Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539435 times)

Spitfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1560 on: November 20, 2015, 12:04:25 am »
Hey Tim just either plug Ethernet cable straight from pc to router or as you suggested with a small link cable from pc to socket below power supply and then from socket to router.  Keep your AAP patch.  Once team challenge is loaded, follow instruction to get online with us. No need for emulator as the dongle you have should be fine.
See you on the leaderboard soon.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:06:29 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1561 on: November 20, 2015, 03:10:26 am »
One day delay in tourney release  schedule.   I have to write a program to assist me in configuring the server db for each tournament.  2160 entries have to be added to the db in order to start a tourney.  Not doing any of that by hand hahaha.
Hey mate take your time. Don't feel any pressure to get it done. We will all be here awaiting patiently for you to weave that magic once again!!! :cheers:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1562 on: November 20, 2015, 05:14:08 am »
Hey boost what does the handicap mean in WT? I currently have a hcp of 7 for all courses?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1563 on: November 20, 2015, 06:25:13 am »
Red trophy club for perfect score on Reflection -22 however already have gold clubs ha ha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1564 on: November 20, 2015, 02:09:55 pm »
Hey boost what does the handicap mean in WT? I currently have a hcp of 7 for all courses?
I saw the handicap entry in the database also.  I'm not really sure what it is used for or how it is calculated.  I see that there are different "scoring type"s in the tournament configuration section.  I'm wondering if there is a way to enable a tournament with handicap enabled.  The only way to tell is to mess around with the value and see what it does in game.  I'll make a note for the future.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1565 on: November 20, 2015, 02:14:08 pm »
One day delay in tourney release  schedule.   I have to write a program to assist me in configuring the server db for each tournament.  2160 entries have to be added to the db in order to start a tourney.  Not doing any of that by hand hahaha.
Hey mate take your time. Don't feel any pressure to get it done. We will all be here awaiting patiently for you to weave that magic once again!!! :cheers:
The tool is a major necessity.  It is taking longer than I thought to create it but it will make it easy to start new tournaments in the future and configure them as you guys want.  I envision that in the future via the web site that you guys can request the tournament you want with playing conditions as you specify.  Difficulty, wind direction, wind speed, pin location, etc etc.  Or the tool can even do random conditions.  It's a pretty awesome tool, shame nobody sees it but me hahahaha.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1566 on: November 20, 2015, 08:37:29 pm »
Got same message once, reinstalled and it went away. 
Jason
I heard back from Mark at GlobalVR and he too recommended to reinstall as no one there knows what the issue might be. I reinstalled today and this time before running the AAP patch. Tried to use my player card in game face. All seemed to go well until selecting the player to modify. I again selected player 1, the basic white guy and as it launched it then came up with the error code again, but this one had different numbers. I wish I could get a mouse to work so I could click the cancel button and see what debugging info might come up.  So I power cycled the machine and this time tried to make my game face using player 2. This worked, though it took a lot of work to change the player 2 pattern to look like me. A homely, out of shape, white guy. I was able to save to the card and all works and allows me to play and modify my player in game face.
I then installed the AAP patch and played a few rounds. Not sure why the player 1 crashes, I think I tried player 3 too yesterday which also crashed.
I wanted to try installing AAP again because I think a player card is required to play online and figured if I couldn't get game face to make a player, then playing online might never happen. My wifi repeater should arrive next week and then I plan to install Team Challenge on my extra hard drive and apply Boosts Patch and see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help.

