Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539487 times)

boostinallovryou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1440 on: November 06, 2015, 08:10:48 am »
Yukon, can you tell me what your cabinet id is please?  Should be on main service menu or first menu under connect.  I'd like to look at the logs and see why the server isnt receiving your card info.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1441 on: November 06, 2015, 08:15:32 am »
Can't wait for you to join in the fun boost its only fair you play as you created all this mate.
I'll be there soon.  Got to make sure the behind the scenes work is solid before i get to play.  For instance, gvd is about to get online.  He is from South Africa.  For him to get leaderboards i need to find a way to only send the region leaderboard info of interest or else we will be back to you timing out from sending too much info.  I'll be on the boards soon.

Torin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2021, 11:57:56 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1442 on: November 06, 2015, 11:37:37 am »
Got a replacement empty PGA cabinet yesterday to transfer my computer and control panel over to.  Now, I'll be able to play standing up and not laying on the floor.   :lol

Look out leaderboards!   Huh, not!

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1443 on: November 06, 2015, 12:43:26 pm »
Boost,
Cab ID
Card ID
Jason

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1444 on: November 06, 2015, 12:51:51 pm »
Thanks Jason.  Do me a favor when you can, call in just so i have the latest conversation between your machine and the server.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1445 on: November 06, 2015, 02:05:41 pm »
Boost
 I called in when I got the cab id.  Will call in again later.
Jason

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1446 on: November 06, 2015, 02:14:17 pm »
Oh ok, if you called in when you got the ID then the logs are waiting for me on the server.  No need to call in again.  I'll let you know what I find.

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2021, 10:51:34 am
« Reply #1447 on: November 06, 2015, 04:53:56 pm »
Been absent for a week or so... going to try to get a wireless bridge running to my cab so it can make calls regularly without me having to set up a wired bridge with my laptop every time.

See you guys on the leaderboards!

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1448 on: November 06, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »
I have been following this community for a few weeks as I have been preparing to get my PGA Tour Golf Challenge machine. She is now in her new home and playing very well. I have tried to search to see if there is any way to reset the leaderboard scores, so that those of the previous owner will be reset and removed. So far now luck.
I wish I could enjoy the online play that seems to be going on, but if I understand correctly, since mine is a Challenge machine, it is not supported.
I will be receiving a Player and Operator card in the next few days, so I hope I can unlock the player features at least and make my own unique player.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Tim

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1449 on: November 06, 2015, 09:03:30 pm »
Hi Tim firstly welcome to the club mate glad to see you are playing some real golf now and not having to endure that terrible golden tee machine you have ha ha ha.
Now unfortunately you are right, team challenge is the only version that can go online, you have to upgrade your machine if you want to be pet of the fun. If you want to do this the team challenge disks are readily available her or on the Facebook page and instructions on how to run the game with a dongle emulator.  So check it out if it's something your wanting to do.
In regards to your challenge machine I also have this version as I like the skins option it has that team challenge doesn't which is good when you play with a group of friends. To reset the leaderboards this can be found in the game settings in the operators menu. There should be a red button inside the coin door to access these menus. Press it while in attract mode and use trackball to go to the game settings and reset the leaderboards from there.
I hope this helps mate and hope to see your name one day on boosts online leaderboards!

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #1450 on: November 06, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »
Here's a link to the manual:  http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/U/Users%20Manual.pdf

Page 15 shows settings.

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1451 on: November 06, 2015, 10:26:40 pm »
That's what I thought too. First I cleared all courses, then I reset game stats, then reset numbered player stats. The leaderboards still show the previous owners scores as the round progresses as well as their records for longest drive, putt, and whatever else is on the leaderboard. I then did a factory reset and this also didn't clear the leaderboards or records. Got me stumped. It is great to see how you support us and as a new owner, I am very greatful. Maybe there is something I have missed.

It would be fun to do the upgrade to Team Challenge as I placed the game right next to the phone jack in case it could be played online. I will have to reread this thread and the Facebook page to find how to upgrade to Team Challenge. I have a player card and operator card coming in the next few days and hope it at least lets me use the Game Face option I can't at the moment.  One other thing that is a little strange is when I turn the power on via the switch on the panel on the back of th cabinet, the PC tower doesn't turn on at the same time as the rest of the machine powers up. I have to open the coin door and press the power button on the PC tower. Otherwise, the game is a blast to play and a nice diversion from designing and playing courses for Perfect Golf.

