Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539427 times)

gvdvyver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1800 on: December 28, 2015, 01:54:59 am »
Hello

I will update the skill shot sheet later today and sent it through.

Joe lets do the Skype game, or are you scared?    ;D

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1801 on: December 28, 2015, 03:29:29 am »
Hello

Your a freak mate ha ha but would love to will be on tonight will look for ya and see how we go.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1802 on: December 28, 2015, 03:43:15 am »
Hello

Your a freak mate ha ha but would love to will be on tonight will look for ya and see how we go.

How many hours more or less from now? I just want to work out what time it would be on my side and be on the look out on skype

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1803 on: December 28, 2015, 04:56:23 am »
Just on there now but no new tournament? Probably still coming I guess. Looking to Skype now mate

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1804 on: December 28, 2015, 05:00:21 am »
Hello

How many hours more or less from now? I just want to work out what time it would be on my side and be on the look out on skype
9pm in Melbourne Australia. 12pm in Cape Town SA I'll be here for a while.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1805 on: December 28, 2015, 05:19:04 am »
Just on there now but no new tournament? Probably still coming I guess. Looking to Skype now mate

I also thought the new tournament not up yet. Could not see any new tournaments loaded on the website.

Boost please save us :)

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1806 on: January 01, 2016, 06:11:24 am »
Is it just me or are boosts leaderboard websites down? And Happy New Year Everyone!!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1807 on: January 01, 2016, 07:33:09 am »
Happy New Year to everyone.

Leaderboards are down.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1808 on: January 01, 2016, 10:26:01 am »
Happy New Year everyone. I noticed that the leaderboards went down about the same time that the new tournament was posted yesterday.

Also, I think that the hole is very small for being set at 4 (hard). This is the setting I use normally for non WT rounds and the hole isn't that small. To look into it, I played a round at level 5 (very hard) and the hole size, which is slightly bigger than the ball and is almost filled by the flag stick, looks more like the size for this tournament.

Looking forward to a fun filled year of online play.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1809 on: January 01, 2016, 03:33:14 pm »
I agree Tim.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1810 on: January 02, 2016, 05:08:42 am »
How does the scores look for the new year tournament?

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1811 on: January 02, 2016, 08:10:37 am »
I don't think I'd played that course before, it's tough.  I need to put in some practice rounds before I try the tournament again.  I'm afraid I'll get booted off the tour if I shoot another round like I did.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1812 on: January 02, 2016, 09:00:40 am »
Front and Back 9 is challenging. I just have never played it as 18 holes.

I shot 2 good scores out of the 5 tries

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1813 on: January 02, 2016, 05:26:26 pm »
Well, today I screwed things up in a big way.
After completing my tournament rounds and not having much more to do, I thought I would try and see how things worked with changing players names as STP and Spitfire describe. The fictional players truly drive me up a wall to look at, so I thought I would see how much work it took to navigate around.  My keyboard worked perfectly, but not my mouse, wired or USB wireless.  I tried to connect a jumpdrive and USB wireless mouse to the 2 usb ports on the front of the tower and neither would recognize.  So I burned the folder to my CDRW disk I originally used to install Boosts online patcher from. Guess what happened next....the patcher ran and reinstalled. Major dumb mistake on my part.
After everything rebooted, the fun really began.  I found my cabinet unregistered again. So I went through the steps to reregister, which went fine.  Only problem was that now my cabinet ID went from 30035 to 30039. Then more surprises as I found that I had no WT scores, long drives, putts, etc.  My player info still showed my hidden items, but no ranking.  So I resigned myself to begin my WT over.  Strange thing is that the leaderboards show my scores on them.
Will this cause a problem? or will my new scores be just added to the leaderboards with my same player name?

I don't mind starting the WT over, I just don't want to screw things up on the server.
I still would like to replace the fantasy players with players like Palmer, Nicklaus etc. But a bit spooked now.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1814 on: January 02, 2016, 06:06:22 pm »
Hey Tim I feel your pain mate. I to re registered by mistake and had to start world tour again and it is a little confusing with my old scores still there but it has no adverse effect on the server. 

Now with changing players it's a must I too hate those fantasy players even though I don't use anyone other than myself on my card but friends love playing as Tiger.  I normally don't even connect a mouse when navigating the folders as everything can be done with the keyboard but if you are using a mouse you need an old ps2 mouse plugged in I think or if usb mouse try a sub slot at the back of your PC as you know they work. Follow the instructions I have posted and it's quite a simple process. I even have my menu music as ACDC thunderstruck which adds a lot to the game ha ha

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1815 on: January 03, 2016, 06:03:04 pm »
Now with changing players it's a must I too hate those fantasy players even though I don't use anyone other than myself on my card but friends love playing as Tiger.  I normally don't even connect a mouse when navigating the folders as everything can be done with the keyboard but if you are using a mouse you need an old ps2 mouse plugged in I think or if usb mouse try a sub slot at the back of your PC as you know they work. Follow the instructions I have posted and it's quite a simple process. I even have my menu music as ACDC thunderstruck which adds a lot to the game ha ha
Thanks Joe. Is there anyway you could save your players folder and zip it up and post it here? That way I could just copy it over my existing folder and have the players you are using and get rid of the fantasy players.  I have already made a copy of the players folder and saved it to a new location on the hard drive, so I could always go back.
Also, do you have a screen shot of what your players screen looks like. Kind of curious what it looks like with different golfers.