Tim

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1567 on: November 20, 2015, 08:46:43 pm »
Got same message once, reinstalled and it went away. 
Jason
I heard back from Mark at GlobalVR and he too recommended to reinstall as no one there knows what the issue might be. I reinstalled today and this time before running the AAP patch. Tried to use my player card in game face. All seemed to go well until selecting the player to modify. I again selected player 1, the basic white guy and as it launched it then came up with the error code again, but this one had different numbers. I wish I could get a mouse to work so I could click the cancel button and see what debugging info might come up.  So I power cycled the machine and this time tried to make my game face using player 2. This worked, though it took a lot of work to change the player 2 pattern to look like me. A homely, out of shape, white guy. I was able to save to the card and all works and allows me to play and modify my player in game face.
I then installed the AAP patch and played a few rounds. Not sure why the player 1 crashes, I think I tried player 3 too yesterday which also crashed.
I wanted to try installing AAP again because I think a player card is required to play online and figured if I couldn't get game face to make a player, then playing online might never happen. My wifi repeater should arrive next week and then I plan to install Team Challenge on my extra hard drive and apply Boosts Patch and see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help.

Tim
You can get a mouse to work by just plugging a USB mouse into an unused USB port.  The only number that is useful is the thread id.  It is useful if you have a debugger up, can look at the thread pool, and have the source code.  GVR doesn't even have the source code, that is EA's.  Even if you knew exactly what code was running it's not like you can recompile the game with a fix.  What could be happening is you have a stuck bit in DDR.  Because the game executes the exact same way each time the memory it is malloc'ed will be the same.  That means all data structures will live in the exact same memory regions.  By using player 2 you are now accessing different memory.  Try this, hopefully you have 2 or more memory DIMMs in your PC.  Swap them around.  If there is a stuck bit it will move to a different memory address.  Ultimately I would really suggest putting a copy of memtest86 on a CD, booting from that, and letting it run the memory diagnostics.  For a quick test just swapping DIMMs should work.  It might still crash but it would do it in a different location.  Let me know if you decide to try it.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1568 on: November 20, 2015, 09:22:53 pm »
Yep anytime it's doing something like this it's the Ram that I will swap or replace firstly and usually fixes the problem. Had no idea why it worked though so thanks for the lesson boost. Your a very smart bloke mate!! :afro:

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1569 on: November 20, 2015, 09:48:22 pm »
I guess that brings up a new question. How easy is it to replace the memory. When I was in the PC tower yesterday, I thought I only saw 1 sim, not sure the size of it. How many memory slots are there and what would you recommend. Figure memory is pretty cheap so would it be best to just replace the memory that is in there and also add more if there is an available slot.
I think the manual shows the memory to be: DDR RAM, 512MB PC2700-32x8
Does that sound right?

I had tried to connect a PS2 corded mouse to the mouse port, but even though the laser was working, the mouse pointer didn't move. I'll try a USB mouse next time.

You guys amaze me with your knowledge. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 09:53:39 pm by TimBoch »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1570 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:43 pm »
I guess that brings up a new question. How easy is it to replace the memory. When I was in the PC tower yesterday, I thought I only saw 1 sim, not sure the size of it. How many memory slots are there and what would you recommend. Figure memory is pretty cheap so would it be best to just replace the memory that is in there and also add more if there is an available slot.
I think the manual shows the memory to be: DDR RAM, 512MB PC2700-32x8
Does that sound right?

You guys amaze me with your knowledge. Thanks again.
That sounds right for the era.  It never hurts to up the memory.  Matter of fact it is normally better to have 2 DIMMS instead of 1 as this will allow the motherboard to conduct multi channel operations.  I.E instead of reading N amount of data linearly from one channel the motherboard could read N amount of data via two channels at the same time (synchronously) theoretically cutting the read time in half.

Before you spend any money on hardware you don't know is bad, google for memtest86, download the iso, burn it to a cd, put it in your cdrom drive, and reboot your machine.  Let it run the stress tests and it will tell you if your DIMM is bad.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1571 on: November 21, 2015, 02:03:20 am »
Just got done debugging the tournament creation tool.  It, the server changes, and the database changes are ready to be promoted to the main server and create our beta tournament.  It's late so I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening to do the push and test with my machine. 