Thank you for your welcome and help.

As for real golf, this is the course I built in my backyard. But since it is about to snow here, I need something to do during the winter. ;)

Tim
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:31:03 pm by TimBoch »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1452 on: November 06, 2015, 11:31:07 pm »
Hey Tim,

I can help you with the power on issue.  There is a setting in the bios that says what to do when ac power is restored.  Options are to turn on, stay off, or do last state.  Choose turn on and save bios.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1453 on: November 06, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »
Hi Tim your backyard is awesome mate however I'm living on the 5th green of Sanctuary lakes golf course so Its not to bad for me.
It seems after reading the manual that the records for scores are save on the game software and can't be erased unless you reinstall the game again? Strange that. Please correct me Anyone if I'm wrong.
The game card will allow you to create your own golfer through game face the operators card is obsolete and will make a good coaster as this was used for the old global VR servers and not here on Boosts server.
Lastly your cmos battery in your PC has died and needs changing that's why your bios settings are not right and you have to boot up PC manually. Once you change the battery follow the instructions in the manual starting from page 43 or 46 I think it runs u through what the bios settings should be. Once new battery is in and saved the PC will power up when you power on the machine.
You should look into upgraded you game and join in the fun mate.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1454 on: November 06, 2015, 11:45:21 pm »
Only fitting that I should be on top of the leader board for my home course!! How do you like those apples CMS ha ha ha >:D

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1455 on: November 06, 2015, 11:50:18 pm »
Hey boost once things settle down would there be anyway to post who is top of the leaderboards for every course. As I think people would like to concentrate their games on the courses they aren't high enough on the leaderboards. Could start another thread for the leaderboards? Also would be good to know who is who on the leaderboard relating to this forum? My nick is easy as the same but others not so easy as for Jason who is alias no_name ha ha ha  :laugh2: Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:56:04 pm by Spitfire »

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1456 on: November 07, 2015, 12:08:39 am »
nice your own little amen corner bridge

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1457 on: November 07, 2015, 08:47:45 am »
Hey boost once things settle down would there be anyway to post who is top of the leaderboards for every course. As I think people would like to concentrate their games on the courses they aren't high enough on the leaderboards. Could start another thread for the leaderboards? Also would be good to know who is who on the leaderboard relating to this forum? My nick is easy as the same but others not so easy as for Jason who is alias no_name ha ha ha  :laugh2: Thoughts?

I have a few ideas.  One was a webpage that you could go to that showed leaderboards.  Another was maybe the facebook page could reference the page i just mentioned and list the leaders.  There is also another database table in the game that appears to be a leaderboard for all regions.  I'm wondering if that is filled out where in the game it is displayed.  If in attract mode that would be great.  As for game name to board name maybe we could edit the first page of this thread or something.  The only thing i dont like about another thread is that it's  more to maintain and post to.  I personally like one thread to talk to everybody.  Just my $.02

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1458 on: November 07, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »
nice your own little amen corner bridge
Thank you. I designed the course to have a look of Amen Corner. Welcome to Everest Corner.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1459 on: November 07, 2015, 05:28:08 pm »

I have a few ideas.  One was a webpage that you could go to that showed leaderboards.  Another was maybe the facebook page could reference the page i just mentioned and list the leaders.  There is also  :angel:another database table in the game that appears to be a leaderboard for all regions.  I'm wondering if that is filled out where in the game it is displayed.  If in attract mode that would be great.  As for game name to board name maybe we could edit the first page of this thread or something.  The only thing i dont like about another thread is that it's  more to maintain and post to.  I personally like one thread to talk to everybody.  Just my $.02
Sounds great mate. I to think post to this thread to keep it simple. The only problem is STP has disappeared and he's the only one that can do that. Gonna send him an email to see if he is still alive. Ha ha  :angel:

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1460 on: November 08, 2015, 09:20:19 am »
Hi Guys

My rescue disc is corrupt. I downloaded the on that STP made available.