Thanks again.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1816 on: January 04, 2016, 04:49:05 pm »
Has anyone figured out how to replace the fantasy player icons on the select page?  I've got the real player images loaded so that when you move down to one if the fantasy players, Tiger Woods shows up in the image to the right, but the avatar still shows the fantasy player.  Anyone crack that yet?  I've browsed around my hd, but nothing jumped out at me.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 10:26:30 pm
« Reply #1817 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:25 pm »
So I figured it out!! If anyone else ever runs into this problem of restore cabinet registration and it won't reregister these are the steps i did. I went to modem test in diagnostics on operator menu. Before i did the test i pulled the dongle out then did the test. The test came back failed and i finally had the option to register my cabinet because it saw it as unregistered. I then went to the connect screen did the registration steps and plugged the dongle back in before i hit connect and then bam connected to server. Man I am glad that headache is over.

Thankyou TheSherman8or!

I too was getting the registration process hanging at the 5% mark, for a cabinet that was previously registered with GlobalVR. The instructions above did the trick.

Cheers  :notworthy:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1818 on: January 05, 2016, 01:06:55 am »
Hey Tim on holidays at the moment and back in town about a weeks time so will try to do it for you then. All screen shots and files you need are in posts from me on page 34 n 35 of this thread. Take a look it's they are great.

Hey Ed now haven't been able to figure how to change the icons though it was beyond my expertease. I think it's something that Boost would be able to do. When he is back from new baby duties we will get him to add it to his list as would be great to get those icons matching the substituted players.
How's the new tournament going anyone challeng that South African freak. Been away so haven't had a chance to even come a distant second. Urghhhhaving withdrawals. Ha ha

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1819 on: January 05, 2016, 01:39:02 am »
Freak you say. hahaha

What does the scores look like? I can not see any info on the leader boards yet?

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1820 on: January 05, 2016, 06:43:17 am »
Hi guys, just got online and have a quick question - are the leaderboads just dispayed for a tournament, or should the best rounds also appear when playing a world tour course?

Cheers,
Scott.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1821 on: January 05, 2016, 05:59:07 pm »
Ed
  Icons can be changed but we need to use Anark Media.  Game comes preloaded with media player but need full anark media center.  Unable to locate a copy to try and change the icons, we would also be able to add players to the screen as well as courses (in theory that is).  The cost of the software runs between $1k to $3K.  If you can get yourself a version you should be able to peek and poke into the .ank file for game.
Jason

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1822 on: January 05, 2016, 08:01:50 pm »
Ed
  Icons can be changed but we need to use Anark Media.  Game comes preloaded with media player but need full anark media center.  Unable to locate a copy to try and change the icons, we would also be able to add players to the screen as well as courses (in theory that is).  The cost of the software runs between $1k to $3K.  If you can get yourself a version you should be able to peek and poke into the .ank file for game.
Jason

Gotcha, thanks Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1823 on: January 05, 2016, 10:41:33 pm »
Hi guys, just got online and have a quick question - are the leaderboads just dispayed for a tournament, or should the best rounds also appear when playing a world tour course?

Cheers,
Scott.
Hi Scott, boost has 2 realtime websites showing all world tour and tournament scores which for some reason are currently down. In game best scores for each world tour course show up before you play a round. Nothing shows just yet for tournament play but is on boosts to do list.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1824 on: January 06, 2016, 03:55:46 am »

Cheers,
Scott.
Hi Scott, boost has 2 realtime websites showing all world tour and tournament scores which for some reason are currently down. In game best scores for each world tour course show up before you play a round. Nothing shows just yet for tournament play but is on boosts to do list.
Excellent thanks Joe.

Cheers.

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #1825 on: January 08, 2016, 05:29:58 pm »
My PGA went tits up yesterday won't show video, does not play blind but powers up. I reseated everything changed the RAM nothing CRAP!!!! I just sent it in to a computer repair shop I'm crossing my fingers I already miss her!!!!!!!!!  :banghead:

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1826 on: January 09, 2016, 04:28:28 pm »
Picked up a few more things today. I like the marquee more than my PGA Challenge one. Not sure what I can do with the install disks, but they look like they are for versions of PGA Championship 1 and 3 and maybe the original Tour machines. I also have 2 dongles, for PGA Tour and Championship 1. I wish I knew more about what these other versions differences are. I think Championship 3 had Pebble Beach, but never remember playing it. I have one extra IDE hard drive I could try and install it on and see what I get I guess.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1827 on: January 09, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »
Hi Bev
Not of to hear about your golf PC going south. Should have held on to it for a while and we could have ran you through a few trouble shooting tips which would have hard her running again as not much to these machines. Oh well hopefully PC tech doesn't wreck it completely!! Urghhh!!