Spit there is a possibility that you will encounter a timeout issue again due to the large amount of data being sent.  If that happens i will have to impliment a server change that drastically increases the speed of operations.  Didnt want to roll that out at the same time but if you encounter an error i will have to.

Will write again tomorrow night when i push everything.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1572 on: November 21, 2015, 02:05:19 am »
Just got done debugging the tournament creation tool.  It, the server changes, and the database changes are ready to be promoted to the main server and create our beta tournament.  It's late so I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening to do the push and test with my machine. 

Spit there is a possibility that you will encounter a timeout issue again due to the large amount of data being sent.  If that happens i will have to impliment a server change that drastically increases the speed of operations.  Didnt want to roll that out at the same time but if you encounter an error i will have to.

Will write again tomorrow night when i push everything.
Let me know when I should call into the tournament and I will report my results Boss!!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1573 on: November 21, 2015, 02:13:06 am »
I'm not the boss, you guys are the bosses.  I'm just the humble servant haha.  The real boss.....she's asleep in the other room.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1574 on: November 21, 2015, 02:22:35 am »
I'm not the boss, you guys are the bosses.  I'm just the humble servant haha.  The real boss.....she's asleep in the other room.
I'm hearin ya mate. Summoned home early from cousins house to cook a bbq. Urghh!!  More like ball breakers than bosses!!! Ha ha ha

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1575 on: November 21, 2015, 05:06:21 am »
Getting closer to legend status with a great few round on a Saturday night. It seems the more beers I have the better I play ha ha ha :cheers: Only four courses to go CMS Chucky boy!! Till I'm the undisputed golfing champion from down-under!!  :burgerking: me likey
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:31:37 am by Spitfire »

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1576 on: November 21, 2015, 05:57:04 am »
Hi Boost - Spitfire

I need some help please.

I reinstalled TC. Ran the Patch 4 file and restarted. I then go to the operators menu to Register Cabinet. The is the second time that i am registering the cabinet on the server. The first time the option was Register Cabinet. The option now is Restore Cabinet Registration. If I do that it goes to 5% and stops. The PC in not frozen. Left it for about 10min but %bar not moving past 5%. I restarted and tried again, but with no luck

The Cabinet ID is 30032

Is there any other info that you need?

Thank you so much

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1577 on: November 21, 2015, 06:25:42 am »
Hi Boost - Spitfire

I need some help please.

I reinstalled TC. Ran the Patch 4 file and restarted. I then go to the operators menu to Register Cabinet. The is the second time that i am registering the cabinet on the server. The first time the option was Register Cabinet. The option now is Restore Cabinet Registration. If I do that it goes to 5% and stops. The PC in not frozen. Left it for about 10min but %bar not moving past 5%. I restarted and tried again, but with no luck

The Cabinet ID is 30032

Thank you so much
I had the same problem on my cousins machine.  Look on page 33 for sherman8ors solution.  You have to unplug dongle, attempt modem test, go back to main menu, it says unregistered, plug dongle back in and then register like new. Works like a charm and will register again as normal.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1578 on: November 21, 2015, 07:40:36 am »
Hi Boost - Spitfire

I need some help please.

The Cabinet ID is 30032

Thank you so much
I had the same problem on my cousins machine.  Look on page 33 for sherman8ors solution.  You have to unplug dongle, attempt modem test, go back to main menu, it says unregistered, plug dongle back in and then register like new. Works like a charm and will register again as normal.