I am how ever in the middle of a exam. I will get my machine online and get my name on that leader board when I finish for the year. It is so hard to concentrate on my studies knowing there is a leader board out there. :)

@Boost - I hope you will still help with the region issue then. I will be back on 19 November.

Enjoy

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:22:03 am by gvdvyver »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1461 on: November 09, 2015, 03:27:17 am »
Would anybody who has had success with the dongle emulator mind giving me a hand.  I took my challenge machine, loaded tc rescue and 3 tc game disks.  Installed emulator and dng file as documented.  See key and all that other good stuff, but always get dongle missing or invalid in game.  When i restart machine emulator is running but key is missing.  I kill off game, load key, restart game without restarting machine, always get missing dongle error.  Any help from someone who has had success would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1462 on: November 09, 2015, 05:21:03 am »
I didn't come up with the process, or create the files.  Lou and others over at the Facebook page paved the way.  I recommend signing up for the Facebook page if you haven't already.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690/

Here are the basic instructions for using the dongle emulator for Team Challenge:

1) Have Team Challenge running to the point where it says you don't have a valid dongle  (if you need the files to get you to this point, they're available through the facebook group)

2) Insert a disk or usb drive with the HASPHL2007.exe file and Team Challenge.dng files (available here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqbxb5g1wwl79k5/AAC4k4qpT47DsueU2eTpl6Z2a?dl=0 )

3) Create a new folder on the C: drive and drop those two files into the folder

4) Open the HASPHL2007.exe file

Under “Driver” tab

5) Click “Install Driver” - driver should install

6) Select Automatic

7) Click “Save State”

Under “Emulator” tab

8 ) Click “Start Service”

Under “Dongle” tab

9) Click “Load Dump”

10) A window will open, locate the Team Challenge.dng file, select open

Under “Emulator” tab again

11) Confirm that the license field is populated

That’s it. Restart your game without a real dongle attached and it should work.

If you're running a different version of the game and have the .dng file, the process is the same.  I still haven't figured out how to convert a .dmp file to .dng.  If someone could share that info I'd be grateful.

Hi boost haven't tried the dongle emulator yet but above is the instructions as per edowens post hope that helps!

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1463 on: November 09, 2015, 06:31:54 am »
Boost,

Are you using an original PGA computer or a newer Dell?

Did you load any drivers?  If so, did you do that before or after loading the emulator?

Where did you get the .dng file, from my link or the facebook page? 

After you get the dongle missing error, go back into HASPHL2007, select the emulator tab and see if your license field is still populated.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1464 on: November 09, 2015, 09:15:34 am »
Boost,

Are you using an original PGA computer or a newer Dell?

Did you load any drivers?  If so, did you do that before or after loading the emulator?

Where did you get the .dng file, from my link or the facebook page? 

After you get the dongle missing error, go back into HASPHL2007, select the emulator tab and see if your license field is still populated.
I am using an original black pga computer.
I didnt have to load any drivers.  The emulator installed and started fine after os and game were installed.
I tried your dng file and one from facebook.page.  Also tried both emulators, yours and facebook.
After dongle error license field is still populated and i see passwords in dumper tab.  This indicates the emulator received password attempts from the game.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1465 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:20 pm »
Nevermind guys it's ok, I'm going to skip using the emulator and just reflash my Challenge dongle to match my Team Challenge dongle.  Already got the tools and unlocked them both for editing.  Thanks though for the help.

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1466 on: November 09, 2015, 12:36:15 pm »
I had the same error but as asked by another poster it was using a new dell I had put in.  I had to load the proper chipset for the emulator to work.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1467 on: November 10, 2015, 07:07:53 am »
Hi all just received a pm from our thread starter STP and he has promised to place our server instructions at the start of this thread for everyone to see. The more players we can get the better. I have just checked and they are not there yet but hopefully STP will find some time soon. While there I read over the first 5 or so pages of this thread and boy what a read!!! Better than any soap opera TC show out there ha ha ha ha. So much going on. Does anyone know if Ed is still around maybe he should be invited to play on the great man boosts server would love to see how he fairs on the leaderboard. So many unanswered questions still remain nearly 3 years down the track just from those few pages I read. I beat pm people to find out the answers I desire!! Ha ha ha. In closing been away from the server the last few days as busy and the Bosses (Wife's) birthday. Hope you have been practicing and posting some good scores. Asalways love a challenge. Enjoy