Tim championship 3 does have pebble beach on it and is the only one worth installing the rest are pretty poor versions of the game. You will need to link the machine to your original I/O control panel to be able to have any control of the game though as I don't think anyone has been able to emulate that yet.

Boost I hope we see you back here soon mate. Not the same without you and especially with the leaderboard websites down. Not that it makes any difference to us as GVD dominates every course ha ha

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #1828 on: January 09, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »
Great News, I'M BACK!!!!!! Yes next time I will check with you guys before sending it in for sure. It was a $30 repair, they reset the memory according to the bill. They liked me and put in 2gig of ram replacing my 256 gig ram which was cool. Just played Pumpkin Ridge and it was ugly, trying to at least make the scoreboard on some course!!!!!!  :cheers: 

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1829 on: January 13, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »
I was able to get the Championship 1 to install on a spare hard drive. I had to use my restore disk from my Challenge disks since the 3 I had for PGA Tour and different Championship versions wouldn't install some needed drivers. Must have to do with my PC tower.  I tried to install Championship 3, but came up with a dongle error.  I guess the Championship versions require their own dongle, unlike TC and AAP which can use the same dongle.
It was cool seeing Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and Poppy Hills. Sure wish we could figure a way to get them into TC. Timber Creek was not too bad as a fictional course, but Scorpion Ridge was much too like some Golden Tee courses.

One thing after seeing the Championship version makes me wonder is where did the crowds go in Challenge and the Team Challenge versions. They have the tournament objects like camera towers and stuff, but no people. Unless there is a setting in TC to make the people show up.

If I could find a Championship 3 dongle, I could have 5 versions of PGA Tour runnable from my machine with the simple change of a hard drive.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:41:19 am by TimBoch »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1830 on: January 14, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »
Hey all trying to source an I/O board for another Pga golf Cabinet I am trying to save from the scrap heap. Anyone have one for sale or know where I can pick one up?
Has anyone been able to bypass the I/O board somehow as that would be the answer to the lack of spare parts out there.
Thx Joe

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1831 on: January 15, 2016, 02:53:07 am »
Tim, I am very jealous. Those courses look awesome to play. I have the Champ 1 discs and a dongle at home, but I am not sure if the dongle works. I am going to try to install it over the weekend.

Spitfire. There is a amusement shop in Melbourne, Zax Amusements. http://www.zax.com.au/ I bought from them about a year ago. You can try them. Ask for the PGA Nytric Card.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:15:42 am by gvdvyver »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1832 on: January 15, 2016, 06:19:04 am »
Yes Zax does have them but they want $400-$500 for one. Very pricey.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1833 on: January 15, 2016, 01:36:29 pm »
Joe, I asked the guys about the PC towers, RAM, and control boards when I picked up the "box of stuff" I got last week. I guess they use the PCs, RAM, hard drives and control boards for use as they convert the PGA Tour cabinets to multicades they then sell.  Makes me sad to think of these PGA units that could be again played online being lost, but they are a highly ideal setup to convert I guess.

I will see if they have boards they might not be using and might consider selling.  All the other PGA stuff they have just given me as they had no use for it any more.

I have been making settings for weekly tournaments to go correspond to the PGA events, hoping that we can use them when boost finds some free time. I bet he has his hands full with his real child.

Any progress on getting a players folder created?

Pretty soon the WT leaderboards will be overtaken by yours and Gerhard's scores ;)

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1834 on: January 15, 2016, 03:52:40 pm »
Hey Tim
Have been on holidays so I haven't been playing much at all. Back to normal next week so will start playing a bit more then. Pm me your email address and I'll get round to making a copy of my players folder for you mate.
If they are converting those Pga cabinets the I/O boards won't be needed so they should have them hopefully.
Would be good to see Boost back as would love the leaderboard websites up and running and s new tournament.
Didn't get to play in the last one!! Urghhh!!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1835 on: January 19, 2016, 08:36:12 am »
Hello

Can anyone help me out with the Championship 1 rescue and installation discs? I have a dongle, but have no idea where the discs dissapeared too.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:10:40 pm by yukonblaze »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1837 on: January 19, 2016, 03:17:03 pm »
Leaderboard websites back up and running. Woo hoooo!!! Time to play some golf as its been awhile.

bbaker2824

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2016, 04:37:33 pm
« Reply #1838 on: January 19, 2016, 03:25:20 pm »
Hi guys.  I've been lurking in here off and on for a while and love the progress you've made..

I have a Challenge game and would love to unlock the access to additional courses.  From what I can tell the tournaments you setup aren't available for my machine.  Is it possible to unlock access or upgrade to team challenge so I can join in the fun?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was answered somewhere else in the thread.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1839 on: January 20, 2016, 11:51:02 am »
Hi guys.  I've been lurking in here off and on for a while and love the progress you've made..

I have a Challenge game and would love to unlock the access to additional courses.  From what I can tell the tournaments you setup aren't available for my machine.  Is it possible to unlock access or upgrade to team challenge so I can join in the fun?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was answered somewhere else in the thread.

Hi Baker

Welcome

You need the Team Challenge discs and dongle. Do you have Challenge or Team Challenge?