Thank you so much. It worked. Now i just need to get my coin mech to work then it is all systems go.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome   :)

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1579 on: November 21, 2015, 09:31:21 am »
Hey Spit, could you make a note in the trouble shooting section that says before reinstalling game, if possible unregister from the server.  What happens is part of the registration info is stored in the dongle, the rest is in the cabinet data base.  When you reinstall the dongle doesnt get wiped out clean.  When you unplug the dongle the game tries to read info from the dongle, doesnt get it, doesnt error, and thinks it is unregistered.  It's a bug in the game I'm appreciative for or else i would have to write the restore cabinet logic on the server.  Which i still might do, just bigger fish to fry right now.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1580 on: November 21, 2015, 11:37:06 am »
Hey Spit, could you make a note in the trouble shooting section that says before reinstalling game, if possible unregister from the server.  What happens is part of the registration info is stored in the dongle, the rest is in the cabinet data base.  When you reinstall the dongle doesnt get wiped out clean.  When you unplug the dongle the game tries to read info from the dongle, doesnt get it, doesnt error, and thinks it is unregistered.  It's a bug in the game I'm appreciative for or else i would have to write the restore cabinet logic on the server.  Which i still might do, just bigger fish to fry right now.

Hi Boost.

Lets be thankful for the bug.

Should i see all the other golfers scores on my cabinet  or is it only on the web site?

The photo I attached is the info of the card I use. Can you change the name for me please?
Change to:  Gvdvyver

Thanks allot

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1581 on: November 21, 2015, 12:58:43 pm »
You should see other golfers in world tour leaderboards.  Not in regular play.  Ill change your name tonight.  Also have another persons to do.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1582 on: November 21, 2015, 01:22:39 pm »
You should see other golfers in world tour leaderboards.  Not in regular play.  Ill change your name tonight.  Also have another persons to do.

Sorry for the questions

Where is the WT leaderboards, when I select a course to play?
Should I see the other scores while I am playing

Thank you

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1583 on: November 21, 2015, 04:26:13 pm »
No need to apologize, that is what this forum is for.  Ask all the wuestions you want.  Leaderboard for that hole will be presented before you approach the tee box.  There might even be a board if you use the flyover button or something.  But i only know about it being presented before you tee off.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1584 on: November 21, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »

Sorry for the questions

Thank you
LeaderBoards only shows up quickly before you tee off on every course. For a longer look use the website. Once you have finished playing a course if you want your score to show up on the leaderboards both in the game and on the website you must call in again to the server.

Boost their are so many little pieces of instructional trouble shooting posts on this 40 page forum that we need to somehow place all in one spot. I'm happy to troll through and cut and past them somewhere or just highlight them. But where are we going to put them So everyone that as any problem can go there first to see if a solution has already been found?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:12:50 pm by Spitfire »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1585 on: November 21, 2015, 05:13:16 pm »
I agree spit.  The website is the best place.  If you can gather all of the knowledge up into a single file.  Notepad, word, i dont care.  One file.  I can put it on the site and make a troubleshooting tab.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1586 on: November 21, 2015, 05:19:34 pm »
I agree spit.  The website is the best place.  If you can gather all of the knowledge up into a single file.  Notepad, word, i dont care.  One file.  I can put it on the site and make a troubleshooting tab.
Pm sent mate

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1587 on: November 21, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »
Spit,
You have some unlockables not on my list. Do you remeber were you unlocked them?
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1588 on: November 21, 2015, 07:14:54 pm »
Spit,
You have some unlockables not on my list. Do you remeber were you unlocked them?
Jason
Let me know which ones exactly and I'll let you know. They would be in this forum somewhere.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1589 on: November 21, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »
Here are things I found while searching through this thread. Feel free to add or correct as desired.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1590 on: November 21, 2015, 09:09:32 pm »
Getting close to tournament time.  One more hour till my daughter goes to bed and then its time to rock!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1591 on: November 21, 2015, 11:34:30 pm »
Here are things I found while searching through this thread. Feel free to add or correct as desired.
Hi Tim thx for the effort mate. Some of the things have been superseded with later methods especially the patch for server registration. So be careful following some of the things in that text file. We will compile the latest instructions needed for every problem encountered and anything else that needs instructions and boost will add to the leaderboard website for all to reference.