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1468 on: November 10, 2015, 09:09:15 am »
That's funny you mentioned the more players the better.  I went on craigslist yesterday and searched for people selling pga machines.  I sent them emails saying their machines are upgradeable and a server exists.  Sent them links to this thread and the facebook page.  Trying to get the word out.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1469 on: November 10, 2015, 12:38:56 pm »
Well, my machine is finally online with you guys.  One thing is for sure......I'm horrible!!  Hahahah  Shot like 7 or 8 under on St. Andrews hahahaha.  Look for Chuck B moving up slowly.

Jason, now I'm going to focus on your players card name issue.  Stay tuned.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1470 on: November 10, 2015, 02:54:44 pm »
I must say, you have me excited about converting my PGA Tour Challenge game for online play. I am a bit overwhelmed as I have searched this thread, the Facebook  page where I found a link to the Team Challenge Restore and Disks 1-3.  Since my machine has a PGA Challenge dongle, I assume that I will need to use the emulator and if that works, remove it for Team Challenge play. Then I will need to install Boosts patch version 4 and go through a process to connect to the server.
I received my player cards yesterday and was excited to see my card reader works, I also played around with the registration page and could hear the modem try and connect to whatever the obsolete phone numbers once were. So seems like with a little more help, I should be able to convert my machine to Team Challenge and then join the community online. Sounds much more fun than spending $300 for the All Access Pass disks and dongle, though that might be a way to get more use out of my machine if I can't make all this work. Just hard to find all the information as its spread across many sources and posts.

Keep up the great work!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1471 on: November 10, 2015, 04:44:09 pm »
Hi Tim I think the best thing for you is to install another harddrive in your golf PC and install team challenge on scratch on that using the team challenge dongle emulator. Then you can use booting software to dual boot your machine. This will allow you to play the challenge game when you want to play skins etc and play online in team challenge as you will choose at startup which you won't to play. We can guide you through the process of how to do this mate. Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1472 on: November 10, 2015, 04:46:24 pm »
Well, my machine is finally online with you guys.  One thing is for sure......I'm horrible!!  Hahahah  Shot like 7 or 8 under on St. Andrews hahahaha.  Look for Chuck B moving up slowly.

Glad to see you are joining in the fun with us boost. I always knew however that a genius such as you wouldn't be any good at arcade golf. Ha ha keep practicing!!

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1473 on: November 10, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »
Hi Tim I think the best thing for you is to install another harddrive in your golf PC and install team challenge on scratch on that using the team challenge dongle emulator. Then you can use booting software to dual boot your machine. This will allow you to play the challenge game when you want to play skins etc and play online in team challenge as you will choose at startup which you won't to play. We can guide you through the process of how to do this mate. Thx Joe
Hello Joe,
That sounds interesting, and also will require a lot of tutoring for me. I haven't added a hard drive to a computer since my 486 days. I am assuming that the extra hard drive would have to be at least 40GB as most have said, but how to add it and then the software to dual boot, will require some instruction. Do the Restore and Team Challenge disks include the XP operating system?  Sorry for all the questions and thank you for all you help.

Tim

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1474 on: November 10, 2015, 05:16:37 pm »

Glad to see you are joining in the fun with us boost. I always knew however that a genius such as you wouldn't be any good at arcade golf. Ha ha keep practicing!!
You know just what to say to motivate me Spit! hahahahahahah

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1475 on: November 10, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »
Hello Joe,
That sounds interesting, and also will require a lot of tutoring for me. I haven't added a hard drive to a computer since my 486 days. I am assuming that the extra hard drive would have to be at least 40GB as most have said, but how to add it and then the software to dual boot, will require some instruction. Do the Restore and Team Challenge disks include the XP operating system?  Sorry for all the questions and thank you for all you help.

