills all running apps.  Tried to minimize the window and work in background but no go.  Anyone have any ideas how to allow it to run minimized so I can run dumper??  Have also attemped running second monitor but was a no go as well.  Going to give it another go with second monitor this weekend.

Jason

Jthain

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2016, 12:13:03 pm
« Reply #1899 on: February 14, 2016, 08:29:06 am »
Hi Jthain welcome mate. Has Tim said its your bios battery replace that with new one and then you must go into your bios on reboot so connect a keyboard before hand once there you have to go to the power settings and make sure turn on on power loss is selected this will solve ur problem.

Tim sorry I haven't sent you the players folders it has been a crazy start to the year and haven't played a golf game yet. Will try my best to get to it over the weekend. Hate this time of year to much work!! Urghhh!! :banghead:

Thanks guys! I changed out the CMOS battery and fixed all my issues! 

Biglou27

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 07:37:59 pm
« Reply #1900 on: February 17, 2016, 04:00:47 pm »
Anyone else having connection errors?

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #1901 on: February 18, 2016, 12:15:31 am »
Yep, tonight no tournament connection everything is gone what happened?   :dunno

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1902 on: February 18, 2016, 01:43:10 am »
Hello

I had the same issue last night. My guess is the server is down.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1903 on: February 18, 2016, 05:40:15 am »
Yep it's down I think. Facebook saying lots of storms in the area. Will send boost an email see if he is ok and to check server??

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1904 on: February 18, 2016, 05:49:20 am »
---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- tried to email him and send a pm and both not going through!!!

Boost if your out there mate please put us out of our misery!!!  :cry:

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #1905 on: February 18, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »
Ya, I'm getting close to getting on some leader boards!!!!!!! Well not really but hey!  :cheers:

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1906 on: February 19, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »
  Time to make my weekly request:
 Does/Has any have PGA Champ II Dongle (Dump)??

Only version missing as of right now.  Want to load each and try each.  Can trade ya a Dongle dump!!

Thanks
Jason

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1907 on: February 19, 2016, 03:52:43 pm »
Since the online function is not working at this time,  I decided to reconnect my AAP hard drive so I could play all the courses. Got the bad news that it couldn't boot from this drive.  So I tried to restore the installation.  This also failed. So I thought I'd start over with a new hard drive.  Installation  went fine until I tried to install the AAP patch. Got an unexpected screen saying I would need 5o unregister my cabinet. Then reboot and install the patch.  How would a completely new installation on a totally different hard drive think my cabinet is still registered? So I went into the user menus to unregister the cabinet and only had the option to try and test the connection or return to main menu. So I'm now unplugging the whole machine and letting it sitand ttrying to reinstall.  Istthere any other way to unregister?

Things are getting weird.

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2016, 03:12:03 pm
  • Modifying my already modified modifications
« Reply #1908 on: February 19, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »
Alright, I am new to this forum, and this topic...  So please bare with me.

Next week my neighbor and I will be picking up a PGA Tour Golf cabinet.  I believe it's the first version, it has 12 courses.  It's not for me, it's for my neighbor, I already have a MAME cabinet that I recently built.

A couple of questions:

1.  He will be paying $400 for it.  That seems like a great price, am I right?

2.  It also comes with an extra computer WITH dongle, software and brand new video card.  Could I hook that up in my MAME cabinet and play it?

3.  My neighbor would like to use the cabinet to play the PGA Golf, but ALSO have me convert it to play MAME games (with another PC inside for MAME)....  Which sounded like it would work...  until about 10 minutes ago when I thought to myself "wait, how would I have the trackball and buttons hooked up to TWO PC's at a time?"  Is this possible?  Am I over thinking it?  Any ideas?

I have some more questions...  But I will wait for answers to these first.

I guess the biggest dilemma I can think of is having all the arcade controls connected to the PGA Tour PC like it is (by default) AND connect the trackball (and some of the same buttons plus the two joysticks) to the MAME PC at the same time.  Ok, I KNOW HOW to do this, just connect both sets of wires at the same time, which will work.  But, is there something I would be missing?  Any sort of interference?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Tim

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1909 on: February 19, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »
Well nothing is working. I can't unregister the cabinet to install the AAP patch. I even tried to unregister the version of TC that was patched to Boosts server,  but since that isn't working I'm stuck with a registered cabinet and $300 with of AAP courses I can't play either. Is it the memory of the PC or possibly the ddongle that thinks the cabinet is registered even after a clean install on a never before used hard drive?