Boost can't wait for these tournaments!! As Borat once said. I EXCITE!! Ha ha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1592 on: November 22, 2015, 12:21:05 am »
Sorry guys, no joy this weekend.  I didnt have time to test the server on the dev machine during the week because i had to write the tournament tool.  I felt confident though so i just uploaded it and while i was able to get enough data to make the game promote the tournament.....there is a major failure somewhere causing the call to terminate.  I rolled the server back to the original code.  Dev machine lives at work so i wont be able to fix it until monday.  Sorry guys.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1593 on: November 22, 2015, 03:33:22 am »
Sorry guys, no joy this weekend.  I didnt have time to test the server on the dev machine during the week because i had to write the tournament tool.  I felt confident though so i just uploaded it and while i was able to get enough data to make the game promote the tournament.....there is a major failure somewhere causing the call to terminate.  I rolled the server back to the original code.  Dev machine lives at work so i wont be able to fix it until monday.  Sorry guys.
No worries mate as always we have full confidence in your ability to work it out and as always it's not if tournaments will happen its when. Until then I will dedicate my time to finishing on top of every courses leaderboard in World Tour.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1594 on: November 22, 2015, 05:27:56 am »

Sorry for the questions

Thank you
LeaderBoards only shows up quickly before you tee off on every course. For a longer look use the website. Once you have finished playing a course if you want your score to show up on the leaderboards both in the game and on the website you must call in again to the server.

Boost their are so many little pieces of instructional trouble shooting posts on this 40 page forum that we need to somehow place all in one spot. I'm happy to troll through and cut and past them somewhere or just highlight them. But where are we going to put them So everyone that as any problem can go there first to see if a solution has already been found?

Hi Spitfire

i just played St Andrews and saw my score on the website, with no name, but it is there. Awesome

Two questions:

Where do you see the stats? You posted and I think you have Champion status. Where do I find that?
I do not see all your scores on my game. Just before tee-of the WT leader board pops up, but with no scores except my own. Am I doing something wrong.

After I Reconnected to the sever my Cab ID changed to 30034

Thanks

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1595 on: November 22, 2015, 06:15:20 am »

Sorry for the questions

Thank you

Hi Spitfire

i just played St Andrews and saw my score on the website, with no name, but it is there. Awesome

Two questions:

Where do you see the stats? You posted and I think you have Champion status. Where do I find that?
I do not see all your scores on my game. Just before tee-of the WT leader board pops up, but with no scores except my own. Am I doing something wrong.

After I Reconnected to the sever my Cab ID changed to 30034

Thanks
[/quote

Hi

I found the instant Stats. No it is just for the leaderboards.

Thanks

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1596 on: November 22, 2015, 01:53:48 pm »
  Created a .txt with the unlockables uncovered so far. 15 unlocked only 14 documented.

Spit
 The only one missing from the list is the second one you unlocked on Sahalee.  From post #1016 to #1194 you get another unlockable but no post, are you keeping something a SECRET??  Just joking but going to continue to update this document as they become posted.

Jason

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1597 on: November 22, 2015, 02:05:32 pm »
Question for the PGA Forum:

Does any have a preference about posting game specific items to list within post?  I only ask as I have a few items that are game specific (PGA) that I was unsure how often the for sale thread was checked.

Thanks
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1598 on: November 22, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »
Gvd if you are no_name those scores are huge. Gonna be hard to beat!! Well done
Although Boost he is saying that he doesn't see any of our scores on the leaderboard only his own??? I think his top scores have to be null and void as playing in different conditions to all of us!! Ha ha ha
Gvd for instant stats insert your card at the attract screen.
Yukon anything to do with Pga golf please post here I never look at the for sale thread. Also not sure about the unlockable I'll take a look and try to remember what I done? Have unlocked all these long ago haven't seen a new one for a long while.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:09:28 pm by Spitfire »

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1599 on: November 22, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »
Gvd
 With scores like that you unlock anything yet? Trying to keep track of a the unlockables, any help thankful.

Spit
Loos like a new challenger has entered the fairway.

Jason