Tim

The restore disk will load the XP embedded operating system for you.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1476 on: November 10, 2015, 08:32:41 pm »
I must say, you have me excited about converting my PGA Tour Challenge game for online play. I am a bit overwhelmed as I have searched this thread, the Facebook  page where I found a link to the Team Challenge Restore and Disks 1-3.  Since my machine has a PGA Challenge dongle, I assume that I will need to use the emulator and if that works, remove it for Team Challenge play. Then I will need to install Boosts patch version 4 and go through a process to connect to the server.
I received my player cards yesterday and was excited to see my card reader works, I also played around with the registration page and could hear the modem try and connect to whatever the obsolete phone numbers once were. So seems like with a little more help, I should be able to convert my machine to Team Challenge and then join the community online. Sounds much more fun than spending $300 for the All Access Pass disks and dongle, though that might be a way to get more use out of my machine if I can't make all this work. Just hard to find all the information as its spread across many sources and posts.

Keep up the great work!
You are correct Tim, all of the information is scattered across (currently) 37 pages of forums.  I too had an issue yesterday setting up my machine where it thought it was already registered and I had to use Sherman8or's awesome steps to get back to normal.  I had to scan back 5 or so pages to find that post.  There is a PGA golf TC wiki here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGA_Tour_Golf_Team_Challenge     What if we either added a section to it or started a new wiki page?  Probably a new page.  But document how to get your TC game onto the server.  Also document possible issues and the solutions to them.  For legal reasons I don't think we could say where to get restore disks from and how to use a dongle emulator.  That is obviously illegal and a quick way to draw the wrong attention.  Or, put a together a word doc in the same format but that time we can include restore, emulators, reflashing dongles, and put it on the facebook page.  Just suggestions.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1477 on: November 10, 2015, 10:46:40 pm »
I was thinking the same think. Was gonna start a new thread and copy and paste all the instructions that people have posted including myself for different situations pertaining to this magnificent game. All these things are already out there but to find them all side by side and labelled in one thread would be the way to go definately.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 10:26:30 pm
« Reply #1478 on: November 11, 2015, 07:19:19 am »
I didn't come up with the process, or create the files.  Lou and others over at the Facebook page paved the way.  I recommend signing up for the Facebook page if you haven't already.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690/

Here are the basic instructions for using the dongle emulator for Team Challenge:

1) Have Team Challenge running to the point where it says you don't have a valid dongle  (if you need the files to get you to this point, they're available through the facebook group)

2) Insert a disk or usb drive with the HASPHL2007.exe file and Team Challenge.dng files (available here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqbxb5g1wwl79k5/AAC4k4qpT47DsueU2eTpl6Z2a?dl=0 )

3) Create a new folder on the C: drive and drop those two files into the folder

4) Open the HASPHL2007.exe file

Under “Driver” tab

5) Click “Install Driver” - driver should install

6) Select Automatic

7) Click “Save State”

Under “Emulator” tab

8 ) Click “Start Service”

Under “Dongle” tab

9) Click “Load Dump”

10) A window will open, locate the Team Challenge.dng file, select open

Under “Emulator” tab again

11) Confirm that the license field is populated

That’s it. Restart your game without a real dongle attached and it should work.

If you're running a different version of the game and have the .dng file, the process is the same.  I still haven't figured out how to convert a .dmp file to .dng.  If someone could share that info I'd be grateful.

Hi boost haven't tried the dongle emulator yet but above is the instructions as per edowens post hope that helps!
Edowen's instructions, work a treat.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1479 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:40 pm »

You know just what to say to motivate me Spit! hahahahahahah

Hey boost did a complete restore of my cousins PGA team challenge machine as it was doing some odd things. Once done game working fine. Ran the patcher again to get him online ready with success. Went to the operators menu to register his cabinet again and all it had available was restore cabinet registration. So I did this and started calling into server. Got to 5% and has stalled. It's not timing out or anything? Not sure what or how to get him back in the game. He was previously registered as Weeda. Please advise what i should? Had to reboot to gain back control. In the info it's says the cabinet status is Cabinet Restore Required. His cabinet I'd is 30017. Country Australia. No option now to deregister just Restore Cabinet Registration (re-enables online features) but when tried stalls at 5% no time out urghh!! Thx Joe
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:57:52 pm by Spitfire »