Got me.  Pretty frustrated.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:22:44 pm by TimBoch »

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1910 on: February 19, 2016, 06:44:40 pm »
Cant remeber off hand, but was work around on earlier post after boost set up patch.
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1911 on: February 20, 2016, 08:27:17 am »
Well nothing is working. I can't unregister the cabinet to install the AAP patch. I even tried to unregister the version of TC that was patched to Boosts server,  but since that isn't working I'm stuck with a registered cabinet and $300 with of AAP courses I can't play either. Is it the memory of the PC or possibly the ddongle that thinks the cabinet is registered even after a clean install on a never before used hard drive?

Got me.  Pretty frustrated.

Hi Tim

Your problem is in your dongle! It saves when you have registered your machine. If I can remember what you need to do is run the game without the dongle first then then when it asks for the dongle. Power down insert dongle and run game again this will fix ur problem

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1912 on: February 20, 2016, 08:39:18 am »
Tim mate found exactly what you have to do. Very important trouble shooting for anyone try to reinstall any game on their machine with the same dongle. Even when you try to connect to the server when it's back up and running.

While the game is running, You have to unplug dongle, attempt modem test, go back to main menu, it says unregistered, plug dongle back in and then register like new. Works like a charm and will register again as normal.

Or in your case once it says unregistered Tim power down now your dongle will be seen as unregistered and you can reinstall AAP to ur machine.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1913 on: February 20, 2016, 08:42:39 am »
Hey Kilahill welcome mate. The only why I see it can be done is splicing all control wiring to both machines. No interference should occur as you will either be playing one or the other PC..

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1914 on: February 20, 2016, 09:41:53 am »
Thanks Joe. I had found Sherman8ors solution late last night and added it to my extensive and much outdate notes from this thread. I will give the dongle removal a try.  Your assurance makes me feel much better about this process and I too think will help remind anyone having the same issue. I wonder if a "Sticky" at the top of the tread might be helpful for these very important issues.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1915 on: February 20, 2016, 04:08:15 pm »
Tim mate found exactly what you have to do. Very important trouble shooting for anyone try to reinstall any game on their machine with the same dongle. Even when you try to connect to the server when it's back up and running.

While the game is running, You have to unplug dongle, attempt modem test, go back to main menu, it says unregistered, plug dongle back in and then register like new. Works like a charm and will register again as normal.

Or in your case once it says unregistered Tim power down now your dongle will be seen as unregistered and you can reinstall AAP to ur machine.
Well tried this a dozen times today and even though it shows as unregistered after doing the test, I turn off the cabinet. Plug the dongle back in and as it is loading I insert the AAP patch disk and it comes up with the same screen saying the cabinet needs to be unregistered and I have no way to do that since I have only the 2 options as Sherman8tor mentioned. Does the dongle need to go in prior to the cabinet being powered down? I am pretty sure that is what I was doing yesterday already, but figure I'd ask smarter minds than mine.  It seems no matter what I do, my cabinet comes up as registered and needing to restore.
Will I need to get a different dongle to try and get AAP running again?

Very frustrating.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1916 on: February 20, 2016, 08:29:28 pm »
Hi Tim once you take the dongle out and then do a modem test and it comes up as unregistered I would suggest you put your dongle back in and do another modem test to make sure that ur dongle has been rewritten as unregistered as per what is seen in the machines settings screen. To be sure I would also play a round of golf with the dongle still in as it needs to write this new unregistered information to the dongle.

It seems that the machine is showing it as unregistered but your not putting the dongle in the machine after this or not allowing the new unregistered state to be written to the dongle. Try as explained and hopefully it will work. Good luck!!

Boost SERVER DOWN MATE SERVER DOWN!!! Ha ha ha HELP US OBI ONE YOUR OUR ONLY HOPE!!!  :banghead:

vespertillio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1917 on: February 21, 2016, 12:28:39 am »
Hey all.  The machine I wanted buy had the monitor go out. The operator tried a LCD tv but he said it didn't work. He gave up and offered it to me for free. :-) Good news is I plugged in a computer LCD and it works fine. What vizio are you folks using for your installs? Can't wait to get this up and running for one of these tournaments.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1918 on: February 21, 2016, 01:35:24 am »
Hey all.  The machine I wanted buy had the monitor go out. The operator tried a LCD tv but he said it didn't work. He gave up and offered it to me for free. :-) Good news is I plugged in a computer LCD and it works fine. What vizio are you folks using for your installs? Can't wait to get this up and running for one of these tournaments.

Good score mate. I think you USA boys are using the 29inch Vizio LCD. Fit like a glove supposedly? We in Australia don't have the luxury of buying this brand or size!!  :angry:

vespertillio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1919 on: February 21, 2016, 03:44:30 am »
I'm sorry it's not available Down Under. It looks like the 2013 version of the Razer. Found a refurbished one on Newegg. Hopefully that's the one. Ultra slim and has the vga port. Looking forward to its supposed awesomeness.